Fantasies

Forty-Five; Chocolate Fudge Cake

Darlie

I took four painkillers in my attempt to numb the pain. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did last night. Poor Brian had to get up at least five times just to console me and rub the parts of my back that weren't wounded. I'm still trying to figure out how my back was hurt so badly. Perhaps because Charles attempted to flip me over. But I'm sure he was hurt more than I was.

I've tried my hardest not to think about it. It seems as if all that enters my life is only to attempt to destroy it. I still remember the day I received that phone call which I was sure was a prank call. And the day that Brian himself kidnapped me just so Mr.Davis wouldn't. The day I met the guys and when Johnny seemed to be my best friend. How close I got to them after I forgot about the scare. The day we had in Brian's inside pool.

The dancing I did in the street. Mia's betrayal. Finding out that Vergario is truly the one who wants to hurt us. My life has taken a complete turn. I never saw it coming. Who knows how I'd be right now. Perhaps I'd be happy at home with my mother. Johnny would still be alive, even if I would have never gotten the chance to meet such amazing people, at least none of this would have happened. Maybe I should had just let myself be taken by Mr.Davis or Vergario or whoever wanted me. At least they would all be alright. I shouldn't have left the house that morning. I shouldn't have attempted to help Brian when he faked stomach pain.

I should have called the cops instead of leaving to find my best friend who I never saw again because of my stupidity. If only I had thought before I did something like accepting a date with Charles.

"You alright?" Zach asked as he sat beside me. The comforter wrinkled as he pressed his hand on the bed. I slightly smiled even thought I wasn't believing it myself.

"I'm fine now that you guys are here."

"Yeah, well, let's not separate again, okay? I think Brian's pretty upset."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't understand why you were out with some guy."

"I don't get it, you guys had Mia. And when I say, 'you guys', it's basically because most of you had a chance with her. I was trying to forget it all and just be happy. It was only going to be one date. He seemed believable enough."

"Yeah, but I don't think it was correct timing to just decide to date. We're still going through a lot. We still have Vergario on our back."

"But what if he isn't after us anymore? Maybe he gave up. There's been no sign of him anymore."

"Or maybe he just wants us to believe that so we aren't conscious and he can find us quickly. That's exactly what happened to you. If your real name would have come out on the news when that accident took place, he'd know where we are right away. You know this man has connections."

"I guess you're right. I just hope Brian lets it go. I don't want him mad at me."

"Don't worry. He cares too much to hold on to it this long. He cares about you."

I smiled and it soon faded when Zach walked away. My eyes closed and I looked out the window. People walked back and forth. They seemed confused, we all are. Well, at least I am. I just wish this could all end. Why does Vergario want me?

Brian walked in soon after my thoughts and leaned in front of me.

"Darlie, what are you thinking?" he smiled. I smiled back. It had been a while since I see his lips make that movement.

"About everything. I think I have an idea. What if we get guns and we learn how to use them. Then we wait for Vergario to find us. Like, we need to make it obvious. Then we need to find a way to have him surrounded and unarmed at least to find out why he's after us. Then..."

"Then we kill him?"

"U-um, I don't know. I don't want to kill anyone."

"This seems like a good plan, but you do realize that Vergario is smarter than us and he probably will know each and every one of our moves. Besides. Vergario isn't stupid. He's gonna have plenty of men there to watch his back. There's only four of us."

"I know, but if we think about this and plan it out, I'm sure I can get a lot of people I trust to help us too."

"No one is going to want to kill someone just because they trust you. I mean, they probably won't even believe us."

"I already told two people and they believe me," he rubbed his face, somewhat upset about what I had done, "They even gave me a job and a place to stay."

"Yeah, probably so they can then turn you into some mental hospital."

"Brian! I'm gonna smack you. Listen, they gave me the place to stay and the job before. I waited months to earn their trust and then I felt as if I should tell them. They work in that diner that's a few blocks away. They're also extremely wealthy and they might know people."

"I highly doubt someone extremely wealthy works at a diner."

"But it's true! The business belonged to another family member. Please Brian."

"Alright, I'll think about it. But we need to think this through for a while. It's not just something that is going to happen from one day to the next. We honestly need to do this right."

"Thanks."

"I'm gonna go order room service. Would you like anything?"

"Chocolate fudge cake with milk." he giggled and walked towards the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe.