Fantasies

Eight; Potatoes

Brian

She slept with her hand under her head. She took deep sighs and let out soft breaths. She's just a young girl, she's so peaceful. I'm not used to girls like this. She doesn't have any piercings other than the ones on her ears, she doesn't drink, she doesn't smoke, she doesn't have a boyfriend.

Of course, I only know this because of what I see and what Vergario has told me. She doesn't care much for being a crazy reckless teenager.

She blinked twice before opening her eyes and looking at me. She slightly smiled and put her hand over her face.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, her fingers now widening so I could see her eyes.

"Nothing. Get up because Vergario might be coming over."

"What? When did he say he was coming over?"

"As soon as one of the agents told him that my band mates were here."

She sighed and bit her knuckles.

"I'll go get in the shower." she said and got up.

I walked down the steps and into the kitchen. The guys were still over but there is no way they can go home now. Vergario might think something is up and I can't risk the reputation of my band.

Matt was sitting on a wooden chair near the window, the window that looked like a mirror from outside. He sighed and took a bite out of his burger.

"What now?" I asked.

"We're gonna get in trouble, dude. I knew we shouldn't have come. But to stay here for a week? Nah dude, who knows what will happen to us."

"These are FBI agents or something, not dudes from the mafia."

He nodded and went back to looking out the window. Johnny was still asleep, as always. He was the only one who got drunk last night, breaking the promise we had given Darlie. Zach is in the shower that we have in the basement.

I walked near the microwave and threw in a slice of pizza for Darlie. It might just be all she eats. She hates mashed potatoes, but there's reason for that. The other night I "made some mashed potatoes" for her. Well, I was wondering why they had pepper because the box didn't say they had pepper. Sadly, it wasn't pepper, they were little bugs. So to this day she hates them.

She doesn't eat meat thanks to Peta. She doesn't like many vegetables either. All she really eats is Pizza. The girl can eat an entire pie if we let her.

I heard the water stop and someone stepped out of the shower.

"I'm gonna go check on Darlie."

"Dude, no, she hasn't even dressed herself yet. She just got out of the shower. She's a girl so I say give her 20 minutes to get dressed and another half an hour to pretty herself up."

"Right."

I walked back and forth not really knowing what to do. If it wasn't for Matt I probably would have walked in on her and that would've been awkward.

"Oh, I'm gonna go check on Zach."

Matt nodded and I ran towards the door near one of the many closets. I honestly don't trust Zach in the basement. I still have all the equipment that Vergario put down there.

"Zach, what are you doing?" I said as I ran down the steps. His running footsteps were heard. This can only mean one thing; Zach is doing something he shouldn't be doing.

I looked over to the computer and it was just starting to shut off. Idiot, the computer is always on. Way to leave tracks Zach.

"You're really stupid, you know that?" I told him. He sat on one of our guest beds that also happened to be in the basement.

"What are you talking about, dude?"

"You were on the computer."

"Pfft, no I wasn't."

"You're such a liar. The computer is just now turning off. Not to mention that the computer was on to begin with."

"Why can't I use it?"

"Because it's no gaming computer. That's real stuff man."

"Fine."

He finished tying his shoes and started heading towards the steps. He's like a child. He wants to play with everything he shouldn't be playing with. I walked up stairs and closed the door. The front door opened and Vergario stood in front of us.

Matt gulped a couple times and Johnny, being himself, went to greet him with a hand shake. Vergario walked by him, taking off his gloves.

"Where is she?"

"Where is who?" I asked.

"Your mother." he stopped and smiled, "Darlie, where is Darlie?"

"Oh, she'll be down in a little bit. She was getting dressed."

He walked to the living room and we all followed like lost puppies. He sat himself on the couch as did we. Johnny, being himself, sat to his side and looked at him as if he was some UFO. I looked at the clock, waiting for Darlie to come down the steps.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" she yelled, running down the steps.

She had curled her hair with something, I just didn't know what. It had nice soft waves and it seemed shinier than the last time I saw it.

"Darlie, go pack. We're taking you somewhere."

"What?" I asked.

"What?" she asked.

"Brian, you have put her in danger with these men. She can no longer stay here. I'm taking her to another care taker."

"You can't do that! I've done everything right and my friends have only helped. They could never put her in danger."

"Mr.Davis already knows where she is, you know? He followed your good friend Johnathan here."

"What?" Darlie asked, confused and trying to gasp for air.

"Yes Darlie, we need to get you somewhere and now."

"No, you're not taking me. You got me attached to Brian so you can just take him away from me? No, I'm not going."

"Darlie, we have a feeling Mr.Davis will be hitting tonight. So if you don't come I don't know what will happen."

"I'm not going." she insisted.

"Darlie, you have to go."

"You too now? Brian I don't want to go."

"But you have to."

"No, I'm not going!"

She started running for the door and unlocked it. She ran down the steps and started heading out of the drive way.

"Darlie, come back here!" I yelled. I ran faster until I caught up to her and grabbed her by the hips, throwing her over my shoulder.

"Brian no! I don't want to go." she cried, "I won't be able to trust anyone else."

I set her down near Vergario's van.

"I'll come for you, I promise I will. If anything ever happens, I'll be there. Don't worry Darlie. This will only be for now."

She cried and pushed me away, getting into the van and locking the door.

"That was easier than I imagined. Goodbye Brian. There will be some undercover agents here tonight, perhaps passing by and guarding your home. But this isn't it for you, you know that? I'll be taking you to another destination. For now Darlie will be staying with me."

I nodded and he got into the van. He drove away until the car disappeared out of my sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looong. Sorry.
The next one might be better though.
Like I said, I just want you to get to know the characters.