Fantasies

Nine; Guns

Brian

I sat on my couch as I rubbed my hands together. It's been three weeks since I've last seen Darlie. All I can think about is how she's doing. Vergario hasn't necessarily filled me in with the gaps, I don't even know where she is.

Johnny walked back and forth in discomfort. Somehow he too misses her. Well, we all miss her, but Johnny formed an odd bond with that girl. They got along great. He could be himself around her. And not in a creepy way, he could just be a kid and she was fine with it.

"Well?" Zach asked, walking in and breaking the silence.

I nodded my head 'no' and he sat himself next to me. We're waiting for the phone to ring. It's been like this for a while but today is finally the three week mark. One of Vergario's men came soon after Darlie left and he said that he'd call us on a Monday.

So here we are being paranoid.

"I hate Vergario for this." I whispered to myself.

"Me too." said Zach.

Zach is cool with Darlie, but he's not cool with the fact that she's taken over our break. I mean, I don't see it that way, these are his words. He doesn't like the fact that I have to baby sit her and the fact that I can't have some time to myself anymore. But I don't see it like that. I've come to realize that Darlie is a lovable person, and I love her.

Obviously not in a creeper kind of way, she's 17 for Christ's sake. But more in a...in a friendly kind of way? She's a good person. She made us all fall in love with her. But now Vergario, being the dick head he is, took her away from me.

Why did this need to happen now?

I put my head back and closed my eyes. Johnny's constant circling make me dizzy.

"I need to find her." I said.

"Well, then let's go."

"What? You do realize that if we do one thing wrong, she's gone. Like totally just out of here."

"What are you talking about Brian? She's not gonna die, dude. Plus, it was your idea."

"Well, then let's go." I said, standing up and walking towards the door.

"What?" Zach asked, "We can't go. We don't even know where she is."

"Just shut up and grab your jacket."

He walked towards me and took his leather jacket off the couch. Johnny ran towards me with the keys.

"Wait, I saw something the other day." Zach said.

"I don't really care for what you've seen right now." I whispered.

"Quite being a jerk and listen. There's guns downstairs. We might need to take them."

"Dude, we're only going for Darlie."

"But what if we need them?"

I looked around, rubbing my hands on my face and then looking at Zach.

"Matt, help him get some of that stuff. I'll turn on the van. Hurry up."

They nodded and started walking towards the basement door. Johnny and I walked towards the van. I got in the drivers side, buckling my seat belt. Johnny sat in the back. He was pissed, I could tell. But there really is no reason to be pissed.

Well, there's no reason for him to be pissed. I have a reason, I'm pissed at Vergario for making me care about someone. I'm pissed about coming home right after the concert, I could have avoided all this. I could have never met Darlie if I would've stayed at Matt's for a while.

But I just had to.

And I'm pissed at Darlie. Pissed at her because she had to be so sweet. Pissed because she had to take care of me every time I got hung over.

"Got it." Zach said, bringing a box into the back seat and sitting next to Johnny. Matt sat beside me and I drove away.

"Where to?"

"To Mr.Davis's"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm feeling in the mood of another update.