I'm Sorry, Can You Repeat That?

Room Raider

Riddle me this. What’s tall, handsome, smart, and has a head full of hair I would love to run my fingers through? No idea? Well it’s the school newspaper’s Chief and Editor Todd Westfield, but I’ll leave that the whole touching his hair to his senior girlfriend. I always wonder what it’d be like to have a boyfriend to mess around with, text, hug, kiss and all those other fun things. My friend Stacy says it’s fun, and her constant smile can back up her statement. Stacy is going out with my friend Rob and have been dating since freshmen year, I sometimes think they’ll never break up.

“Cherry,” I jumped at my name and turned in my seat to see Todd looking at me, “Here’s your letters,” he handed a thick envelop and I nodded.

“Thanks, I’ll start reading once I get home.”

He smiled, “Good, people like reading your column,” he ruffled my hair and walked away. I turned back to my computer screen staring at the blank word document. For the newspaper I write the “Ask Alex” column. Students write letters with their problems-usually love life ones-and drop them off in the new room. No one knows I write the column cause of the “Alex” title I use. Alex could be anyone, girl, boy, hamster, and because of that I even get mail from guys. Hey, everyone has problems.

Mine is a lack of a guy in my life, and reading other people’s love life issues just brings me down a little from time to time. Though that doesn’t mean I haven’t kissed anyone, no. I’ve got my first kiss taken by some guy that was running through the halls and then tripped, falling onto me. Apparently my lips broke his fall, go figure. I never caught his name cause as quickly as he fell he jumped back up and resumed his chase. Boys, they just don’t care.

I closed the window and put the envelop in my backpack. After zipping the bag up I shut off the computer and shouldered my bag, “See ya, I’m sailing away.” Some people said by and I could see Todd’s hand wave at me from his computer. I walked out of the room and headed out of the school to the bike rack. Cool thing about California is that it’s never bad weather for a bike ride, well that is if it’s raining. I got to my bike and started riding home looking forward to whatever my mom got me for my birthday. It’s always a surprise when it comes to her while dad gives it away easily cause I give him a list, and he doesn’t know how to hide presents.

After fifteen minutes I rode up my driveway noticing my mom and dad’s car missing. They’re probably getting the cake or something. Entering the password to the garage I walked in and put my bike against the wall and closed the door before walking into the house. I entered the kitchen and saw a piece of paper on the fridge.

Cher, we’re getting last minute things and will be back later. There are noodles if you want some, but not a lot. Don’t want you spoiling dinner

Mom


Huh, well I’m not hungry…maybe I’ll start reading these letters. Readjusting my bag I walked through the kitchen and went upstairs to my room when I heard a crash come from behind the door. Without thinking I opened the door and saw my room a wreck. My bed all messed up, books and movies all over the place, papers all on the floor. That wasn’t even the worst of it, two guys were in here and one was on my bed and the other searching through my underwear drawer.

“How come there isn’t anything sexy in here?” one guy asked and held up one of my bras. He wore black skinnies, a black tee, and a hat.

The guy on my bed laughed and rolled around, “What were you thinking of finding Jack? Thongs?” he laughed even harder and then fell to the floor. He popped up and brushed a blanket from his face finally noticing me in the door way. A smile spread across his face and he jumped to his feet coming at me and pulling me into a hug, “Sister! You’re here!” Sister? I’m an only child. “Jack, say hi to her.”

Jack looked at me and then tossed my bra to the floor, “really? This is all you own? Can you say plain Jane?” My jaw dropped open as I listened to him. Who the hell is this guy?

“Well excuse me for not stocking up on kinky underwear for a stranger I don’t know,” I shot back at him and he huffed.

“Strangers? You mean you don’t know who we are?” the guy hugging me asked and I shook my head. He pulled off me and pointed to himself, “I’m Cain Valentine, and Mr. Rude Room Raider is my bro, Jack.” I looked at the two of them and noticed how similar they looked with their light brown hair and green eyes.

“Okay, names are good, but that doesn’t tell me way you’re making my room a mess.”

A spark flashed in his eyes as he jumped, “Oh, oh I want to tell her. Can I Jack? Can I?” he pleaded with his brother and I raised an eyebrow at him. Jack nodded and flopped on my messed up bed letting out a sigh. Cain came to me and put an arm over my shoulders pulling me close like it was a big secret, “okay sister.” He whispered, yup just like a secret, “my bro is here cause he wanted to know what his fiancé is like.”

Processing…processing…

“WHAT?!” I screamed.

Processing complete.

“He’s my-“

“Fiancé,” Cain finished.

“You’re my-“

He spun around, “brother-in-law to be.”

“B-b-but him being my fiancé means that I…that we…”

“Are going to get married,” Jack said from my bed with his eyes closed, and Cain went over to him pulling something out of his pocket and plopping it on Jacks’ head.

Jack sat up quickly with a bow hanging from his hair, “Happy Birthday!”
♠ ♠ ♠
My first arranged marriage story. So be patient

Please Comment