Status: Active

I'm Swallowed by the Sky

002

I stumbled from the bedroom into the early morning light to find Dirk leaning against the counter with a bowl of cereal in his hands. He smiled and sat the bowl down brushing his hands on his pants and swallowing.

“Happy Halloween!” I smiled and rubbed my eyes, yawning.

“Happy Halloween to you too. What’s our plans for the day?” He tapped his chin thoughtfully.

“We have to make a schedule and list of things that need to be done everyday on tour as my little roadie and then theres are a Halloween party tonight at a friends house. She’s a representative for the vendor on tour.”

“A party? I don’t have a costume.....so I guess I’ll just stay in.”

“Ha. No. We’ll just head on down to the Halloween store before all the good ones are snatched up.” I glared at him and stood heading back into my room. By now the only things that would be left were slutty nun’s and vampire capes. Nothing good. Nothing cute.

I slipped into jeans and a t shirt, grabbing my bag I walked into the living room where he waited for me a curt smile on his face.

“Lead the way m’lady.” Dirk said slipping a camera bag over his thin frame.

“What are you doing with that?” I asked staring at the bag in the elevator.

“Just pictures. You’d be amazed at what you can see on these streets.” He said fumbling with the zipper.

I sighed and leaned against the wall. My mind wandered back to a few nights ago when John O’ Callaghan had made his way into her life. Yesterday I’d spent the day trolling the internet to find out more about the band only to come to the conclusion that John O’ Callaghan was a heart breaker everywhere he went.....which was understandable with those green eyes and charm.....and the way he managed to make being a baby sexy. I shook my head and found myself on the street following Dirk along the sidewalk. A store came into sight, a large orange sign read Spirit Halloween and decorations decked the entrance and windows.

“Dirk, really, I don’t need to do this.” I mumbled holding up a pink cow girl outfit that looked like it belonged in the children’s section.

“Yes you do. You’re my assistant and you have to do what I say. Plus, I need you tonight. The guys are playing a mini show and I’m supposed to photograph them so I need you to bring your laptop so I can just stream to that instead of keeping up with a thousand memory cards and then afterwards I need you to go through them and delete the bad ones, retouch the keepers and email them to me.” I sighed and picked up a penguin outfit.

“Sure thing boss.”

“What are your thoughts on Spongebob Squarepants?” He asked stepping from around a rack with a bag in his hands. I shrugged.

“I’ve got nothing against him. Why?” I asked staring at the back of the clear bag.

“You can be a girl version!” I closed my eyes for a second and then took the bag away from him and slipped into a dressing room. The skirt was stripper short but the top was a simple t shirt with Spongebob’s face on it and knee high socks adorned my feet. I stared at the shoes that accompanied the outfit and scoffed. Those were not going on my feet.

“Dirk, I look like Spongebob’s slutty sister. You want me to go to a show looking like this? I won’t be known as Dirk Mai’s assistant, I’ll be known as that groupie whore that takes pictures.” He placed a hand over his mouth to muffle his laughter.

“It’s cute. Not to mention its Halloween and you’re a girl. You’re allowed to dress like a whore.” My mouth hung open. What.

“Okay. Whatever. You’re buying me a pair of shoes to go along with this outfit because I’ll break my neck in the ones supplied.” I said slipping back into my jeans and t shirt.

As I paid for the god awful costume I couldn’t help but smile. Here I was in Los Angeles, going to a Halloween party show with Dirk Mai, and I was going to be traveling with this band that so far had proven to be everything they promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was editing and then I got a new subscriber and it was awesome so I'm posting this. There's a follow up chapter that's almost done. I've had the idea for awhile but I had to work. McDonalds is ridiculous is scheduling. I'm working 35 hours this coming week. What. The. Fuck. Anyway, the next chapter is less filler more action! :D

Outfit

Comments ll Subscribe