‹ Prequel: Heartland
Status: Active-ish?

Two Breaths Walking

Kapittel fem

Another gurgling noise was heard from the one-eyed hand. And because of it, Ares released the breath he was holding all along. The one-eyed hand spat out a rope and it landed on his lap. He looked at the rope then at the paper he was holding. His eyes widened when he saw that it didn't say 'Help me' anymore. Instead, it said 'Pull and don't let go of the rope' in dark red cursive letters. Ares frantically searched for the 'Help me' that was written minutes ago. When he didn't find it, he just folded the paper into four and placed it in his pocket.

Ares held the rope tightly and tugged on it. The one-eyed hand's mouth grew bigger and bigger until you could fit a person inside it. Suddenly, he was pulled towards that mouth. He frantically tried to let go of the rope but the rope seemed to have a mind of its own and wrapped itself on his wrist.

"No!" He shouted but it was too late; he was already pulled in.

He closed his eyes tightly and held to the rope so tight that his fingers were turning red. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was a vast black space and the only light seemed to coming from him. Then he saw this ocean-like black liquid that was the only thing moving and he seemed to be going towards it.

It was like diving into the ocean from five feet above. His ears were ringing and he felt so heavy all of the sudden. But it wasn't like the ocean in the sense of it didn't make splashes of water when he was pulled towards it. It was more like dropping a drop of water into a glass of water.

He opened his eyes and saw no abyss. He saw the lush green grass and the tall trees that seemed to be the same height as the mountains. He saw that he was just above the clouds hovering in the sky. He almost felt like floating on air. Then the pull on the rope was harder than before and he gained speed.

He closed his eyes tightly again as he felt the pressure of the wind on his face. The next thing he knew, he was lying unconscious face down to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if it's short. And I'm very happy because of the comments I've received.