Status: As of OCT 2014 still working. *_^ I will continue to work on this until I have finished it. Sorry for making you all wait, but I refuse to write a fast chapter, not giving it the attention it deserves.

Her Mystic Bodyguard

Ten

With Sesshomaru

It had been two weeks since he had left the castle, and it had been two very refreshing weeks. Tonight he was gazing at the sky, his business with the other lords thus concluded. Of course he could of been back to the castle before the sun rose, carried away on his cloud, but he preferred this way much better, it meant more distance and time from her. Sesshomaru's lip pulled downward, he didn't even have to say her name, yet an instant image was still conjured, a mix of emotions and pictures piercing through his mind, one of which almost compelled him and would have given him a reason to return sooner. He slowly shook his head, he needed to cleanse himself of her consuming spirit, and fast. Her face interrupted his thoughts, made him sometimes oblivious to what was happening outside, and he thought sometimes he heard her voice, or smelt her flowery and intoxicating scent......... And all of it ultimately made him sick. This was the same kind of folly his Father had fallen into and he was determined not to repeat his Father's mistakes.

Sleep came, pure nothingness until he heard singing, a female voice, lilting and so beautiful. Before him appeared ___, she was sitting on a large, polished, white rock, her back was to him but there was no denying it was her, from the way her beautiful hair hung, to the curves in her. Her hands held something to her mouth, and then he heard the flute, he didn't know she could play, and so mesmerizing too.......... Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and walked around the apparition. ____ was clothed in a simple, pure white kimono with large hanging sleeves and a red belt tied around her waist. He came to stand in front of her and took in her face, her eyes seemed to be radiating all colors and there were tiny diamonds in her hair.

"My Lord."

Her voice held an ethereal tint to it, he frowned down at her.

"Does my singing displease you my lord? Perhaps my flute playing?"

Sesshomaru answered her nothing, wary making him wise, the words 'My lord' coming from her lips were odd, it wasn't in her irking nature to address him by his proper title. ____ slowly got up, placing the flute on the rock, the sleeves draping dramatically. She took two small floating steps towards him and stopped, tilting her head back so she could gaze into his unflinching gold eyes. Her being this close was having an effect on him that he rather wished would disappear. Her voice was calm and soft as she spoke, but it rubbed against him.

"My Lord?"

"Get back."

He almost growled the command but was able to manage his cool demeanor, oh how she had an effect on him! Damn her! When she made no move he withdrew backwards, and she merely tilted her delicate head. He was retreating?

"Whats wrong Lord Sesshomaru? I know your not afraid of me, a mere human......Disgusted instead? Would it be better if I was a pure blooded demon? Then could you handle your self better towards me?"

Her visage flickered and she was suddenly in a demon form, he could feel the change, could see the change from the slight markings that branched from the corners of her eyes and down onto neck where the kimono kept the rest hidden, he wondered where else the markings curved to and from.......... He looked into her eyes and found himself agreeing without thinking to what she said, that if only she had been a pure demon, he began to yearn for that, then he growled and backed further away. ____ took another step and parted her lips, her canines curved so beautiful as she started again.

"No no that would never do though would it? The great youkai a victim of his heart? No that would never hold, all these problems I present, can't have me as human....."

Her image changed back to her mortal form.

"But won't have me as a demon either.....Challenges challenges, perhaps it would be easier if I wasn't around to bother you at all."

A little red dot appeared over her stomach, then it began to blossom and spread. Her skin was paling and blood trickled from a corner of her mouth.

"Is this how you want it Lord Sesshomaru?"

She took a step but stopped and fell to the floor, he stared in horror. This couldn't be happening, shouldn't be happening. He felt around for his Tenseiga but he couldn't find it, blood began to seep further in a puddle, collecting, growing, it's maroon sheen contrasting with the pure whiteness of the robe....the floor..... It fanned out further from her limp form, and he was transfixed, unable to move as it slowly came to him, glistening as it touched the toe of his boot.....

Sesshomaru jolted awake, that was it, he couldn't take the anguish that he received from this girl, from this human. There was no way that her power should be able to give him nightmares, or make him yearn for foolish things, or even be worried for her safety.... He knew one way he could stop it, but he would never lower himself to something so demeaning, no just the thought of it made his stomach curl, he had to think of something else, this constant attack of his head was driving him crazy, like how it drove his Father, and he would never let it end like his Father had.

With You

You weren't quite sure what to do with the information you had presented to yourself. Your love for him you were sure of, why was something else entirely, he knew how to irritate you in ways you never knew you could be irritated, and you often found yourself competing with him for Rin's affections, but not being too jealous when he did manage to win. Yet he could also frighten you, the fear only lasted for a second, and lately your fear in regards to him was that of the emotional declaration you had made, and thankfully it had been a silent one at that, which brought you to your dilemma, should you tell him when he returned? Probably shouldn't do anything to make him despise me more than he already does. You watched Rin as she played with the other children, little nieces or nephews of the servants that had asked if they could visit. Of course this was all done when the great lord was away, and they had to leave today, you didn't want to be at the end of that lecture, no children were to reside at the castle, excepting Rin of course and if any of the women happened to become pregnant, then they were sent away with a little stipend. You grinned at that, he still gave his staff a last, generous check before they left, many of them having broke the rules. Of course this was supposed to be top secret, and in truth only one person knew, the Accountant, and now you, if that got out then his reputation would be smeared, but in all fairness though it was one that he did live up to, all the servants were terrified, or held great respect for him.

You wrinkled your nose, you could always continue going as if you had made no such statement to yourself, but you knew that in time you would be killing yourself, the need to tell him rising inside you until you spoke or burst. Why was love one of the hardest emotions? It can be felt in so many ways, given and received in as many too, and there could be different types of love and on and on it went until you felt like it should've been banned by those 'higher ups' whose job it was to control these things. You threw off those despairing thoughts and just watched Rin play, a smile bright on her face, which lit your heart up. You were so glad that she had such an open and caring heart, no past resentment lingered in her from her previous time at her village. Children could be so cruel, and what was worse is that they often did it without realizing that they were actually doing real harm, but looking at her now and nobody would have ever guessed, she was an incredible little girl, and she was all yours.