You Take the Breath Right out of Me

Anything For You Guys.

It’s been about a week, and Mike invited Angel and Bella to go to another bon fire. “Do La Push kids only have bon fires?” Angel asked, making him laugh.

“Who cares? Bon fires are awesome,” he said, and then began talking to Jessica and Lauren.

“You wanna go?” Angel asked Bella, taking a bite of a fry before making a face and dropping it. “God, the food here sucks.” She pushed her tray away and then faced Bella again with a smile.

“Sure,” Bella said.

“Want me to pick you up?”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“Aw, come on, don’t you two want to ride in my mom’s Mini Van?” Mike asked jokingly. Angel grinned over at him.

“No one wants to ride in your mom’s Mini Van, Mike,” she laughed. Her phone vibrated in her pocket, so she quickly pulled it out, glancing at the text. It was from Paul.

You coming to the bon fire this weekend?

She quickly replied. Yupp. Oh, tell Emily that she’s gonna have an extra pair of hands helping her with dinner tonight. (:

Angel turned towards the group, and saw Bella looking around. “You’re not going to find them,” Jessica said, sun bathing.

“Who?” Bella asked.

“The Cullens.” Angel perked up slightly at that. She looked around, and then did notice that she hadn’t seen any of the Cullens today.

“Where are they?” Angel asked.

“Camping. Every time it’s sunny, their parents take them out of the school and they go hiking. It’s really weird.” Angel agreed silently. Her phone vibrated again, and she looked at it.

You’re coming over tonight?

Angel sighed and rolled her eyes. Nah, I’m just gonna send some random person over.

Don’t be a bitch.

Then don’t be a dumbass.

Whatever, see you tonight. (:

Angel put her phone back into her cardigan pocket, and looked at the time. They had three minutes to get to class. “Come on, guys. We better get to class.” Everyone stood up, and went to their next class.

Image


Later that day, Angel was driving her Camaro to Sam and Emily’s house in La Push. She was drumming her fingers to the beat of the drums pulsing through her car on the steering wheel, and singing along to A Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold.

Must have stabbed her fifty fucking times, I can’t believe it. Ripped her heart right before her eyes; eyes over easy, eat it, eat it,” she sang as she pulled into the driveway. She saw everyone on the front porch, talking. She turned the ignition off, and got out of the car.

“What the hell were you listening to?” Jared asked.

“Avenged Sevenfold,” Angel said.

“Who?” He asked. She stopped and stared at him, her blue eyes wide.

“You sinner,” she hissed.

“What the hell?” He asked, confused, looking over at Paul. Paul just shrugged. His imprint was a weird one. Angel walked towards them, and then she stopped, her eyes widening.

She just figured it out.

“Angel?” Emily asked, looking over at friend. Angel didn’t move.

“Angel?” Paul tried, moving towards her. He placed his large hand on her small shoulder.

“Oh my God!” She shouted loudly. Paul jumped in surprise.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. Her wide eyes shifted over to him.

“I just figured out what the Cullens are! God, I feel so fucking stupid! The answer was practically punching me in the face,” she rambled on. She paused and then looked at everyone. “Why is everyone staring at me?” She asked.

“You know what the Cullens are?” Sam asked lowly.

“Well, yeah. I’m not an idiot. They weren’t at school today, and oh look, it’s sunny. They’re ice cold, they’re pale, when you run into them it’s like hitting a brick wall, they don’t eat, the list goes on and on. Bottom line is, their vampires,” she said.

“It pisses me off that it took me phasing to figure that out,” Jared said, breaking the silence. Angel looked at him.

“Seriously? You guys have been hearing the legends for how many years?” She laughed. “Now, is anyone else hungry? The cafeteria food sucked as usual, so I haven’t anything all day.” Emily smiled at her.

“Come on,” she said, leading the pale raven haired girl into the house. Angel slipped off her cardigan and put it on the back of a chair. She pulled her back in a low ponytail to keep out of her face, and tucked her ring into her back pocket. “I like your outfit, Angel,” Emily commented. Angel smiled.

“Thanks, Em.”

The two started cooking dinner, and had enough food made to feed an army. “You might want to get your food before I call the guys,” Emily said quietly.

“You want me to make you a plate, too?” She asked. Emily nodded with a smile gracing her scarred, but still beautiful, face. Angel grabbed two plates and loaded some Manicotti on them. She placed them down on the island where she and Emily would be eating and called out, “all good!” to Emily.

“Dinner!” Emily yelled a minute later. Angel’s eyes widened when not even a second later it sounded like a herd of elephants where heading her way instead of three guys.

They barreled into the kitchen, each grabbing an entire tray full of Manicotti for themselves, and started gorging. Angel scrunched her nose in disgust like that last time. They were like a pack of Hyenas going after a carcass. “God that’s gross,” she commented quietly. Emily nodded with a frown.

“At least I’m not alone anymore and might have an intelligent conversation this time,” she commented loud enough for the guys to here. Angel burst out laughing at the guys squawking of denial.

“Baby!” Sam admonished, shocked that his usually soft spoken fiancée would joke like that.

“I’ll make sure to come over a lot more,” Angel promised with a straight face before she and Emily started laughing again.

“Are you two done joking at our expenses?” Paul asked, swallowing his mouthful of food.

“Oh, before I forget again,” Jared suddenly said, grabbing everyone’s attention with how serious he was. “I think I might have imprinted.” Everyone’s jaw dropped.

“How can you possibly forget that?” Angel asked, and then raised an eyebrow. “And what do you mean, ‘you think’?”

“Well, I happened to be in Forks earlier with my mom running some errands, and I saw this girl. God, she’s gorgeous. Long, light blond hair, bright blue eyes, two piercings above her lips,” he said dreamily. Angel thought about what she looked like for a couple seconds before she knew who he was talking about.

“Oh, you mean Wynter St. James,” she said. “You want me to see if she wants to come to the bon fire this weekend?” Jared nodded quickly.

“Would you?” Angel smiled sweetly.

“Of course Jared. Anything for you guys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. Hope everyone likes. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.