Status: Updating when I can which should be often... but it's my baby!!!!!!

Finding Calix

Oh baby.

I sighed as I leaned back against the bed. “Do you want to see him?” the nurse asked and I nodded too tired to do anything else. She handed me the beautiful little boy I'd just given birth to. The moment he was in my arms he snuggled his face into my neck, I smiled. “Hi baby, you’re the most gorgeous baby I’ve ever seen." I told him "Okay, we need to take him and make sure everything is okay." the nurse, Susan said and I handed her my beautiful baby, and watched as she took him out of the room. The other nurse, Mary looked at me with a smile; she came over and stood next to me. "You did really well. So what are you going to name him?" she asked me the question I was dreading. I groaned, I already knew what his first and middle name were going to be...but the last name what was I going to do about that. Do I go with my last name or the fathers who doesn't even know he has a son. "Mason Jordan Sykes." I answered letting out a huge breath. “That’s a good name." she grinned at me. "Well for now we'll just let you rest, you can fill out the paperwork about the name and all later." she said leaving me to rest.

4 years later.
"Hey, little buddy, its time to get up." I said shaking his shoulder. His eyes fluttered open, he smiled pulling his blanket closer and letting his eyes droop closed. “Five more minutes mommy." Mason mumbled and I sighed I wanted to let him have five more minutes but if I did I would be late and if I was late one more time I would be fired. "Nope, if you don't get up the tickle monster is gonna come get you." he frowned. “No!" I smiled and slowly moved my hands toward his tummy. "Here it comes!" I yelled as I started tickling him and he started giggling, that childish giggle that I love so much. "No, Mommy stop please!" he giggled "If I do will you get your silly little laughing self up?" I asked and he nodded because he was laughing so hard he couldn't talk. I stopped tickling him and he frowned at me and glared. "Not cool Mom." I smirked at him "Was it? Was it not cool huh?" i said and started kissing him all over and he squirmed. I stopped and grinned at him then rubbed his back. "Come on buddy. We gotta get you to Aunt Scouts." i said and he sat up and crawled out of bed. He ran over to his dresser and pulled open one of the bottom drawer to grab some clothes. “Need any help, little man?" i asked and he looked at me as if to say 'really'. I chuckled; stood up, and walked out to the family room to grab his shoes from where he left them the night before. I took them back to the bedroom to see him putting on his shirt. I walked over and he sat down already knowing the drill. I put on his socks then his black converse, tied them for him and he stood up. He grabbed his back pack with his coloring book, and game boy and stuff like that in it and handed it to me to carry. I put it on my shoulder, stood up and picked him up and gave a fake groan. "UH! Your so heavy." i said as we left the room. "Nuh Uh." he replied offended, and I laughed. "Yeah okay." I said as we walked out of his room. I held him with one hand and my hip and grabbed my messenger bag with the other. We walked out of the apartment, down the stairs, and to my car. When we got there I buckled him into his car seat, throwing our bags back there as well, then got in myself started the car and put in Avenged Sevenfold’s Nightmare and we were off.

We were about half way to Scouts house when I sighed and turned down the music. "What’s wrong little dude? This is your favorite Avenged album and normally you would be singing along like its nobody's business." I said looking at him in the rearview mirror seeing him sigh heavily. “I just miss when you didn't work all the time." he said and I frowned "I know Mace, I miss it too. So how's about this every Wednesday I'll leave work early and we'll hang out? Maybe tonight I'll even take you to Pizza King, huh?" I suggested "Yeah Mommy, you promise!" he said excitedly and I nodded. “So I'll pick you up at 4:45 today instead of 6:00 okay?" "Okay now turn the music up you silly women." he said, I did and we started singing along to buried alive. I smiled and we drove the rest of the way to Scouts.

When we got there I got him out of the car, grabbed his bag and walked up to the front door. I let him ring the doorbell then set him on his feet. The door opened to reveal Alex, Scouts boyfriend of 4 years. "Hey little dude!" he exclaimed and Masons eyes lit up. "Alex!" he yelled and ran up and attached himself to Alex's legs. Alex picked him up and smile at me. "Were gonna have some fun today little buddy, but before we do, say goodbye to your mom." Mason turned to me and smiled "Bye Mommy!" he said and I frowned "What no kiss for your Mom?" I said and he grinned sheepishly "Sorry Mommy." he said and Alex handed him to me, he gave me a kiss and I smiled. "Alright now I want you to be really, really good for Aunt Scout and Uncle Alex okay?" I said "Okay Mom." he said and squirmed in my arms. I handed him back to Alex, then gave him the bag. He took it waved and shut the door. I turned around and started walking back to my car. I was halfway there when I heard my name called. I turned around to see Mason standing in the open doorway. "4:45." he said and I nodded "4:45 sharp I promise." I said and quickly ran back up and gave him a huge hug. “I miss you already." I told him then let him go, he ran back inside and I closed the door. I walked to my car and started my twenty minute drive to work.

When I got to work it was 7:36, I was six minutes late. I ran inside and sat behind the counter next to Emily. We were both interns at TNT Images. So basically we answered phones, and diverted calls. It was a boring job, but it pays well enough. I turned to Em slightly out of breath. “Is she here yet?" I asked referring to my boss and she just shook her head laughing as I sighed in relief." How do you always get here so early?" I asked “Well I don't have as much on my plate as you do. I mean you have a four year old son." she said and I nodded and quietly busied myself with logging onto my computer as our boss Janie walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay first chapter. I'm Uber excited for this story.Comment and subscribe please.