Status: Active

Dark Secrets

Dangerous Encounters

The next morning was a wreck, a terrible one at that. Mom came busting in, screaming and yelling about her car keys. "Ava, where the hell did you put my keys?"

I sat up and rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes," I don't know, Mom. You had them last." Amanda sighed in her sleep and turned over, not paying attention to our squabble.

Mom glared at me," You better not be getting smart with me." She grabbed me up by my arm and tugged me out of bed, into the hard white carpet floor.

I yanked my arm away," I'm not. I don't know where your keys are." I glowered at her, having had enough with her abuse.

Suddenly she broke down into tears," I can't believe it, I can't believe it." She reached out to me and embraced me tightly. "My baby, my sweet baby."

I looked at her, confused and wondering if she's back on the drugs. "Mom, what is wrong with you?"

She blinked at me before going back to grabbing my shoulders harshly. " You, young lady need to be taught a lesson."

I was beyond confused by the time Amanda woke up. She yawned," Ava?" She peeked over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes at the site she was experiencing.

I shook my head toward her, pleading desperately with my eyes for her not to say anything. Mom stood up quickly before plastering a sweet but fake smile on her face. "Oh, I didn't know Ava had friends over. I wished she would have told me."

Amanda just stared at her before replying," She phoned you last night, at work."

Mom laughed it off," Oh, well I must have forgotten. I'll be downstairs, I think I remember where Ava put the keys." She then hurried down, not glancing back to say some snark comment.

I turned and shared a suspicious look with Amanda. " I wonder what that's about?"

She shrugged indifferently," I have no clue. Wanna go get some breakfast?"

I tugged my boots on, ready to go brave the weather in my sleeping shorts and tank top. "Absolutely."

She rolled off the bed and staggered toward her shoes, slipping them on once she managed to keep her precious balance. "Oh, goodness. I feel like something's hit me like a ton of bricks."

Then I remembered the night before, when Amanda said something to the evil spirit. She banished it from ever coming up here again, something I'd never seen her do. I haven't even heard her talk about spirits before so where would she get this great power to suddenly tell them to bluntly put it; fuck off.

Amanda interrupted my chaotic thoughts as she rushed down the steps. " Come on, Ava! The food's gonna be gone by the time we get there if you don't hurry."

I raced after her and tried to erase the uneasiness that plagued my mind. "I'm coming, just hold your horses!"

She yelled back to me in retort, not being put off by my rudeness. " I don't have any horses, how am I suppose to hold them?"

I rolled my eyes as we slammed the doors shut to my little old car. "You are such a smartass, you know that right?"

She ignored me as she enjoyed the scenery around my house. Even I had to admit it was beautiful, because it would be a shame to lie about such a gorgeous place. I started the car and soon we were riding down my bumpy drive way, already our stomachs were rumpling in response to the thought of food.

***


Amanda and I were goofing around in the living room when we heard the faint steps of someone walking around. Immediately I jumped up and went searching for the source, despite how terrified I was.

Amanda asked quietly," Is your mom suppose to be home yet?"

I shook my head," No."

She gulped as we peeked our heads around the kitchen doorway. The mysterious footsteps were that of the angry father. He was pacing across the floor, thinking aloud on how a measly little girl could keep him from going upstairs. " Oh can a girl who has never shown any supernatural abilities before suddenly show them? What was the trigger and how can I counteract it?"

He glared at his servants, the ones he had killed from the feeling I was getting off them. "Servants, I order you to find this girl and bring her to me."

I covered my mouth, scared I might say or make some sound. It would do no good to be discovered. Amanda squeaked a bit, as if she had heard the conversation about her. Every head turned toward the entrance. The father roared," Who is there? Come out now."

I glanced at Amanda who was also looking about me. "Do you hear what I hear?"

She nodded," You mean the evil guy who wants us to obey his orders? Yes."

My eyes widened in surprise," So you really did banish him?"

She shook her head," No, it was another spirit. I have this gift to where other spirits, only the ones that I agree, can come into my body to speak."

The angry spirit was suddenly in our faces," Oh, well. What do we have here?"

I stepped in front of Amanda," None of your business. Why don't you go fuck yourself?"

He reached out with one of his huge hands and tried to slap me. "Stupid child, you will respect me."

The hand soared through me, leaving a chill on my skin but otherwise didn't do anything. " No I don't. This is my house, you will go away."

He laughed," Oh and how do you presume you will make me leave?"

I snarled at him," I'll find away you stupid bastard. You just wait."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever! I'm so sorry, I've been trying to update but I just had been experiencing some writer's block. I'm back now and ready to go (:

Subscribe & Comment

--Bandy's Angel