Status: Currently trying to continue with this. (Sorry for slow updates!)

Last Chance

Chapter 1: What just happened?

Marina sat, impatiently. “Urgh! How long is this going to take?! I didn’t even want to come!”She rambled on in her head. Orion smacked her shoulder.
“Hey~ Stop thinking so negatively! You came to a ‘disco’ and at a ‘disco’ you’re meant to have fun! So lighten up a little! If you didn’t hear, the results are going to be delayed because there was apparent cheating on the other team!” Marina jerked a little, surprised by how he understood what she was thinking.
“Uhm… I can’t believe that…but how do you know that and I don’t? You’re not even a part of the team!” Marina questioned seriously. Orion sighed.
“Have you not been paying attention to that gigantic sign up there?”
Marina glanced and face-palmed her forehead. “Could have told me before…” She thought to herself.
As the time passed, eventually, the announcement came. “Hello! Could everyone quieten down a little? I am here today to announce the news about the latest basketball match…”
Marina now stood, anticipating the results.
“The results have come in and it has been a default win for Sebastian’s school! Congratulations! If you belong to the team, please see me for more information!” proclaimed Marcus, the team manager, who is also an older student at the school.
Marina waved goodbye to Orion and raced over to him, meeting him as soon as he stepped off the stage. “Wow! Hey Marina! We should go talk over there! You know the school has no clue you’re playing for us!”
Marina nodded and followed him over to a separate, isolated room. “Okay…I’ll go find the others in our team okay?” Marina agreed to him as he left.
Tapping her hands against a storage room table, she hummed an unfamiliar tune. “How long is he going to be?!” She grumbled in her mind. Relaxing a little, she jumped up and sat beside the cold and old wall.
After what seemed like forever, the team eventually arrived in the room. Marcus entered last. “Sorry it was so long Marina, there was a little trouble tracking down these guys…” He apologised.
Marina smiled cutely, tilting her head at a small angle. “It’s all right Marcus! At least you tried!” She thanked, kicking her legs back and forth, Marcus blushing a little.
“Uh yeah, where were we? Ah! Congrats guys! I know the last match was a bit of a wonder. The game ending early an’ all, but because of what we discovered today, thanks to a certain someone~” Hinting to Marina, “We all found out the truth!” They all cheered. “Okay, guys I know there is one missin’ today, but we can all tell him tomorrow. Thanks for the time you guys have given up for this, see you next practice!” Marcus dismissed the group and they shuffled out of the cramped store room.
Marina stayed for a short while. Marcus peered back in. “You coming Marina? What’s wrong?”
She looked up with a distant gaze. Shaking her head, she returned to reality. “Ah~! Oh sorry! Nothing, I was just thinking about stuff…Well, I’ll better be headed off home now! Thanks for everything Marcus!” Marina slipped off of the table and started towards the entrance.
“There’s something wrong about all this…” She thought to herself. “I know I was the one who discovered all this…but something just doesn’t fit together…I’ll talk to Orion tomorrow or something…”

Marina hurried through the hallways that morning. She was late, again. “I’m sorry sir! I had no intention of being late to…” The sight Marina saw, confused her. “Huh?! Orion?! Why are only you here?” She gasped, moving closer. He didn’t react to her. “Orion! I know you have your own world, but snap out of it already!” He didn’t say anything, nor look at her. “ORION!” She shouted down his ear.
Nothing.
Marina stumbled back, a little afraid. “Something’s definitely wrong!” She panicked. Turning round, she noticed everything else was also…Still.
Something was ticking in Marina’s head. It was piecing things together. “I’ve got it!” She huffed, dropping her bag and pulling out her skateboard. Rolling out of the school, she headed to another one.
***
Wealthonly middle-high. It was a combination of both middle school and high, just like Sebastian’s school.
Stopping outside. She was afraid she had to use this…but there was nothing else she could do. She didn’t know what was going on. The black haired, faired skinned girl pulled a card out of her plain wallet. Showing the guard, instantly he rushed over to the gate lever, and smashed it down. Marina hid it in her wallet, never to be seen of again. Silently, her light-weighted footsteps glided across the ground. She glanced around, feeling completely nervous and foreign. The grand building loomed over her, as if it was about to devour her completely. A gut-wrenching feeling struck her stomach. After a few moments of rehabilitation, she pressed on, desperate to get out of the school grounds quickly. Her piercing green eyes stared straight at a large and tall man. He had a pompous atmosphere about him. “Oh my goodness me! Welcome madam~! What a pleasure to meet you! May I say this is an honour? I apologise, I had completely no idea that Sir Phillip Alnair had a daughter my dear!” He greeted, rushing over and kissing Marina’s hand. Feeling disgusted, she coped with the sloppy action. All in the name of curiosity… Marina reminded herself, repeatedly. The grey-haired man guided her into the school. Many students passed her, staring at her with wide eyes. She ignored them, hoping they would stop.
Her nose twitched at the heavenly smell of…Lobster? What time was it? It couldn’t have been 12 already right? Marina shifted towards it. “Go on, you must be hungry! Dig in!” The man ushered with a welcoming, yet solitary smile. “Thank you. I surely will.”
Marina had noticed something. Time seemed to be going along like a normal day of school. She was surprised, and wondered if she had just been seeing things. Her jet-black hair shook to herself. No. Can’t be. Maybe… After the luxurious taste hit her tongue, she couldn’t help but lick her lips in satisfaction. “Enjoying it? I’ll leave you to eat. If you need anything, please ask…” The man asked. Marina gathered enough information to guess he was the headmaster. Marina winked him a ‘Thank you’.
When she had finished, she began to wonder how important that card had been. She swiped it out and looked at it, examining it carefully. What was the significance of being ‘Alnair’s only daughter’? Not enough time to think. He came back in, two men behind him. Fingers shaking a little, she shuffled to the other side of her chair. “Hello again, I’m sorry for not asking you earlier. But madam, what is your enquiry? You came with an utmost important question on your face…Please, explain…” he asked curiously, sitting down across her, the two men sitting either side of him.
Marina stuttered slightly with nervousness. “I-I…well. I know this’ll sound a little odd, but… in my current school, Sebastian’s school. Everything seems to be…” She laughed a little. “Everything seems to be still…like time stopped there…And some reason, my body just kind of dragged me here?”
He chuckled, the men making no expression. “Oh. That’s not silly at all! You’re a very smart girl. We were the ones who stopped time there. I just need you to do me one favour…” Marina was scared her expression revealed a lot. “W-What exactly?”
“Simple. You were brought here because you have to attend this school. You don’t belong in a public school. You’re meant to be here. That’s what Alnair sent us to do…Sorry. Your school won’t be able to return to how you wish, without transferring here. Please. Take as long as you like. As soon as you decide to stay, come straight to the headmaster’s office. I’ll help you then…”He explained. Him and his men, left.
Marina sat, taking a while to understand what he meant. Processing the information. “He what?!” She yelled, shooting up.
“Yeah. What else?” A man’s voice called. It wasn’t manly, nor yet Childish. It was just right to Marina. She twisted round with a jolt. “Who are you?!” She blurted, looking the boy up and down. He was wearing a blue blazer and trousers. One pair of black loafers and medium-length black hair.
“How rude for a wealthy man’s daughter...” He crossed his lanky arms and leant his sleek back against the door frame.
“I’m sorry. I forgot I’m in a wealthy man’s territory.” She snarled, wincing at him.
“Wealthy man? Well. You don’t act very ‘wealthy’ do you?”
“I’m not. Nor do I wish to be. Nor am I in a school where I belong.”
“Hmph. Act like that and you won’t get anywhere…”
“Whatever. Who are you may I please ask?”
“Homer Simpson,”
“Haha, tell me the truth. What business do you have?”
“Fine. I’m Cesario Moretti,”
“Well, nice to meet you Cesario Moretti. I’m-”
“Marina Yonwin. Only Daughter of Alnair Yonwin, president of leading company in the whole of Europe.”
Marina flinched, she knew a little about that company, but she avoided it completely.
“Surprised? Every company in Europe have to learn about it. It’s obligatory.”
Marina sighed. “Y-you’re good…well. Why are you here?”
“Meeting the most amazing man in Europe’s only daughter…” He snickered, slipping closer to her.
“Well, you’ve met me…but help me answer one question please!” She pleaded.
“Only in trade of something I want.”
“Nothing related to my father.”
“…Deal.”
“This is a boy’s only school right? How will I be accepted?”
“It’s turned co-ed. It’s just nobody knows…Okay. My turn to request something…”
“Thanks…What do you want?”
“A kiss…”
“You what?!”
“That’s what I said…A kiss… Wouldn’t it be news. Wealthonly’s director’s son kisses only daughter of Alnair Yonwin! What a great headline…”He smirked grimly.
“No No No No!” She yelled, backing up, being followed by Cesario.
“I’m sorry…but you agreed. You owe me whatever I asked, and it didn’t have anything to do with your father…” Marina didn’t say anything. She was afraid, but she loosened up and accepted it, without saying a word. He understood, stepping closer. Marina squeezed her eyes close. Their lips met each other. Marina’s lips were soft while Cesario’s was succulent and clean. She didn’t think a man could have such elegant lips. He grabbed her black blazer slightly, pulling her closer. Then he pulled apart. Marina’s face was flushed and she stumbled slightly, then started off towards the nearest bathroom. What did I just do?!
Marina could almost see the grim expression on his face. I’m so not going to like it here. *SLAM* The stall door shut. Sliding down, she ruffled her short black hair and blew her messy fringe. That boy’ll be lucky if he ever sees daylight again! Marina used a few minutes to reconcile.
Her piercing green eyes flashed open. She heard voices. And they weren’t female. Which toilet did I run into?! They were joking about something which Marina had no clue of. Climbing quietly up the toilet, she peered over the top. Yep. They’re boys alright. They made another joke which assured Marina that they weren’t good people. Her eyes beamed with worry. How do I get out without being seen?!
She slumped against the door, only a few inches thick. There was a rattle at her door, then silence. They’d left. Marina sighed in relief as she peered over the top. Kicking the door open with her slender legs, she rushed out of the stall. Just to be stared at by a group of boys.
“A girl?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. I'm sorry. It's bad. And. I haven't. Even. Finished. A story. Yet.