Massacre

Introduction.

I stared at the four frightened faces looking at me with wide eyes.

‘We’ll get out.’ I promised, mentally slapping myself for doing so. That was a promise I’d never be able to keep, ever. We’d just seen our friends, our families, the people we didn’t really get along with in a normal situation but managed to now, be slaughtered by those things. One limped towards us, just about breaking into a run. I pulled out my pistol and pulled the trigger; headshot. This life was all there was now, and we had to deal with it.

‘How can you be sure?’

‘A little bit of optimism at a crappy time doesn’t hurt,’ I sighed, shoving my gun in my back pocket. I bent and picked an axe up off the floor; close-combat was what I preferred. ‘Let’s move.’ I continued down the corridor of the old building, checking in rooms with open doors for any creatures that may be lurking. My torch flickered before turning off completely. ‘Damn it.’ I whispered, shaking the object, hoping that maybe, just maybe, it might turn back on. It didn’t.

‘I’ve got one.’ Laila passed me her flashlight. I flicked it on and continued moving slowly through the building, pistol in hand, axe attached to the bag sitting awkwardly on my back. We reached the end of the long corridor, and stood silently at the top of the stairs. Groans were coming from a few floors below.

‘You guys ready for a fight?’ I smiled. They stood there quietly, looking down. ‘You don’t get an option. Come on, we need to go!’ I ran down the first flight of stairs, cautiously turning the corner and edging slowly down the next few steps. As I turned, I came face-to-face with a Walker.

Go!’ I yelled at the others, who turned and ran back the way we’d come, only to be met by three more Walkers. The one I faced couldn’t have been too old; only part of it’s arm was slightly rotted away. If it wasn’t for the odd yellow skin colour and short sleeves, she could pass for human. She gripped my arm tightly as I turned to run, when Josh put a bullet through her head. I turned and shot at the others, somehow missing each time. One launched at Laila, pinning her to the floor. Another jumped at me, sending my gun flying down the stairs and my axe rolling off my rucksack. Conveniently, Josh was out of ammo. The other two were huddled in a corner, unmoving. So there we were, life-or-death situation, no guns, no ammo. Nothing. And a Walker staring straight into my eyes. It ran at me, pulling at my wrists and trying to bite me. I tried to fling it off, it’s hair flicking into my face. Josh grabbed it’s waist, shoving it at Dean and Kyle, still stood in the corner. Without hesitation, the Walker opened its mouth, and bit.

Then we became four.

The following events take place six months before the events in this chapter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've always been slightly obsessed with the undead, so here we go, a story. The "comment" and "subscribe" buttons exist for a reason! ;')

Sian. :']