The Man Who Can't Be Moved

The Man Who Can't Be Moved

(((Isabella)))

Of course on my one-day off Laura was late, two hours to be exact. I checked my watch once more, sighing in frustration. She was supposed to meet me here, on the corner in Starbucks. But now, I highly doubted she remembered. Thinking too much into it I began getting worried. What if a car hit her? She did live in New York City so it was possible. What if she forgotten about a paper she had to write, and became so absorbed her NYU grades that she had forgotten? Also very possible knowing her and her passion for writing a perfect paper.

"Where is she?" I asked myself, checking my watch again. We were supposed to have coffee, then go shopping, and eat an early dinner; leaving me with enough time to head back to Columbia to finish my term paper. But as it began drizzling lightly, I gave up. So I walked to the edge of the sidewalk and waited for the light to turn green so I could cross.

That’s when I saw him: the incredible and mysterious him, across the street, waiting for the red light to turn green. His brown eyes dazzled, even in the overcast weather. His brown hair looked messy, like he had just run his fingers though it. The black skinny jeans and the blue shirt matched incredibly well for a guy, considering he looked like he was in a rush.

But then I realized it wasn’t just him, and it wasn’t just any ordinary guy. It was Paul, Paul DiGiovanni: lead guitarist in BoyslikeGirls.

For a moment I caught my breath, forgetting to release the air because I was too absorbed in watching him.

And with a minute left before we could cross, I looked at Paul and stared into his eyes. At that moment the most wonderful thing happed; our eyes locked. And in that short minute of staring, I could tell we had something. Whether it was romantic or just friendly was still undecided, but we did have something.

Then to ruin it all the light turned green, and reluctantly we crossed the street.

(((Paul)))

"Martin, I'm telling you! She was here!" I frantically looked around again. I dragged Martin here, to the same corner where I had seen her.

"This is the third year dude, and the same exact time and date...you really should just accept that John is probably right. She had to be a tourist."

"But, she didn’t look like tourist! She looked...beautiful."

"There are so many people in this world Paul, just move on."

"She was the one, I'm sure of it!"

"Come on, the guys are waiting," he finally said after a long silence.

(((Isabella)))

"So now what city girl?"

Laura stood there thinking for a moment, gripping her Mocha Ice Coffee. She smiled carefully, looking distant for a while.

"Hello? Coming back down anytime soon Laura?"

She grabbed my arms and spun me around, smiling brightly now.

"What-"And in that split second I saw him again.

And he saw me…again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliche, I know