Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Thirteen

"Bren... I'm scared." My voice came out in a foreign voice, barely audible to my own ears.

His arms tightened around me in a desperate attempt to make me feel safe.
I can actually say that it did.

I felt safe with him there.

"I'm going to protect you, Ver. I won't let anyone hurt you, especially Pete." He growled as his name escaped his lips, making my stomach clench in a sign of anxiety.

"Where are we exactly? Is this some type of cell? I mean... Am I... Pete's uhh..." I trailed off, not wanting to think about the things I would possibly have to do.

"You're not Pete's slave, surprisingly. He was very enraged when the power of his kiss didn't work.

You see, Pete's power is so great that he can mark someone without actually biting them.

When a vampire marks a human, it basically means that they're bound together for life, and sometimes... when Pete is involved, the human is almost always brain washed into becoming a slave. It's very unpleasant as you could probably imagine.

Well, something happened when you kissed Pete.
It wasn't normal.
Whatever power that you have inside of that little body of yours," His index finger tapped my chest, the area over my heart a few times as he said this. "
That power is the strongest I've ever known of. Your power is greater than Pete Wentz, the leader of one of the largest vampire clans in the entire world. You're special, Ver.
You're not just what you think you are."

The information of his explanation slowly seeped into my mind, allowing a small smile to plant itself on my face.

"You still haven't answered my question though... Where am I? And... why am I here?" I gestured to the eerily white and depressing room we were seated in at the moment.

"Oh, there's nothing to worry about here. I probably should have painted or something at least, but... well..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously as his eyes bounced around the room. "This is going to be your new room."

"What do you mean by my new room? Are we still in Pete's vampire house?" I asked urgently, feeling a sliver of hope shine through.

"Well, we can go back... but I seriously doubt you would want to go, and I certainly don't feel like getting my throat ripped apart by a ravenous Pete Wentz." Brendon smirked slightly as he joked. "We're in a... safe house, I guess you could call it. Ryan and I found it decades ago. We kept track of it incase we needed it for some crazy reason, such as this one." He smiled lightly at me.

"Ryan's here?" I jumped slightly, feeling myself drift out of my emotional mood and into a happier and energetic one.

"Yeah, Ryan is downstairs. I think he's making food of some sort for you to eat." He inhaled through his nose and closed his eyes for a second or two, before his eyes snapped open again.

"Mmm... Spaghetti."

I practically fell off the bed as I scrambled away from Brendon and to the door, trying to get my way to the kitchen as fast as I could.

As I bounded down the stairs, I could hear Brendon's swift footsteps behind me and the words that he muttered under his breath.

"Man, I wish food gave me that much energy before I ate it."

I giggled at his words before my eyes settled on a familiar, light-brown haired, lanky, and boyishly gorgeous man.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATED FINALLY!
GOSH!! I feel really bad because I didn't update this weekend...
Sorry!!!
What did you guys think?
Where is the safehouse?
Is it actually safe? Or does Pete know about it?
Will Pete ever find them again?
Can Ver actually trust Brendon and Ryan?
LET ME KNOW WITH A COMMENT!
THANK YOU FOR READING!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! YOU ROCK! :D