Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Eighteen

The urgency and utter fear in Ryan's voice seemed to petrify me, as Brendon quickly grabbed a full suitcase from somewhere in the room while I leaned against the wall in a daze. After a minute or two of vampires rushing back and forth in front of me, I felt two hands grip my wrists on either side before I realized what was happening.

A familiar tingling sensation erupted throughout my body for a few seconds before I felt a flash of heat travel through me, and then I looked around at my new surroundings.

Just by a quick glance around, I realized that we were in what looked to be a relatively old-fashioned house. In front of me, I saw a staircase on the right wall, and a somewhat narrow hallway to the left of the staircase. The floors looked to be hardwood with a large and faded red rug below Brendon's, Ryan's, and my own feet. The walls were covered in ripping wallpaper that showed different elements of nature such as flowers, leaves, and branches. I peeked over to my left to see an archway that opened up to an inviting living room with a lit fireplace.

"Bren! Ry! I knew that you guys would be coming here soon!" I heard a voice coming from the hall in front of us, but before I could see the owner of the voice, Brendon began nudging me towards the stairs.

"Come on, Ver. Let's get you settled in." I didn't even get a chance to respond as Brendon practically dragged me up the stairs and into a rather plain-looking guestroom. The walls were a rather depressing shade of beige, and the bedding was cream-colored and embroidered.

This looks like something my grandma would like...

There was two other doors in the room, obviously the closet and a bathroom, as well as one window complete with a lovely window seat. There was two nightstands beside the bed on either side with a lamp on each and an old bell alarm clock on the left. Across from the bed was a beautiful antique vanity that looked as if it hadn't been used for hundreds of years, considering the fact that there was piles of metal containers for powder make-up and old glass perfume bottles that held a heavy coating of dust littered across it.

That's weird...

I slowly made my way over to the bed, sitting down on the edge as Brendon swung open one of the doors, revealing a walk-in closet. He walked in and opened the suitcase, taking out various pieces of clothing, including men's and women's clothing. After a few moments, the closet now had all of our clothes hanging up inside.

"Bren? Why did you put all of our clothes in the same closet? Shouldn't you and Ry put your clothes in your own room?" I asked, wondering why he had done that.

He looked at me strangely for a moment, before walking over to kneel in front of me.

"Ver, I'm not sure you understand the severity of the situation we're in right now.

We have to make sure that you always have someone with you, because we can't risk you being taken away." His voice was very serious and my stomach started to get queasy.

"What do you mean? Why would anyone want to take me away? Who's Patrick? Why does he want me?" I rapidly spat out questions at Brendon, who grabbed both of my hands in his in a form of comfort.

"Patrick is a vampire hunter. He's been hunting us for years now, but we've always lived with Pete, so we never had to worry.

But now... Patrick knows we left. At first, he just thought that Ryan and I had gotten tired of Pete, but he somehow got a hold of the information that you were with us.

Right now, we're not sure exactly why he wants you, but we believe that he thinks you're here against your will. We believe he thinks you need to be saved." Brendon looked into my eyes with a look of sympathy and sadness, probably imagining the thought of me leaving them forever.

"Will he find us here? Is this place even safe?" I glanced around the room, thinking about the possibility of Patrick breaking in.

"Patrick has no idea that we came here.

It's really hard to track teleportation and we didn't leave any type of clues as to where we would be staying now.

We've know William for a very long time and we know that we can trust him with anything. He's always told us that Pete was a bad guy, and that we shouldn't have stayed with him, but we never listened.
But William's happy to take us in even though we didn't heed his warnings." Brendon shrugged and smiled slightly.

"Okay... I feel a lot safer knowing that. Thanks for telling me everything, Bren." I smiled gratefully at him before giving him a small hug and walking over to the door.

"Just wait!" Brendon rushed over to me and leaned down, speaking in a hushed tone.

"William comes on really strong, so try not to fall for his tricks. William has been known to use his hypnotism very often, especially when it comes to beautiful women.

Just try not to look him in the eye." Brendon winked at me.

I laughed at him.

"If I remember correctly, there's another vampire that I know that enjoys using hypnotism. He's kind of arrogant." I winked at Brendon, hinting at my previous experience with him hypnotising me and almost biting me.

"But isn't that vampire arrogant and extremely handsome?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, making me laugh.

"Yeah, he's extremely handsome and he's very funny." I giggled as he swiftly picked me up, bridal style, and began carrying me down the stairs.

"Oh yes, but the girl he hypnotised was absolutely gorgeous." He smiled at me while we reached the bottom of the stairs, and he leaned down, sneaking a quick peck on my lips.

I found myself giggling as Brendon waltzed into the living room where Ryan was seated on an old fashioned leather chair, and whom I suspected to be William was lounging on a beautifully upholstered sofa.

As Brendon stood there, still holding me, I got a chance to examine William.

Even though he was sitting, it wasn't hard to notice that he was rather tall and lanky. His face was slightly feminine, but no doubt handsome. His hair was a medium brown, coming down to rest at the top of his shoulders. His eyes were a light brown, but held a tone of red that put them on the verge of scary instead of pretty. The one thing that I was slighty perplexed about was his clothing. He was wearing a suit that looked as if it were from the 20s, and I could clearly see a pair of white gloves hanging out of his vest pocket. His feet were decked out in patent leather oxfords, and resting next to him on the arm of the sofa was a gray bowler hat and a matching blazer.

Okay... I think that's taking vintage just a bit too far.

Brendon glided over to the sofa, sitting down with me in his lap. Sitting sideways, I stretched my legs out towards the empty space between William and Brendon.

As I leaned over to massage my calf, I could feel William's stare radiate into my head.

I looked up, only to be met by a pointy toothed smile.

"So you must be the little vixen that Patrick is after." I could feel a blush creep onto my face, while his smile only grew.

"You're right, Ry." William spoke towards Ryan across the room, nodding his head in my direction.

"She's a petite little thing, and a cutie at that." His eyes sparkled slightly and a smirk was blatantly planted on his smug face as he spoke. I could feel my blush worsen at his words.

I desperately tried to hide the blush by burying my face in Brendon's chest. Instead of pulling me away, Brendon took advantage of the situation and pulled my closer to him, wrapping his arms around me.

"He's only speaking the truth, Ver." Brendon whispered into my ear. I just laughed, looking up at him and smiling slightly. He smiled back down at me, making butterflies present in my stomach.

"Oh, are you two together?" William asked, making both Brendon and I look at him.

"By the way Ryan was talking about you earlier, I thought that you and Ryan were together."

At that moment, I realized that I had no idea what my relationship with either of the guys was.
I had never even thought about who I wanted to be with.
I loved being with both of the guys.
They were both so different and similar in so many ways, and I loved every little thing about each of them.

How am I supposed to choose one and not the other?

I love both of them too much.


In that moment, as I looked from Ryan to Brendon, the looks on their faces said it all.

They both love me equally.

And I love them the same.

But how do I choose?
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATED!! :D
It's been a long time! Woah!
Sorry about that!!!
Do you think Patrick will find the guys?
Do you think Patrick will take Ver away?
Why does Patrick really want Ver? Just to "save" her?
What do you think of William?
How is Ver supposed to choose between the guys? Or should she be with someone else?
Who do you want Ver to be with? Whose team are you on?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE MY COMMENTORS AND READERS!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!