Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Twenty

"My choice is..." I sighed and glanced at the two men seated on either side of me.

"I have decided that..." I sighed once more and chuckled slightly, shaking my head at the situation I was in.

"Come on, Ver. Just tell us." Ryan spoke, sounding slightly impatient.

"Neither of us will be mad. We promise. Right Ry?" Brendon spoke in a soft tone, placing his hand on my back and tracing small circles there. He glanced at Ryan with an almost desperate look, and Ryan looked defeated for a moment before muttering a quiet "right."

"Well, I hope that you aren't mad... but I completely understand if you are. I know that jealousy is going to be a big problem, but it won't be easy for me either." I spoke vaguely and glanced at both of them. They both nodded, silently telling me to continue.

I started at my hands that were in my lap, feeling my stomach churn slightly before I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I can't choose either of you," both of them made a noise of disbelief and, more than likely, anger but I held a hand up to silence them.
"That's why I've chosen both of you."

My nerves got the better of me, so instead of facing my two love interests, I just stared at the floor, silently hoping that a fight wouldn't break out. My mind seemed to automatically come up with the worst case scenarios, constantly playing them over and over again. Most involved the tearing of throats and either Ryan or Brendon bursting into a pile of ashes. My heart clenched at the thought.

It seemed as if we had sat in silence for at least an hour before I stood up and faced them.

To my surprise, neither of their faces held any scorn or disdain for the other, making me extremely confused.

Shouldn't they be tearing each other's eyes out by now?

I could have sworn that they would have been at each other's necks if they had to share a "girlfriend"... or whatever I am...

I mean, I would go crazy if I was dating a guy who was going out with another girl at the same time. Especially if I had to see them together all the time.


I could feel my face contort at these thoughts. My eyes narrowed at both of them.

"You're not mad?" I timidly asked.

They looked at each other before Ryan decided to speak.

"We told you that we weren't going to be mad, and we talked about it while you were staring at the floor, thinking about us killing each other."
I blushed, knowing that he had read my mind.

"Brendon and I have decided that we can make our relationship work. There may be jealousy, but we would never let it ruin our friendship," he wrapped an arm around Brendon's shoulders in a sort-of hug, "or ruin our love for you, Ver."

They both smiled at me, and I stepped forward, allowing them to wrap their arms around me in a group hug. I sighed contently, feeling butterflies in my stomach and tingling from just their touch. I swiftly kissed each of them on the cheek and giggled.

I pulled away from them with a smile on my face that had no intention of leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the guys and I had figured out our relationship, and my window had been permanently bolted shut, I could wander around the house freely. Although, I avoided William as though he were the plague. (All under Brendon's direction and advice, of course.)

Even if he had been somewhat sweet on first impression, I was still very wary of him, for fear of falling under his hypnosis. Whenever I was near him, I felt as though a dark aura surrounded him, sending me bad vibes. I know that I may sound silly, but there was just something about him that was a bit off.

A month had flown by since my decision had been made, and my relationship with Brendon and Ryan was progressing nicely. Every Friday night, each of the guys would set up a date of some sort within the house. My first date was with Brendon and he set up a cute little picnic in the living room where we watched movies and fell asleep together on the floor. It seemed that Brendon had convinced William and Ryan to leave for the night, because we were not disturbed at all. Amazingly, my favorite part of the whole date was falling asleep in his strong arms while he snored softly, a small bit of drool dripping from the corner of his mouth.

Ryan and I had a date the following Friday, and he decided to cook me dinner. He made something along the lines of lasagna, but fancier, and we joked around and talked the whole night. My stomach had started turning when we made our way upstairs for bed, but instead of our clothes being torn off each other, Ryan left me with a sweet kiss in front of my bedroom door. He whispered a soft "goodnight" as he pulled away, but I pulled him back over to me, giving him a rather passionate kiss. But before he could even fully realize what I was doing, I had swiftly stepped into my room and shut the door, leaving a very dazed and confused Ryan in the hallway.

I found myself whistling the tune of "Build God, Then We'll Talk" as I sauntered through the hallway, on my way downstairs in search of either of my vampire lovers. As I came to the corner where the hallway met the staircase, I ran into someone, almost falling before I found myself in someone's arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that any-" I found myself in shock as I stared into the eyes of William Beckett. I quickly righted myself, taking a step or two away from him.

"It's quite all right. I was just coming to tell you that Ryan and Brendon just left to meet with some of their allies." The way he spoke reminded me a bit of a butler, because of the formality, but I quickly pushed that thought away and focused on what he had just said.

"Allies? What do you mean?" I took a step closer to him, curiosity taking over my previous fear of him.

"I guess they didn't want to worry you, but we've been discussing Pete's clan a lot lately. We're trying to turn his followers against him, and create a better clan. Brendon and Ryan left to go speak to some of Pete's followers and convince them to leave Pete, or overthrow him. If they cooperate, we're planning on heading over to the mansion tomorrow." William smiled and stared off space for a moment before refocusing on me.

"They're really going to overthrow Pete?" My hopes soared, making me feel excited at the though of never having to worry about him again.

"If everything works out, then yes, they're going to overthrow Pete and we'll work to change his clan for the better." He smiled and I jumped up and down, feeling elated. I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a hug.

"This is so awesome!" I shrieked, then realized who I was hugging and sheepishly backed off.

"Sorry about that." I muttered, kicking my feet and avoiding eye contact with him.

"It's perfectly fine, Ver. I don't mind a hug every now and then, especially from a beautiful girl, such as you." He smirked, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I could feel myself blushing, and I let out a hollow laugh.

"I'm not that beautiful. It's not like I have boys falling at my feet at school." I muttered, wishing that he hadn't complimented me.

"I beg to differ. You definitely have men falling at your feet here. Three men to be exact." He retorted.

"Three men?"
I looked up at him for a brief moment, and our eyes met.

And that was my mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for not updating sooner!!!!! I feel super bad!!!!!!
I've gotten busy over the past few weeks. Haha.
My friend and I went to Warped Tour on Sunday and I'm all sunburnt, so I'm trying to get my mind off of it and I realized that I hadn't updated either of my stories in FOREVER!!!
So... WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Are you happy with Ver's decision?
Which of the guys do you like better?
Will Ryan and Brendon have problems later on?
Do you think the plan to overthrow Pete will work?
How are the guys going to reform Pete's clan?
Do you think there is actually something wrong with William?
What is William going to do to Ver?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!
I know that you guys comment... but I'd really appreciate it more if it was more than just "UPDATE SOON! I LOVE THIS!" I want to know your thoughts and your ideas about the story! THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!
I LOVE YOU, COMMENTORS AND SUBSCRIBERS!!! :D