Status: I think I might actually finish this story :)

Have Faith in Me

Runaway Love

I grabbed my backpack and shoved undergarments, shirts, and jeans in it. I ran to my bathroom and shoved eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow inside with a comb. I grabbed my traveling size toothpaste along with my tooth brush. I ran back into my room and locked my door just as my dad was coming up the stairs. I opened my window and climbed on the ledge. I crawled down onto the back porch and ran through the neighbors lawn and onto a back street. I ran without once looking behind me. I stopped running when I was in the next town over which is only about 3 miles away. I sat down on a bench to catch my breath.

"Hello." I looked up startled. I started into a pair of hazel eyes slightly covered by black hair with blue tips.
"Hi." I replied shyly, slowly getting up and walked towards a store.
"My name's Koryn. What's yours?" He asked following behind me.
"Broo-" I stopped myself. If my dad called the cops to fine me, they'd probably have my name and face all over the news. "I'm Lia." I lied.
"That's a nice name. Where are you headed, Lia?" He was starting to irritate me with his questions. I hated lying. But I couldn't tell anyone the truth.
"A coffee shop for food, now if you'll please excuse me, I have to get going. nice meeting you Corey." I said walking away.
"It's Koryn!" He called out. A few seconds later I heard footsteps behind me
"Listen, Koryn. I really can't afford to sit around and-" I was cut off when a hand collided with my cheek. Dad. I looked up in fear at him. He grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the truck. His grip was too tight to twist out of so I bit him and as soon as he released cursing, I took off again. This time I didn't stop until it was dark and I was safely hid. And I passed out.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I woke up in a soft bed with the covers over me. I was wearing unfamiliar pajamas. I ran my hand through my hair. I removed the sheets from my body and slipped out of the bed. My legs felt like jelly and I fell to the floor causing a loud thud. I groaned just as the door swung open revealing a girl about twenty or so. She smiled sweetly at me.
"Oh good, you're up. Are you okay? you must be exhausted from all the running you did yesterday." She helped me on my feet and sat me on the bed.
"I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" I asked timidly.
"Oh my apologies. I'm Lilani, you can call me Lilly if you prefer."
"Where am I?"
"You're in my boyfriend's house. His name is Alex. You may remember Koryn? That's Alex's little bro." She explained sweetly. "You slept on the ground for hours, would you like a shower?" I nodded. Now that she mentioned it, I was pretty dirty and my hair was ratty. My body was covered in dry sweat and filth.
She showed me the bathroom and where the towels were and left me alone with my thoughts. I had no idea how I got here or who changed my clothes. I had no idea where my bag of clothes was. I had no idea why I was here. And I had no idea what dad would've done to me if I hadn't escaped. All I knew was that i had escaped but maybe these people new dad. Maybe they knew I had run away and were going to bring me back. I knew I had to come up with a plan and fast. I scrubbed my body and hair. i turned off the water and leaned against the shower wall. I sighed shakily as I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out. I wiped the steam off of the mirror and took a hard look at myself. I had dark bags under my emerald eyes. I wrapped a smaller towel around my hair and sat on the side of the tub.
Everything in my life had been so messed up. Dad and I couldn't get along to save our lives. He was a drunk. A mean one at that. He had recently lost his job because he went too intoxicated and was obnoxious. He blamed me for everything. But mostly for mom's leaving. Everything he told me I eventually grew up to believe. I hugged my knees to my chest and let my head fall. A few tears fell from my iris. I wiped them away as I heard a soft knock on the door. I ran the towel through my hair quick before hanging it up and opened the door. I was met with a pair of blue eyes. A tropical ocean blue. They were absolutely beautiful.
"you are not Koryn." The man with blue eyes stated. I shook my head slightly and took in his appearance. He had shaggy blonde hair that fell just above his eyes in the front while in the back it was longer and teased. I could smell the hairspray and mousse. He had on blue jean skinnies and a hollister shirt. He had a simple chain necklace. His ears were gaued and he had snakebites. He was obviously doing the same as I had been. Checking him out. That's when i realized I only had a towel on and I slammed the door shut.
"I heard him chuckle as he walked away. A few minutes later I heard footsteps and a knock. I opened it slightly and saw Lilly. I opened it up all the way seeing my bag in her hands. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the room I'd woken up in. She ruffled through my bag and frowned.
"Honey, forgive me but you are very skinny. Too skinny." I looked at her in disbelief. I was a size one and wanted to be thinner. Dad was always telling me I was fat and I eventually believed it. Every time I looked in the mirror I was an ugly, obese thing starring back. "I'm sorry, Lia. I didn't mean to offend you but you're nothing but skin and bones. It's not healthy. She sat me down as she pulled out a pair of skinnies and a shirt. She got tired of ruffling through my bag and dumped the contents on the bed next to me and sorted through it. She grabbed a pair of undies and a bra and a pair of neon zebra socks. She handed them to me and gestured for me to get dressed as she sorted through my make-up. I dressed as quickly as possible. She turned around and smiles at me. "Are you hungry?" She asked. I shook my head but my stomach betrayed me and growled. She sighed and took my hand pulling me down stairs.
The house was beautiful yet simple. Cozy. She sat me down at the kitchen table while she started making breakfast. It smelled amazing and my mouth started watering. But I didn't understand why she was being so nice. She didn't owe me anything. Hell, she didn't even know me. She set a plate of food in front of me just as Koryn walked in with the blue eyes man. "Koryn, pour Lia a glass of O.J. Destery, did you eat this morning at your house?"
"No ma'am."
"Here you are sweetie," She handed him a plate of food. Her eyes trailed back to me. "Why aren't you eating?"
"Um. I can't eat this." I whispered.
"Boys, give us a minute." The boys walked out and she sat next to me. "I understand your situation with food. I had the same look on my face when I was fifteen. It's not healthy, Lia. I'm going to stand by you through this. Just pick at it. A few bites or more depending on what you can handle. Can you do that for me?" I nodded and she smiled.
"Why are you doing this? Helping me with everything." I asked curiously.
"Because I care. But we do need to speak more about this later. For now eat." She patted my knee and got up telling the boys they could come back. She handed Koryn food and set out the cartoon of O.J. She fixed two more plates and set them down. "Koryn, is Alex still sleeping?" He nodded. She smiled shaking her head as she left the room. I picked at my pancake as the other two ate like there was no tomorrow. Finally Koryn spoke.
"So, we're not supposed to ask, but-"
"Then don't." I interrupted. I stopped picking when I felt like throwing up. I ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents in my stomach. I felt someone hold my hair as I vomited. When I was done, I flushed and stood up. Lilly handed me my toothbrush and some toothpaste. I didn't know her but in that moment I was grateful for her help.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter=done. Tell meh what you think? Comments, subscribe. I'd really appreciate it!