Status: Still Kickin'

Unraveling

Long Island Iced Tea

“What’s stuck up your ass?” My lab partner snapped.

I glanced up from the paper I had been filling up, giving her a disgruntled look. “Nothing, can you stop talking to me like that?”

Jamie rolled her eyes, adjusting her seat on the chair. “Whatever. I’m not the one giving her lab partner attitude for misspelling ‘hypothesis’.”

“There’s no ‘a’ in hypothesis!” I snapped, “Hypo-thesis. Hypothesis!”

“Not all of us are grammar Nazis.”

I took a deep breath, my eyes glancing over to the clock. The big hand ticked near the four, teasing me with the end of the period.

“Look, the period’s almost done. Let’s just finish our report and we can go.”

She nodded, glancing over at what I’ve written.

We struggled through the last few minutes to finish up the activity we had been working on all week before the bell rang. All around us, there was a unanimous groan. It seems we weren’t the only ones who had unsuccessfully tried to finish their project.

We gathered together our things as the teacher stood in the front.

“If you didn’t complete the lab, you need to come in on your own time to do so. I suggest before or after school.” He said, “I’ll take any completed ones now.”

I noticed how no one willingly gave their lab in.

I turned toward Jamie, running a hand through my hair. “When do you want to come in to complete it?”

“I can’t do mornings or afternoons.” She slipped her bag onto her shoulder, “When do you have study hall?”

“Fifth?”

She scowled, “I have lunch then so I’ll be a little late. Let’s finish this tomorrow though.”
I nodded, “Sounds good. I’ll hold onto it then.”

I stuffed the sheet into my bag before heading out the door. The day had been a rough one. I knew I looked pathetic with the bags under my eyes and the sweats hanging loosely off my hips. The after effects of my dream still lingered with me.

Karen was nowhere to be seen as I headed toward my locker to grab my books for the evening. She had promised to meet me before we left, but I had my doubts on that. She had found herself a new boy, and he was possessively keeping her away from me.

I didn’t mind. He was good for her. And she was happy. That was the more important factor in this.

I took my time leaving, knowing I didn’t have work tonight.

Grandma had joined a knitting club at our church so I had the house to myself tonight. She had claimed to have had an epiphany that she needed to become more active in the church. She had joined two different clubs and helped in the kitchen when she could.

I thought it was good she was doing that, but it didn’t make me anymore active.

I came home to a dinner covered in tinfoil and a note precariously placed atop it in the fridge. Pulling the note off, I scanned the direction on how to cook the food before sticking my dinner into the oven.

She wouldn’t be home until around ten, leaving me plenty of time to lie around.

I collapsed onto the couch, turning on the television.

~*~

“…has resulted in a four car crash on Ale Bridge Road.”

I was curled under a blanket, falling in and out of sleep as I waited for my grandmother to return home. The leftovers of my dinner rested on the coffee table in front of me.

The ten-o’clock news was on, but I was barely paying attention.

The front door opened, awakening me.

“Avery?” My grandmother sounded exhausted.

I sat up on the couch, the blanket slipping down. Peeking over toward the door, I watched as she locked up behind her, smiling gently at me.

“Shouldn’t you be going to sleep?”

“It’s a Friday, Grandma.”

“I know, but you look tired.”

I smirked, “I could say the same to you.”

“Oh, sweetie, I really am. I think I’m going to hit the hay soon.”

“You want any help?”

She shook her head softly, “Just clean your dishes before you go to sleep.”

I glanced sheepishly at the plate next to me, before quickly changing the subject. “How was the knitting club?”

“It was wonderful.” She smiled softly, “Gretchen, the lady I was telling you about with the two kittens, invited us over for a few cocktails afterwards to discuss who are blankets are going to go to. There are just so many people in our church.”

“Why are you giving the blankets away?”

“It’s a prayer ministry, Avery.” She moved toward the stairs as she explained, “We knit the blankets and pray over them then they’re delivered to those that need it.”

I smiled, “That’s wonderful, Grandma.”

“Isn’t it?” She returned my grin, “But I’m started to feel a little woozy. I’m heading off to bed, sweetie, good night.”

“Night, Grandma.”

“Don’t stay up too late.”

I rolled my eyes, not responding.

She disappeared up the stairs as I took my plate over to the sink, giving it a light wash before slipping it into the dishwasher.

A few minutes later, the hum of her machines started up, and our house elapsed into its regular evening routine.

I glanced at the stairs longingly before deciding against it. I knew once I turned the harsh light of my bedroom lamp on that I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep.

My legs led the way back to the couch. The television still played with an update on tomorrow’s weather. I pulled the blanket over top of my shoulders, snuggling into it.

“Boo.”

My eyes snapped open as my body snapped upright.

Tyler grinned stupidly at me from behind the couch, only his head showing.

“Tyler!” I hissed, unsure if this was a dream or not. I pushed that thought to the back of my mind. If it was, I was going to enjoy it the best I could.

“What are you doing here?” I glanced back cautiously toward the stairs, fearful of my grandmother’s ears.

The humming buzzed continuously.

He chuckled, pushing me down against the couch gently before sliding a leg over the side. He rolled over, landing precariously atop me.

“I’m visiting my favorite girl.” He slipped his arms underneath my waist, trapping me to him. Tyler pressed his chest against mine, burying his head in the crook of my neck.

I giggled, at a loss for words.

“You know, it’s Friday night.” He said calmly, his warm breath tickling my collar bone.

“And?”

“Most girls would be out partying, but you’re falling asleep at ten?” He pulled back to give me a teasing look.

“Shut up.” I laughed, wrapping my arms around his back.

“Let’s go have some fun.” I felt his lips nipping at my skin as he talked, teasing me gently.

“My grandmother’s right upstairs.”

“I wasn’t talking about staying here.”

I pulled his face toward mine, raising an eyebrow. He gave me a secretive look before standing up. I noticed then that he wasn’t wearing his costume. It was one of the few times I had seen him without the infamous look, and the first that I had known who he really was.

He looked different, yet the same.

Tyler wore loose fitting jeans that bagged. They were held up by a multicolored belt, yet low enough that the possibility of getting a glimpse if he raised his arms enough. A plain white tee was partially covered by an open black jacket. Tyler wore a black beaded necklace with a single green bead in the center.

He looked good.

Tyler smirked at how bluntly a checked him out. He held out a hand to help me up, which I gladly accepted.

“I’m not exactly dressed to go out.”

“I can fix that.” He chuckled darkly.

I gave his chest a slightly push, “Why don’t we just go up to my room tonight and hang there? Or we can go to your ‘lair’.”

I giggled at the mention of his bat cave. Despite seeing him accomplish the impossible, I still couldn’t seriously refer to his hide out as a lair, and he disapproved of the ‘bat cave’.

“I want to do something fun with you.” He pulled me closer to him, whispering softly in my ear. “Let’s go upstairs and get you something sexy to wear. Think of this as our first date.”

“If you put it that way…”

He smirked victoriously.

I grabbed his hand, leading the way up to my bedroom.

Twenty minutes later, I was locking the door to my house as Tyler walked over to his bike parked against the side of my house. I met him in the drive way, the engine growling to life. He tossed me the helmet, patting the seat behind him.

“I actually get a helmet to wear this time?”

He smirked, “Wouldn’t want to hurt your pretty little head. I thought it was time I invested in one.”

I gave him a grin before shielding my face behind the black glass. I moved behind him, straddling the machine and slipping my arms tightly around his waist. I was thankful for the helmet as my face heated up when my skirt slid further up my legs. The thin jacket would do little to protect me once the bike got kicking.

“Ready?” He asked.

Before I had a chance to respond, he pulled out of my driveway. I ducked my head down and held on tight.

~*~

“Tyler, there’s no way we’re getting in there.” I hissed, grabbing onto his jacket to get his attention. Tyler wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer.

“Just trust me.”

We headed towards the long line of people standing outside a small doorway. The doorway led to a club that was almost hidden in the daylight, but radiated people in the evening. Music pounded as we neared, and I was more than positive that it was for 21 and older.

He led us past the long line of people standing impatiently to get in. Most were dressed in similar clothes as me. I tugged on the sleeves of my jacket, shivering.

As we approached the bouncer, he gave us a skeptic look before nodding us through. I raised an eyebrow, giving Tyler an incredulous look.

He stole a kiss, holding the door open.

As soon as we entered, I was hit by a wave of bodies dancing and grinding, drinking and talking. People of all kinds were smashed together, all of them looking older. Most held a drink in their hands, along with a girl or two.

Tyler steered us toward the bar.

“What do you want?”

“Coke, please.” I glanced around at all the bodies, noticing how large the room was. Lights flashed in varying colors in time with the beat of the music. The first floor was solely dancing and drinking. My eyes traveled upwards to where a second floor was where people sat in booths drinking, talking, or heavily making out.

I was amazed by the scene.

Tyler laughed, “They don’t serve coke here. Try something a little… stronger.”

I glanced back at him, giving him a grin. My eyes turned toward the bartender, waiting for an order, “Can I get a long island iced tea?”

He nodded, his eyes shifting to Tyler.

“Jack on the rocks.”

Tyler turned to me, grabbing my hips, “I’m surprised.”

“Why?”

“I knew you liked alcohol, but if I never thought you’d order something so strong.”

I giggled, pulling on the collars of his jacket, “You’re right. It’s Friday night. I want to have fun. Just promise me one thing?”

“Hmm?” He asked, sounding distracted.

“Don’t let me fall off the bike when we go home.”

He laughed, pressing his lips against mine. Tyler’s lips were rough and teasing, playing with my bottom lip. I laced one hand through his hair, the other curled tightly around the edge of his jacket. He pulled me close, pushing the bottom of my skirt up with one hand.

I pulled away as the drinks came, taking a sip of mine.

It had been a long time since I had felt the sensation of alcohol running down my throat. In a matter of minutes, I had downed my entire drink.

I grinned, grabbing Tyler’s hand as he finished his. “Let’s go dance.”
He chugged the last of his, eagerly letting me lead us onto the dance floor. I pushed past the pulse of bodies jumping and jerking to the beat, finding a spot for the both of us.

Tyler slipped his hands around my hips, pulling me to him. I felt him press himself into my ass as I grinded my hips against his.

His body was warm, and mine was open and cold. I moved my hips to the beat of the music, raising my arms. The hem of my tank top slipped up to expose my stomach. Tyler took advantage of that, one hand moving up underneath my shirt.

I smiled as I felt him growing just slightly stiff against my ass.

Tyler slipped one hand to my bare thigh, teasing me. He moved his lips to my neck. I leaned back and let a slight whimper escape my lips as he nipped playfully on my neck.

He responded with a husky chuckle, only biting more. My heart pounded as fast as the beat as he inched his hand further up my leg. The bottom of my skirt slipped upward, exposing the edge of my cheek to any who looked.

At the moment, my mind was preoccupied with his lips, his hands, him.

The song changed to a harder beat.

I changed my moves to match with it. Tyler’s lips were working wonders on my neck. He sucked roughly, pulling a biting. My head was thrown back, giving him better access as I moaned in pleasure. His hand rubbed small circles dangerously close.

We were roughly pushed by another couple.

I stumbled back, my eyes opening in surprise.

Tyler growled, pulling his hand out from underneath my skirt and giving the boy a rough shove. He stumbled forward, turning around with a look of drunken anger.

“Tyler!” I grabbed his hand, giving him a look. I could feel myself growing tipsy, but I kept enough of my head on to know he could’ve hurt the boy. He was definitely stronger than anyone in the club.

“What?” He snapped, glancing over my shoulder at the boy who was talking trash to us. “He shoved you!”
“Forget about it.” I pulled his chin toward mine, holding his eyes. “I’m going to need another drink if you want me to keep moving tonight anyway.”

Tyler gave a threatening look to the boy over his shoulder before nodding in agreement. He plastered a smirk onto his face. “You’re right, Aves. Let’s go get you drunk off your ass.”

I grinned, letting him lead the way over to the bar. Before we disappeared into the wall of people, I gave the finger to the drunk behind.

Tyler led the way up the stairs to another bar. He slipped between people to order our drinks while I grabbed us a booth in the back. The backs of the seats were high with dim lights hanging over top. I slipped into the first open booth I found.

The cool leather felt amazing on my skin.

I took a moment to fix my outfit, making sure nothing was hanging out that wasn’t supposed to. I could feel myself growing warm from the movement, and I could only hope that I didn’t have any smeared make-up.

This club was incredible.

Tyler slipped into the booth with me, sliding my drink in front of me.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, “What do you think?”

I leaned in close, my eyes staring at his lips, “I think we should go out every Friday night.”

He chuckled seductively before hungrily pressing his lips against mine.

No damn way this was a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for your patience <3
Comment & Sub!