Finding Hearts

Face to Face

Angel sighed, bringing the coffee to her lips. She waited patiently by the locker room doors in her oversized sweater and leggings. She still couldn’t get over the fact that Alisa had slept with Sidney Crosby and she had never told her. She and Alisa had made up, but it was very clear that they weren’t going to address the topic again. It rattled Angel, to say the least; she wanted to know everything- every detail. He was the Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins and he was a total sweetheart, from her point of view, not so much from her best friend’s.

The door opened and Angel gave a polite smile to Craig Adams, who returned the gesture and kept walking. She went into her pocket and retrieved her phone, seeing one text from Alisa, asking her what she was wearing to Jordan Staal’s birthday tonight. Quickly replying, Angel put the phone back in her pocket and waited patiently.

The door opened again, and this time it was who she was waiting for. He smiled when he saw her, throwing his bag over his shoulder. Angel pushed herself off of the wall and walked toward him, grining.

“Nice hat trick, superstar.”

Evgeni grinned and pushed her lightly, “You know me.”

She laughed at his accent and walked to his car with him, climbing into the passenger seat while he put his stuff in the trunk. Her eyes drifted to the rink doors where Sidney Crosby walked out, toward his vehicle. She watched him, narrowing her eyes slightly, she had liked him. However, nobody pulls a ‘wham bam thank you ma’am’ with her best friend and gets away with it. He was on her shit list.

Geno climbed into the driver’s seat and his eyes fell on his captain, “Still no like Sid?”

Angel put her coffee in the cup holder and shrugged, taking off her mitts, “Alisa would have mentioned it if something didn’t happen.”

“What?” Geno asked, not following, as he put the car into drive.

Angel finally tore her eyes off of Sidney and buckled herself in, “There has to be a reason they hate each other, Geno.”

“They have sex,” He explained to her, as if she had missed that part, “Big mistake, they no like each other anymore.”

Angel nodded, “I know but, we’re not in high school, that doesn’t happen.”

“Iduno then,” Geno sighed, driving down the snowy streets of Pittsburgh.

They pulled up to Angel and Alisa’s house and Angel turned to Geno, giving him a light smile and watching his face light up. He was sweet, and he was hilarious, and he was fun- she liked him. Truthfully glad that Alisa had set them up, Angel wondered if she would have ever found someone in Pittsburgh without her.

“I’ll see you tonight?”

“Yes,” he grinned, leaning forward and kissing her softly, “Pick you up, 8?”

Angel nodded, hopping from the car and rushing up to her doorway. She was going to make sure that Alisa had fun tonight, even if Sidney Crosby was in the same room as her.

[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]


Angel leaned into Geno as he wrapped his arm around her lower back, and she brought her drink to her lips. Alisa watched as she laughed loudly at something Jordan said, and watched Jordan laugh with her. Alisa grumbled, crossing her arms in front of her and finishing the rest of her drink.

Angel had promised not to leave her side tonight, but she knew that was probably not going to happen. Alisa didn’t want to be here, not at all, she had grown tired of the hockey parties, with the hockey players. Her dress felt uncomfortable and her heels were killing her feet, she wanted to escape. She needed too.

Placing her cup on the bar, Alisa grabbed her coat and threw it on top of her body, taking once last glance toward her best friend. Angel leaned up to kiss Geno’s cheek, and Alisa took that as her cue. Silently, she made her way through the groups of people and toward the door. She could see nothing but the blur of people. She saw the doorway clearly, and thought she was home free, when she was spun around, nearly knocked off her feet.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Angel glared at her, tucking a brown piece of hair behind her ear.

Alisa sighed, rolling her eyes, “I’m getting out of here.”

“No,” Angel shook her head, “You’re not.”

“Ange-.”

She was cut off by a man squeezing in between them, his plump lips and mysterious eyes brushed over her, “Excuse me.”

She moved back and let Sidney Crosby pass, eyes drifting back to her best friend’s guilty expression.

“I’ll see you at home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama!!!!!!!
It's coming!
Thank you to our commenters :
heyJAYhey
Dashing Doll
sparrow.
Sparxx



you're all amazing <3!

Comment!