Status: I'll be posting a new chapter hopefully every day!

Mockingjay Alternate Ending

Parachutes

And that's when the rest of the parachutes go off.

My mind is numb. Prim. My beautiful, perfect Prim. Uncomprehending, I begin to run toward her, because Prim could not have been taken away. The sweet girl whom everyone loves, the hero, the healer. As I stare at the unyielding fire, my thoughts become clear, and I know that she could not have survived. I fall to the ground, hating Snow. Hating the world. My eyes close, and I have no intention of opening them again.

The next thing I know, I am lying in a hospital bed. I have about two blissful seconds before I remember yesterday's events. I become aware of the dull pain that is present all over my body. I look at my hands, and recognize the scars. How is it that I didn't even notice that I was on fire yesterday? The intense pain that must have been coursing through my body somehow didn't register to my head. The thought hits me once again, harder than before, that I will never see Prim again. It is a feeling that could easily mask the pain of being burnt. I will never see Prim again. My eyes close.

Someone is shaking me. I ignore them. "Stop", I want to say, but I don't have the energy or the willpower to speak. Unless you're Prim, go away. And of course you're not Prim, Prim's dead. Go away. I realize that this is all going on in my head, and as far as the shaker knows, I am still sleeping. After a moment of contemplation and dread, I open my eyes, aware of the futility of this action, knowing that nothing I see for the rest of my life will make me happy. My eyes take a moment to focus, and even then I don't believe what I am seeing. Smiling down at me as well as she can is a face that would be almost unrecognizable to anyone but me. A face so scarred and torn up that it is a wonder how it can still be so beautiful. My Prim.
♠ ♠ ♠
Message me with reviews and ideas!