Wishes to Reality

Pilot

Disclaimer: The ‘change of fate’ spell isn't mine, it is a product of Persephone's Journey you should check out her story, Change of Fate, it’s awesome. And about Supernatural, not Torchwood, but whatever :3

“Jack, you have to! We need you!” Toshiko shouts from the bright white light of the rift that Owen had opened. Jack looks at her from where he was dancing with the real Jack Harkness.

“I have to go,” he says, regret in his eyes.
The Captain nods. Toshiko waits for Jack in front of the rift.

“It's my duty” he says again.
Jack takes a couple of steps toward the rift. He pauses and makes up his mind as he turns
around and goes back to the Captain.

And they kiss.

For one brief moment in time, they share a passion of a lifetime in one single kiss
before they each have to return to their own time. They break apart. Jack heads for the
rift. Near the opening, he turns around and looks back at The Captain. Everyone else in
the room slowly vanishes in a haze of white light leaving only the Captain in the center
of the room.

The Captain straightens to attention and salutes Jack --
-- and then he vanishes from view.

Jack turns and enters the rift with Toshiko.


“Aw, that was so cute!” I gushed, turning to my sister who was sitting beside me on the couch. She had hidden her eyes for the kiss, as she had done last time and the time before.
She grimaced.

“I don’t understand how you can withstand that. Watching your beloved Jack making out with a man, it’s disturbing!” she said, shaking her head. I rolled my eyes at her antics.

“Actually, I think it’s kind of hot,” I said, remembering the first time him and Ianto said something that led me to believe that they were... ‘dabbling’.

‘“If you're interested ... I've still got that stopwatch,” Ianto says.

“So?” Jack responds.

“Well, think about it. Lots of things you can do with a stopwatch,”

Jack smiles suggestively, “Oh, yeah. I can think of a few,”

“There's quite a list,” Ianto smirks.

“I'll send the others home early. See you in my office in ten.” Jack says before walking out of the room with a bounce in his step. This should be fun. ‘


Jezebel huffed.
“Of course you would, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if Gwen walked up to you and kissed you either, would you?” she said, getting up with her large bowl of over-buttered and over-salted popcorn. I grinned at the mental image my sister had just sent my way.

“That’d be kinda hot, too,” I said, stifling a small giggle. She fake-gagged at my sexual preferences. I could be considered try-sexual... I’d try anything once, at least, like Jack. I was this way before I knew of Jack, though, so my sister couldn’t blame him for my ‘open-mindedness’.

“Oh yes, like you can talk with that disgusting popcorn of yours. Yuck,” I made a face.
She waved my comment off, choosing to change the subject off of her questionable taste in food.

“Jack or Gwen? Which would you prefer, Dev?” she asked me. I pursed my lips, pretending to think about it when my mind had been made up since I first saw the character.

“Captain Jack Harkness. Must be the jawline, surely. Once seen, always yearned for,” I said, my sister joining me for the last quote.

“Must be. Or maybe his 51st century pheromones work through the TV too,” she chuckled, shaking her head. I rolled my eyes slightly.

“Yeah, sure. Why not,” I said, rolling my eyes. Of course his pheromones worked right through the television, it’s not like they have to be inhaled to work or anything. But I knew Jess was saying that because she was affected by him too, even though she preferred Owen. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind a night or two with Jack though, but then again, who would?

“Hey, I have an idea,” she said, turning to me with a wide, shit-eating grin. I rose an eyebrow at her.

“And what exactly are the risks of this idea?” I asked, knowing that whenever she got an idea that matched that face, we got in a shit-load of trouble. Last time she had convinced me to do a life-sized drawing of a dragon on the walls of the basement and since then, every time I walk into said basement, I’m scared half to death before I remember its just a drawing.

“It might not work, but if it does, we might get torn apart on a molecular level and scattered across the rift. If we make it through without harm, we might come across something that physically changes us in the rift, making us possibly clinically insane or deformed to a point of no return. If we don’t, we might get lost and never see eachother again. But on the up side, if everything works out correctly, we’d end up in the universe of Torchwood and Doctor Who, in which case we can do pretty much anything we want and get killed by alien threat, though probably not since we practically know the shows by heart. What do you think?” Jezebel suggested. I pursed my lips for a moment and actually deliberated.

“So, you’re talking about cross-dimensional jumping? Isn’t there the possibility that our bodies won’t be able to withstand the jump and we’ll slowly deteriorate after we get there?” I asked.
Jess shrugged.

“I figured that by the time we get to that stage, we’ll have found Torchwood or the Doctor and either one can fix us again so that we live,” she said, smirking at me. I evaluated it in my mind and figured it was worth a shot.

“Sure, how do we do it?” I asked.

“Well,” she started, grabbing a near-by notebook and opening it. “I read this fanfiction the other day, it’s called ‘Change of Fate’ it’s brilliant and about supernatural, but anyways. So I read it and thought it was a genius spell they used, but it was missing a few things to refine it and make sure we end up in the right place. So I did a bunch of research, and did exactly that. I refined it, but kept the original spell. Should we give it a try?” she asked, handing me the notebook. I read the first few bits and noticed lots of energy amplifiers, like quartz and dragon’s blood, as well as a few sigils and multiple different things that made this spell more accurate than the original.
I nodded.

“Sure, lets do it,” I said, and set to work. We were Witches, you see, we practiced the art of Magik and though I was a little more well-read and had more practice and experience, my sister was an expert with herbs and still a brilliant Witch.
As I started gathering stuff from our ‘cabinet’ (really, it was just a bunch of Magik stuff used in ritual and other Witchy ceremonies stacked in labeled bins and drawers in the attic), I realized her idea was slightly flawed and I knew of (and owned) a better amplifier.

“Wait,” I said, going through my psionic things and pulling out my cuffs. They were leather wrist cuffs with a copper-bound quartz crystal to amplify my personal power.

“In a normal ritual, we would just use our own energy, but with the amount of power we’re going to need, you’d better go get your Athame,” I explained, pointing to her personal boxes. We each had some areas of expertise, and so we each had some tools that were specially tune to our energy, like Jess had her magical dagger (used for slicing through energy, not matter), which I had enhanced with a crystal on the hilt.
Come to think of it, my cuffs looked a little bit like Jack’s wrist-strap, only they didn’t open and had the whole crystal thing going on.

“Ah, I see. Yeah, that’s a good idea,” Jess reasoned, grabbing her dagger.

“Should we pack a bag? Just in case?” I asked. Tomorrow would be Halloween night, the chosen night because the void between worlds was thinner at that time.

“Yeah, and I guess we should probably keep a notebook in which we put pointers for all the episodes in it too. You know, so we can remember what we want to see changed. Should we do Miracle Day too?” she asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, if all goes as planned, we’ll need it,” I said. She nodded and we went to gather everything we needed in the middle of the room.

~~>>~~

We had just cast our circle and were carving Tulpa symbol in the candles, our picture of Jack and Owen was ready and everything was set up. After the carvings were made and the candles set up, I turned to face my sister.

“Ready?” I asked. She nodded, so we started chanting.

"I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish this night. For the change of fate to include these two men this night I ask by flame I ask it last. Seven brightest stars in the sky, light the flame I hold high." We lit the white candle with the picture wrapped around it, then lit the black ones from the white one and sat on either side of the small circle of candles with our bags in our arms.

“How much longer?” I asked. She shrugged.

“No idea, ours was more powerful than- whoa, did you feel that?” she asked, looking shocked. I nodded, as I felt my world spinning off kilter.
It felt like that time when I had almost passed out from dehydration.

“Hold on tight,” I said. grabbing her hand with the one that wasn’t holding my stuff. And then the wind picked up, which might have something to do with the fact that I had lost control of my powerful energy, and I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, just starting up :3 Review for more!!!