Wishes to Reality

Sewer Chic

Chapter 2
I woke up just as I was catapulted through a golden, orangey-red blast of color in a black background.
I stumbled to my feet in the parking area we have seen so often in Torchwood, my bags still clutched in my hands but my sister nowhere to be seen.
I was battling exhaustion, but I knew I had to wait for Torchwood to get here so that I could make sure Jezebel was safe.

Sure enough, a few instants later, the sound of screeching tires was heard and the Torchwood SUV came into view, skidding to a halt in front of me.

Captain Jack Harkness came out first, quickly followed by Tosh and Ianto.

“Jack!” I exclaimed, stumbling forwards a bit. Three guns were rapidly aimed at my face.

“Don’t move, who are you? And how do you know me?” Jack asked.
I rolled my eyes and scoffed, deciding to put on a bit of a show.

“Who am I? What am I? Silly questions. I was sure I had aimed properly this time. So you mean you worked for the Time Agency for so many years and this has never happened to you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms as much as I could without dropping my duffel bag.

“What do you want?” Ianto asked, daring a shot. I smirked at him.

“Currently? A nice cuddle with you and Jack and possibly Gwen in a warm bed. Oh, is my sister here yet?” I asked. Jack sighed and put his gun down.

“Who’s Gwen?” Tosh asked as she and Ianto lowered their guns after their Captain.

“Oh shit, spoilers. I can’t tell you,” I said simply, before walking to the SUV.

“The famous Torchwood SUV, almost as well known as the TARDIS or the Impala. Hmm... I CALL SHOTGUN!” I shouted the last bit, throwing myself at the door.
The rest of the team hopped in with a little less enthusiasm.

“How do you know all this? And how do you know the Doctor?” Jack asked as he drove us back towards the hub. I tutted.

“I told you, spoilers. You’ll find out soon enough. Now, about my sister,” I said, turning towards him.

“She’s at the hub, Owen and Suzie are keeping an eye on her. Surely you know who they are, you seem to know everything after all,” he mocked. I ignored his jab and grinned.

“I knew she’d be here before me, I always had a tendency of being late,” I said, shaking my head.

“Is that so, now, huh? I do believe your sister said something similar when she realized she was the first to arrive,” Jack said, sending a smirk my way. I gave a small smile before the exhaustion caught up with me and I leaned my head on the window, planning to close my eyes for just an instant.

--

I woke up with a jolt to find myself in a bed. Had it been a dream? My encounter with Torchwood, the spell, everything. Had I dreamed it all up?
That was when I noticed that I wasn’t in my bed, nor was I in my room. The sheets were comfortable, a thick Tardis Blue comforter was cocooning me and a fluffy feathery pillow was under my head. And I knew I was in Jack’s bed.

“Jack?” I called, moving out of the comfy blankets to find my clothes missing. Instead, I was in a pair of boxers and a shirt that reached my knees. I looked down to inspect the outfit I found myself in and didn’t mind too much, knowing that it was probably Jack or Jez who had changed me. Either way, i was cool with it. As long as it wasn’t Suzie, I wasn’t opposed.

I made my way out of the room and to the main part of the Hub, looking around in awe.

“Still Sewer Chic, I see,” I commented, looking around with a wide grin. Jack looked up from his spot at his desk and I felt his eyes run over my figure. I couldn’t truthfully say I didn’t love it.

“It’s Devi, right?” Jack asked, standing up. I smiled and walked up the stairs to meet him.

“Yes, yes it is. My Jack,” I said with a wide smile on my face, walking up to him slowly and running a hand along his jawline.
Jack had a curious look in his eyes as he let his arms rest around my waist.

“Do you know the origin of your name?” he asked, thinking of a way to one-up me, surely. I had known everything about him so far and let him know of it, so I was certain he was feeling a little bit peeved.

“It’s Sanskrit for Goddess,” I said, showing off just a little bit. Jack nodded.

“And may I say, it is definitely an appropriate name,” he said with a small laugh, giving a smile that brightened the room. I grinned back and resisted the urge to reach up and kiss him with all my might.
Then, he dipped his head a little bit, his lips getting closer to mine and were inches away when he paused reluctantly.

“Definitely,” I answered his earlier comment before closing the distance and pressing my lips to his in a passionate kiss. One of my hands rested on his cheek, keeping him close, while the other tangled in his hair, earning the occasional groan when I tugged. I felt his tongue sliding along my lower lip, asking for entrance. I happily gave it and slipped my tongue in his mouth smoothly, sending tingles down my spine for every inch he discovered.

The sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted the moment and we pulled away reluctantly, turning to face the newcomer.

“Jez!” I shouted when I realized who it was, and I propelled myself into her arms. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug and picked her up off the ground, spinning her around a bit before putting her back down.

“Where have you been!? You missed Everything Changes!” she said, grabbing my arms and shaking me. I was grinning like a fool and I knew it.

“Me? Oh nowhere, just in Jack’s bed!” I said, putting emphasis on the last part. Jez paused in her shaking, staring at me wide-eyed for a moment, before taking in the outfit I was in.

“Jeez, you work quick,” she said, and it took me a moment before I caught on. My eyes widened slightly.

“No, not like that! Not yet, at least. I just passed out in the SUV and then woke up in his bed, dressed like this,”
She pouted.

“Fine then, ruin my fun why don’t you,” I rolled my eyes and we made our way down from Jack’s office to the main room, which I took the time to grandly appreciate.

“Ah, the Torchwood Hub. Love it. Seems bigger than I remember it, though,” I commented, letting my eyes rove around the whole place.

“That’s what I said,” Jez said, elbowing me. I smiled distractedly as my eyes landed on Gwen, who also seemed to be observing the hub.

“I never liked the plots, you know. Loved the characters, and certain scenes too, of course, but not the general plots,” I commented, pulling my sister against me.
We shared a quick look.

“He needs to hire more people. Remember the guy from Random Shoes?” I asked. Jez pursed her lips, trying to remember the episode I was mentioning.

“You mean that creepy stalker guy that has a kick on Gwen?” she asked. I had to hold in a giggle.

“Yep, that’s the guy. If we pay him some professional attention, maybe he won’t get himself killed over an alien artifact,” I said. She looked thoughtful for a moment.

“What would he be good for, though?” she asked.

“I remember mentions that he was good with physics and math. And, you know, finding alien tech like that eye,” I said. Jez nodded.

“Yeah, maybe that’d be a good idea, then. The team does need more members,” she agreed. I grinned at that.

“Well, they have us now,” I commented. She nodded. As I looked around, I remembered someone else who would make a great addition to the Torchwood team; Captain John Hart.

“And John, we can’t forget John,” I said quickly. She seemed to become almost giddy at this, though I must admit I was quite excited also.
Right then, Tosh hurried up towards us, sidestepping both me and Jez to talk with Jack.

“An alien space-craft just crash landed a few miles outside of Cardiff,” she said in a hurried voice.
Jack nodded and pulled his phone out, obviously texting Gwen.

“I can’t wait for this,” I said excitedly. Jezebel nodded excitedly, going over to Jack.

“Day one, begin!” I said excitedly as Jack started shouting commands to the team, who had already started packing up for the night. I spotted Ianto heading out to get the SUV.

“Will we fit?” Jezebel asked, speaking about the SUV.

“Hey Jack!” I called, coming up behind him. He turned around, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Yes?”

“Do you guys have a motorcycle?” I asked.

“Why?”

“Because if we’re picking up Gwen, which we are, I won’t fit inside the SUV with my sister,” I said, simply. He rolled his eyes at me, and turned around to follow the team out.

“Have Ianto hook you up,” he ordered. I smiled at his retreating back, and went to see my dear Ianto.

“Ianto! Where are you, luv?” I called. He turned from his paperwork to see me standing really close to him.

“How may I help you?” he asked, a slight color tinging his cheeks. I smiled sweetly at him, running a hand along the side of his face. I knew he still had a girlfriend at the moment, even if she was a half-cyberman that would live on to try and destroy the hub.

“I need a motorcycle,” I breathed, getting in real close to his face, making his face become a slightly darker red and he sidestepped me, ignoring my advances. I pursed my lips lightly, trying to hold in a giggle.

“Right. this helmet is connected to the SUV, so you can hear what they’re saying and they can hear you. It’ll regulate your balance and show you whatever Tosh brings up without hindering your driving,” Ianto said, tossing the sleek, black motorcycle helmet to me. I caught it and looked it over.

“Coolios. And the bike to go with it?” I asked. Ianto led me to the hub’s garage, apparently, which I didn’t know it had. He led me to this gorgeous black motorcycle, which looked dangerous.

“2006 MV Agusta F4cc, enhanced speed and weaponry. Tracking system for the SUV, it should appear on this screen, and as an arrow on the helmet. Here’s the key, have fun,” he said, tossing me a tiny key.
I stared at it for a moment, before slipping the helmet on my head and slipping onto the bike, grinning widely as I turned it on and the helmet turned on at the same time.

“Jack? You hear me?” I asked.

“Roger that, Devi,” his voice sounded right next to my ear, like he was whispering from right close to me.

“Brilliant, I’ll be there in a blink,” I said. I kick-started the bike and was on my way, following the light blue semi-transparent arrow just above my eyes. It was like Iron man’s visor from the inside, showing me updates in a light blue, semi-transparent color so that I could still concentrate on the road. It took incredible skills of concentration.

“Simple locating clean up operation. Find that meteorite before anyone
else gets their hands on it,” I heard Jack’s voice again. I had been ignoring him before that, seeing as he hadn’t been saying anything important and I needed to gain control over this bloody bike. I had only ridden a motorbike a few times before, and they hadn’t been nearly as expensive as this one.

“Sounds easy enough,” I said in a slightly mocking voice. I knew what would happen. Not so easy.
I heard my sister giggle.

“Good to see you, by the way,” I hear Jack’s voice say to Gwen. I rolled my eyes.
Some mechanical noises, during which I assumed that Tosh was pulling out her tools.

“Tosh, you found it yet?” Owen’s question went unanswered as Gwen asked another one.

“You got enough kit?”
A map appears on the small screen of the bike, causing me to almost swerve off-road in surprise.

“Hey Tosh, a bit of warning before next time, mkay? An accident would not be cool,” I said, cutting her off just as she was about to say her ‘basic tracking and surveillance’ line.
I heard someone jump in the background, and I assumed it was Gwen.

“What was that?” I heard her posh voice ask, and I knew I had assumed right.

“Devi Bellerose, at your service, my lovelie. Well, only if that service includes handcuffs and a bed,” I teased. I heard Jack laugh and my sister sigh, while I’m sure all the others were in shock.

“Jack, you owe me ten bucks!” Jezebel said, causing me to roll my eyes. Trust her to make a bet with the boss about my reaction to Gwen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to apologize for the wait, if I did I'd never stop making apologies. I update sporadicly once in a blue moon.