Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

Cheap Trick

Shaking her head, Arrow surveyed the demolished village as she stroked Theo's fur, cradling him close.

"I just can't believe it," she said softly as she watched the villagers work together to rebuild their homes and replenish the Food Bin. Children hunted through the safe areas of the forests for berries and exotic fruits while a small group of men hunted for big game deeper in the heart of island. The women used their strange angelic wings to gather big leaves from the nearest trees to repair the roofs of their former homes and gather hard to reach fruits.

Isola stood next to her, her eyes grave as the village bustled around them. "Those damned pirates...Captain Xavier never knew when to quit."

Arrow glanced at her friend, her brows furrowed in confusion. "Captain Xavier?"

She nodded. "He had been born on this island and was a great warrior for stragetic planning. He was smart as a whip, but as cold as ice. He had been shunned from the village when he was still young because it was said his soul was so cold and black, none of the newborn animals were able to bond with him. They were terrified of him and the darkness in his heart."

Arrow thought back to the moment on the beach, when she had her premonition. Never before had she ever had one, or had signs of having one except for a few odd dreams that came true in the past. She remembered seeing the man aboard the ship with his black hair and devil-may-care looks. His eyes were like shards of ice, but were as strong as steel when they gazed at the island. The smile was sinister and sent shivers along her spine. She shook her head, bringing herself back to the present. The man frightened her.

Amil walked over followed by his trusted friend, Zephyr and Theo jumped from her arms to greet him while the Chief gave a stressful sigh.

"During the attack, the medical hut was destroyed. Honora needs the both of you to head into the forest with her and gather some fresh herbs," he said carefully, his face tired and weathered from the labor and exhaustion.

Together they set out through the village, watching the families working together and still managing to laugh and smile and remain happy. Arrow smiled to herself as they continued through to where Honora was speaking to a group of women. She turned when she heard Theo call in greeting and smiled tiredly.

"We need to gather more herbs and supplies for the medical hut. Come, let us go," she said quietly, her eyes loving and grateful as they rested on Arrow's form. She slid her arm through both of their arms and lead the way into the forest.

Birds chirped and squawked around them, the distance growls and calls of the local inhabitants as they moved through the foliage in search of different herbs and mushrooms for storage. Theo helped by sniffing out the unique scents of different herbs he remembered from memory. When he disappeared, he always came back with a mouthful of herbs and Arrow pet him graciously, praising his good deeds.

Honora smiled at the growing leopard. "He is going to be a great medical help when he gets older. His sense of smell is amazing for his age and species," she said affectionately as she stroked his head and purred lovingly under the attention.

Does this mean I'll be a Gatherer? His blue eyes looked up to Arrow, his head cocked curiously and she smiled.

"If you want, I suppose," she said as she turned to Honora. "He wonders if he will become a Gatherer."

The woman nodded. "It would be a great asset to us if he went on searches for herbs and medical plants."

Theo gave a tiny roar and sat back, seeming to smile at the idea and Arrow laughed and stroked his head one last time before they continued on filling their baskets with all that they needed.

As the sun rose high in the sky, an uneasy feeling settled over Arrow as she worked away from the others with Theo, looking for herbs. She didn't know why she felt the way she did, but something was going to happen. She jumped at the lightest sound and chastised herself for being an idiot, moving on with her work.

It wasn't until she suddenly felt ill did she stop for a breather and sat down on a large stone to rest for a moment. Theo rested at her feet, his ears twitching as he listened to the forest, keeping watch. Breathing a sigh, she lifted her face to the cool breeze that washed over the island from the ocean and closed her eyes. It was then she felt the familiar pulling sensation and didn't have time to prepare herself. She was dragged under into a premonition.

A man swam in the ocean toward the island, his short hair wet and his brown eyes wide with fear and exhaustion. His strokes were growing slower and weaker as he tried to reach the beach, but found that strength eluded him. She watched as he floated to his back to rest and was astonished to find that he was no older than a boy. Tears had filled his eyes as he began to pray, believing he was about to die.

Pulled back to reality, Arrow gave a startled gasp, her eyes huge and bright against her pale skin as Theo jumped to his feet and stared at her, having seen the same vision she had. She jumped to her feet, her heart racing for the poor boy drowning in the ocean. With Theo hot on her heels, she raced through the forest to the cliff and stared down in search of him. She began to panic when she couldn't find his body until she spotted him and he seemed to be unconcious. A protectiveness rose up inside her and without thinking, she jumped clear off the cliff. Theo cried out to her, watching her fall and fall until she hit the water with a splash.

Sputtering salt water from her mouth as she surfaced, she began her swim toward the boy and grabbed his arm.

"Come on, you have to wake up now," she breathed as she tapped his cheeks, hoping to rouse him but he remained unconcious and was beginning to sink. Fearful, she grit her teeth and began swimming with him back toward the shore and realised just how far it really was and cursed out loud.

"Such foul language from a beautiful mouth. My dear, a proper lady does not speak in such tongue."

Arrow's eyes widened in fear as her blood turned cold. Turning her head she saw the same man from her vision, his steel blue eyes staring right into her soul and she gasped. When the boy suddenly pulled away and was pulled into the small boat, she cursed even louder for her naitivity and the Captain chuckled with amusement.

"Lovely lass, I saw you on the beach yesterday and decided introductions were in order," he said lightly as he removed his head and swept into a gentlemanly bow. "I am Captain Xavier Blackheart and I most certainly never seen a rare gem like you before."

Arrow glared at the man with pure hatred. "You destroyed our homes without reason, Captain."

His smile grew wider and in that moment, he was almost handsome. "Why yes, I did. I believe you've heard the story," he said dismissively with the wave of his hand.

"What do you want?" she asked as she struggled to keep herself afloat.

His eyes sparkled. "Don't you know? Why else would I trick you and only you into coming to save a poor boy like Marcus," he said with a chuckle as his eyes narrowed dangerously. "I know what you are and I used that to my advantage."

Appalled, Arrow stared at him in horror as the blood drained from her face. She had been a fool and now she was going to be kidnapped. Doing all she could think of, she began to scream with all her might and the Captain's eyes grew stormy. Her voice carried all the way back to the village and echoed around the island.

Rough hands grabbed her creamy pale skin and dragged her into the small boat before another bound her hands together and gagged her with a piece of black cloth, muffling her screams and she huffed angrily.

Looking to island, the Captain watched the villagers gather on the beach and smiled with satisfaction.

"Say goodbye to your prized treasure, she's mine now!" he shouted and gave a taunting wave as his men began to back paddle farther away from the island.

"You won't get away with this, Blackheart!" a raging voice thundered from the beach and Arrow recognized that voice belonging to Talon and her heart leapt in her chest as she stared at them pleadingly.

Theo, can you hear? Please tell me you can!"

The leopard gave a startled jerk and rose on his hind legs on the beach where she could see.

I can hear you, Arrow!

She sighed with relief as tears filled her eyes. They are bringing me to their island. Warm Amil that he knows about my ability and that he may use it to his advantage! I'll try my best to break free!

I will, Arrow... The voice was tiny and small and filled with grief which increased the pain in her heart. She watched the island fade smaller and smaller until she couldn't see her friends on the beach anymore and turned to glare murderously at the Captain.

He grinned down at her. "My dear, you will be comfortable in my home, this I promise. However, you have to earn your keep. I want to know when I will get that damned island," he said, cupping her chin in his grip and it tightened when she tried to jerk her head free.

Her eyes were blazing flames of bright emerald and he laughed, pleased with this response.

"How I enjoy seeing the flames!" he said with delight and released her chin to gaze at his ship waiting in the distance with the rest of his crew.

He nodded, pleased with the day's work. "This shall be interesting indeed..."

Arrow looked around helplessly and sunk her head in defeat.

What have I gotten myself into? What do I do?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Captured by a sexy pirate?
Doesn't seem all that bad to me ^^

lAuRa