Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

When morning came, Arrow woke to the sounds of the sea and nothing else. No birds of paradise, no comforting chatter from the villagers. All that there was, was the simply breeze in the trees and the waves washing against the shore. Laying where she was in the little cubby hole the Captain had called a room on an old cot, she stared up at the cieling and sighed. She was going nowhere.

At least she had Theo now for company. Smiling, she rolled her head to the side and saw her sleeping companion until his eyes opened to reveal the sea and her smile widened as she reached over and stroked his head while he began to purr.

"Good morning, Theo," she murmured lovingly as he gazed at her in adoration.

Good morning, Arrow

When the door flew open, Arrow gave a startled squeak of protest and drew the blankets to her chin while Theo jumped to his feet and emitted a threatening growl, his ears flat back and fangs bared dangerously.

Xavier stared down at the sight before him with a curious raised eyebrow. The little leopard was ready and prepared to tear his throat out if he so much as stepped foot over the threshold. He looked to Arrow and saw her pale features and wide eyes of surprise.

"It's time to get up, I have a proposition for you," he said simply before closing the door, leaving Arrow flustered and confused.

Rolling her eyes in frustration, she tossed the old blanket aside and rose to her feet. She attempted to tame her wild curls as Theo smoothed down his fur and stretched out luxuriously, his jaw opening wide with a yawn and shook his head to wake himself up.

What do you think he wants? His blue eyes watched Arrow she brushed her fingers through her hair and gazed out the window to her freedom.

"I don't know, but I suppose we are about to find out," she said with a sigh as she beckoned to him and stepped outside into the main room where Xavier waited, gazing out the windows as the rain poured down.

In the silence, she used this to her advantage and got a good look at the Captain who had bombed her island home. His shoulders were broad in the simple black shirt he wore with a trim waist and long legs. His hair curled at the ends, sweeping just under the collar and his arms were muscular as he held his hands behind his back.

"Do you like what you see?" he murmured quietly and caused Arrow's face to flush as she silently cursed herself.

"I was thinking you look like the devil himself," she lied with distain and situated herself in a chair, patting her legs so Theo jumped up and curled on her lap. Soon, he would be too big to be able to sit on her lap like this.

Xavier chuckled and turned away from the window with a wry smile. "The devil, eh? Have you ever seen the devil in the flesh, Arrow?"

She gave him a stony look. "I'm looking at him right now."

His chuckle turned into laughter as he shook his head and moved to the small tea tray he had prepared and held out a cup for her. She accepted it in silence and sniffed the tea before deciding it was safe and took a sip. The warmth was welcoming in the chilly morning atmosphere and she wrapped her hands around it, eyeing the Captain.

"What do you want with me, Captain and don't feed me lies," she said seriously, getting right down to business and the steel blue eyes widened in admiration. He was obviously impressed with her frankness.

"What I want with you, my dear, is your ability to forsee future events," he said honestly, keeping to himself the other part of the reason he had kidnapped her to himself. What she didn't know, wouldn't hurt her.

The leaf green eyes narrowed. "I only just learned of this ability, so I have no idea how to use it."

He smiled knowingly. "Oh? How did you see the boy drowning in the ocean then?" he countered.

She looked away thoughtfully and frowned, tilting her head. "I'm not entirely sure...I just did," she admitted with a shrug and he squinted at her suspiciously.

She faced him head on, having nothing to hide and Xavier sighed and sat back in his chair comfortably, eyeing her carefully.

"Certain events should trigger your gifts, I believe. I'm thinking of attempting another bombing on your precious island," he said smoothly and watched those uniquely seafoam green eyes glow.

"You do and I promise it will be the last thing you'll ever do," she threatened, maintaining a calm composure on the outside, though the man made her blood boil.

Sensing her tension and growing anger, Theo lifted his head and growled lowly in the back of his throat, glaring across at Xavier who just grinned boyishly.

"I truly do love when you get angry. It's a sight to see," he said with amusement before the smile disappeared and those steel blue eyes hardened and caused a chill to run down her spine. "However, I don't take kindly to being threatened by a mere woman of your caliber."

She lifted her chin proudly and returned the glare. She would not back down, he knew and decided she would have to be knocked down a peg or two. Rising to his feet, he looked to the growling animal on her lap.

"If you don't want to die, I suggest you go and do some hunting for a little while," he said with raised eyebrows and the cat snarled dangerously while Arrow frowned with worry. She rested a hand on his head and the growling stopped instantly and he peered up at her carefully, his eyes concerned and sad.

She managed a smile. "It's okay, your probably hungry anyway I'm sure. I'll be alright," she reassured and gave him a gentle nudge. He jumped from her lap and headed toward the door, growling at Xavier as he past and disappeared.

Folding her hands on her lap, Arrow faced the Captain with steely determination.

"Something special you want to talk about?" she asked sarcastically with the tilt of her head and Xavier narrowed his eyes and stepped closer as the rain grew louder and stronger as it hit the top of the cottage's roof.

Reaching out, he grabbed a handful of her hair and jerked her head back but she didn't make a sound. Instead she glared at him with all the hatred she could muster and he found himself oddly surprised. Even the Chief never looked at him with this much negative emotions. He was sure he didn't like her looking at him like that.

"On this island, I am the boss and as such, I demand respect," he said carefully, his face inches from her own as he towered over her in a dominating stance. "As a woman, you will not speak to me as you have been doing, lass."

She spat in his face. "I will speak to you in whatever manner I wish, you snake!"

Blood boiling, he wiped the saliva from his face carefully with calculated movements and looked at her seriously.

"Do you know what I usually do to women who dare spit in my face?" he asked, dangerously quite and saw the first spark of fear in her green eyes.

"Should I care?" she breathed, her pride making her go on and his smile was slow and sinister.

"Why don't I educate you?" he asked and hauled back, slapping her so hard she flew from the seat she sat upon.

A gasp escaped her lips as she sat up, cradling her cheek and stared at him in horror and angry confusion.

"I swear to god you are just like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!" she cried, her cheek turning into an angry red welt and he straightened.

"Do you finally understand, or shall I continue?" he asked, ignoring her last statement while she rubbed her aching cheek and glared.

"It will take a lot more than that to break me, you swine," she hissed, her eyes filling with angry tears and he almost laughed at her invincible pride.

Leaning over, he grabbed her arm roughly and yanked her to her feet before pushing her toward his bedchamber. He saw the moment she realised where he was taking her and began to fight back with everything she had. She used her teeth, her nails and every piece of her body in order to protect herself and stay away from that wooden door.

He took in all in stride without flinching and blocked most of her attempts, except when she raked her nails along the side of his face, drawing blood and his eyes clouded with an umpending storm. He shoved her into his room, all the politeness long gone and tossed her onto his bed.

Her green eyes were wide now with fear as she drew her legs close to her body, her hands curled into his blankets in fists, her chest rising and falling rapidly with each shaky breath. He had never seen anything more beautiful and wild. He vowed that he would be the one to tame her.

When he removed his shirt, her eyes grew like saucers and filled with fearful tears as she began to shake her head.

"You are not touching me," she said in horror, her voice trembling as she backed farther up the bed away from him.

"I am and I will, little hellcat," he said deviously with a devilish glint in his eyes as he walked to the side of the bed and grabbed a hold of her leg.

She gave a startled cry and attempted to kick him away, to struggle for freedom but he clamped a bruising hand on her other leg and yanked her across the bed toward him. The more she struggled, the rougher he got until the bruises began to appear across her creamy skin and she burst into tears.

"Okay, I get it! I'll stop," she cried, shielding her face with her hands as she broke down and he lifted an eyebrow.

"Do you think your tears will stop me? I am the most ruthless man you will ever meet, lass. It's about time you figured that out. I have no mercy," he said seriously as he began to unbuckle his trousers and her sobbing grew hysterical.

"Please, don't...please, please don't hurt me," she sobbed, not wanting him to see her face while she cried and begged him for the mercy he claimed didn't have. She felt his hands travel the length of her lean legs, riding closer to her hips and thighs and she struggled for control. If she was going to get out of this mess, she was going to need a clear head.

She struggled with her breathing, trying to ignore his roaming hands and stopped crying. The hysteria faded and her head was finally clear. She began to think, to plan for her escape while he began to disrobe her. When she felt her shirt being removed, she latched onto it and held it in place, glaring at him in disgust.

"You will not have this body, Captain. I am one woman who will not give herself freely to the likes of you," she said angrily, forgetting her plans and careful thoughts because of pride and dignity.

He looked down at her in amusement as if this were simply a game he enjoyed to play. He lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh?" he questioned as he traced circles on her inner thigh and she cursed her body for reacting to the simple, light touch and fought back a shiver. His smile widened when he saw her eyes darken. "Your eyes give you away, Arrow."

Confused and angry, she wondered where his new sudden playful mood had come from. She stared at him as if he had grown an extra limb while he smiled down at her through light, teasing silver blue eyes. He stopped tracing circles and ran his hands down the length of her legs, watching his hands with an odd tenderness that puzzled Arrow further.

"You are crazy," she snapped and went to jerk her legs free, but he held them firmly, that familiar steely look returning to his eyes until she forced herself to relax and the teasing, light look returned.

"Probably...when I feel emotions, I feel them too much," he said quietly as he resumed tracing light feathery patterns over her flesh and she swallowed a rising lump in her throat. She had never been touched this way by a man before and now her body betrayed her as she grit her teeth.

"What do you mean?" she whispered and watched his face carefully for the return of the devilish side of him as he sighed and tilted his head.

"You know when you feel happy, it's moderate. It's the same with being angry, or annoyed; you feel only a little piece of that emotion because you are in control. I however, am certainly not in control of my emotions," he said and gave a light shrug, refusing to meet her probing gaze. "I feel only one emotion at a time. I have no room for more than one."

"You really are crazy..." she murmured with wide eyes and his head snapped up, causing her breathing to stop at the intensity she saw there.

"It doesn't mean I'm crazy, it means I'm different," he said seriously as slowly, the heated emotion faded from his eyes and he bit his lower lip. "I've always been different..."

As much as she wanted to hate him, to be angry and to scream and kick, there was something in the way he moved, the way he acted when he was calm and in a sharing mood that made her pity him. After all, he was just a young man with a lot of problems. He had been exiled from his island for being different, and had no choice but to kill and strike fear into the hearts of the people on Treasure Island in order to survive. That would take its toll on anyone's mind, she believed.

"Have you any intention of raping me?" she asked bluntly and watched his head lift, the surprise clear in his icy gaze. "If you don't, I would like to fix myself and get out of this uncomfortable position."

He frowned and narrowed his eyes suspiciously before stepping away from her with a look of shame. Arrow pulled herself up and quickly fixed her top and skirt while she watched him replace his shirt and buckle his trousers, his face red and oddly adorable when he stole a quick glance at her.

"Forgive me, I was out of line. You have a very strong free will, and I can see there is nothing that could tame that," he said with a crooked smile of admiration that faded to a pleading look. "However, in front of my men, could you try to behave?"

The look on his face and the way he spoke the last five words had Arrow laughing despite the situation. The redness in his cheek grew brighter and he looked away awkwardly, stopping at the door with his arms folded.

"I'm not sure I find this very funny. My life and position on this island is at stake, or would you rob me of another home?" he asked softly and stopped Arrow's laughter as she stared at his form in sympathy.

"Of course I have no desire to do. Losing one home is hard enough," she said quietly as she thought of the life she left behind. She wondered where she would be, what she would be doing right now if she were back home. She wondered about her family and her heart began to ache.

"Does this mean you'll try?" he asked, looking at her over his shoulder with a hopeful expression and Arrow sighed, knowing this would most likely come back and blow up in her face.

"I'm sure we can come to an arrangement," she said as she climbed to her feet and held out her hand.

Captain Xavier Blackheart accepted the awaiting hand with a wry smile and shook it.

"Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Crazy people are interesting...to a certain extent ^^

lAuRa