Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

Fairytale

The Captain watched her weave her way through his men with utter ease, avidly dodging their wandering hands with amazing grace. She was dressed in the best the island had to offer, black trousers tailored to fit her frame and a tight black corset frothed in black lace with satin ribbons weaved down the front. He found it hard to keep his eyes on her face and not her creamy flesh that seemed almost translucent in the light of the pub.

"How are you doing, darlin'?" one of the female matron's asked when she stopped by on her rounds to deliver drinks, heavily masked with makeup and dressed in a gaudy gown of turquoise.

He watched the exchange, saw the polite smile from Arrow before she continued on her way, deftly dodging any other roaming hands and ignoring snide or rude comments as she did so. He was enthralled with her, utterly fascinated with her personality and her appearance. He had never met someone like her before and wondered if she was a gift from the Heaven's specially created just for him.

He was brought from his reverie when his most trusted man, Jack appeared at his right hand side and he turned his attention to the tall, bruiser of a man, the light reflecting off his bald head like a mirror.

"So inform me of the going ons of the village," he demanded after gesturing Jack to sit in the unoccupied chair. It bothered him that Arrow had recently sat there and usually did, but now someone else was. It unnerved him that it actually caused a disturbance inside of him because of that fact.

Jack gave a wry smile. "Seems their planning for battle. They had their boats ready to go and the villagers seem to be hushed and not out and about as usual."

The corners of his lips curled. He liked a good battle. "A fight eh? Well if that's what they want, I guess I have no choice but to comply."

Jack gave a hearty chuckle and eyed his Captain carefully. He wondered if the man knew his eyes had been trained on the lovely redhead the entire conversation and seemed to follow her every move possessively.

"She's a nice gal, ain't she, Captain?" he asked casually and chugged from his tankard heartily all the while aware that the Captain had now turned his gaze on him. He could almost feel the daggers piercing the side of his face where the stormy eyes glared.

"Are you going somewhere with this, Jack, because I have no time or patience for idle chit chat," he responded in that low tone of his that sent chills down Jack's spine though he showed no discomfort and gave a light shrug.

"Just having a conversation. After all, it's impossible not to notice you've been staring at the girl all night long," he murmured and leaned forward to look straight into the heartless eyes of his Captain. He was surprised to find a flicker of emotion there and narrowed his eyes further. "What's going on, Captain? You always know you can trust me, that my loyalty lies with you and you only."

Xavier narrowed his eyes before softening the glare and heaving a sigh, turning his gaze back to Arrow who was now talking to the nicer men of the crew and laughing at something they had said. He felt a twinge of jealousy and grit his teeth while his friend observed curiously.

"She's a rare find, Jack. Not only does she possess a gift that's greatly useful to us, she is also from the other side of this damn barrier," he said with passion, his eyes dark. The expression softened into a look Jack had never seen before. A look of longing and loneliness. "She's the key to the rest of the world, one I have dreams about."

This was the first time Jack ever heard of the strange dreams of his Captain. His bushy brows lifted in surprise, but he didn't push. He remained silent until his friend continued after a sigh and tilted his head, watching Arrow like a puzzle he just couldn't figure out.

"I've dreamed of tall, tall buildings that reach high into the sky and gleam in the sunlight like mirrors. There are these mechanisms that fill the streets on wheels and pollute the air. People fill the streets in strange clothing and appearances and the noise is like nothing I've ever heard before. Somehow Jack, I think I have been there before. I just don't know where or when, but I do know it's beyond this barrier. She's my ticket to finding out who I really am, Jack and why I feel so lost."

The admission surprised Jack beyond belief. He stared at his Captain long and hard until the man he knew as ruthless turned and met his gaze with an unreadable expression, though his eyes betrayed the conflict of emotions inside of his soul. Jack gave a nod as he processed all of this and couldn't help but wonder about the world beyond as well. He had always been a curious man after all.

He chugged the rest of his ale and looked at the Captain pointedly. "If this is what you really want, Captain why don't you ask the lady to tell you about it? Find out as much as you can and use her gift to see outside the barrier. Seers have been known to project time and again," he suggested as the steel eyes grated into him.

Xavier stroked his bare chin, his eyes thoughtful as he watched Arrow roam about cheerfully as she did her usual rounds. The men had started to like her, he noticed. When someone got out of hand with her, there was always two more to guard her back and pummel the man who had done the wrong. She was an unusual creature, and she enticed him beyond belief. He thought of what had transpired the day before when they both were heated with passion.

He remembered how soft and fragile she looked, how untamed and goddess-like with her nimbus of explosive red hair spread about her. Her lips were full and soft like velvet and her cheeks were rosy, eyes clouded with desire.

"Are you in the mood?" he drawled.

He remembered watching her slowly drift out of a dreamy fairytale into reality and her eyes widen in surprise. Her lips had parted and she stared at him as if it were the first time she had ever been asked that question. Part of him wondered if it really had been.

After a few moments, she regained her composure and shoved his head away from hers and proceeded to climb to her feet, turning her back to him.

"There is a lot of chemistry between us, Xavier, I'll give you that," she said quietly, her voice sultry and seductive. She turned and pinned him with a green eyed stare that took his breath away with surprise and desire.

"When and if I decide to allow things further between us, it will certainly not only be because of desire and lust. I am not the type to sleep with someone because we have really good chemistry. I've saved myself for the man I love and I'm not willing to just let it go after I've made it this far. Intimacy is not something to just throw around to however is willing, it is a sacred bond between two people who are in love and is the greatest gift to share."

He was brought back from his memories when heard the sound of Arrow's voice floating his way. He blinked and lifted his head, everything around him coming back into focus as did the noise of his men in the pub having a grand old time as always. Looking, he saw her making her rounds toward him smiling as she went. She looked tired and hot. So very hot.

She sighed heavily and drew another seat to the small table where they sat and plopped down. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and smiled at Jack.

"Man, is it busy in here tonight! I pity these waitresses and bartenders!" she said truthfully as she began to fan herself with her hands, her eyes unusually bright as she tried to cool down.

Jack smiled. "Tis a hard job with this lot, but the pay is always good and the women enjoy it," he said with a wink and crooked smile that made her laugh while the Captain watched with envy, his gaze zeroed in on a bead of sweat that travelled it's way down her throat to her bosom.

His friend noticed this and lifted a brow, his grin growing wider and looked to Arrow with a pleasant smile and rose to his feet. He lifted his tankard to the Captain and bowed to Arrow before leaving the two of them alone at the table.

Arrow watched one of her favourite people walk away to join the ranks and the noise of the others in the crew. After watching them interact with each other, she realised they were a tight knit group like the villagers back home on the other island; it was a relief to see they weren't so different after all.

"So," she began as she turned in her seat to regard the Captain but found herself frozen in place when she met his eyes.

They were unreadable and so intense, her body felt paralyzed though her eyes widened in surprise and confusion. His stare was unnerving and looked like the devil sitting there in his black outfit with silver trim, the shadow of his hat shielding his eyes that still seemed to glow from within like shards of diamond.

Feeling unnerved and uncomfortable, she shifted in her chair and swallowed nervously as she forced herself to stare back at him, though a blush had crept up to her cheeks.

"Is something wrong?" she asked quietly so no one else would hear, but he simply remained silent and continued to watch her carefully, his eyes piercing into her soul. Oddly enough, she felt violated as if he had undressed her with his hands instead of his calculating eyes.

Finally, he tilted his head up further so the shadow from his hat disappeared to reveal his face and the corners of his lips were tilted up wolfishly. Automatically, she went on alert and gazed at him wearily and watched as he lifted a hand and crooked a finger at her. Surprised and confused, she rose to her feet and closed the distance between them, leaning down wondering if he had something to tell her.

She cried out in surprise when his hands wound around her waist and drew her onto his lap. Instinctively, her arms wrapped around his neck so she wouldn't fall backwards onto the floor. Every man in the pub cheered and whistled while the flames climbed from her neck to her face and she glared down into the cheery eyes of Xavier.

"What, pray tell, do you think your doing?" she hissed, her eyes flashing and he rolled his eyes with a grin before smoothing his hand down her back to cup her ass and squeeze, causing her eyes to glitter and narrow dangerously.

"I believe I am man handling you, my dear," he said deviously with that evil glint in his eye while his men roared with laughter and watched on with amusement.

Arrow managed a smile, though she swore hot steam was coming from her ears as her blood boiled beneath her flesh. She dug her fingers into his shoulder and saw him wince slightly, but remained composed.

"I don't allow inappropriate touching if you remember correctly, Captain" she said omniously causing a few of the crew members nearby who had heard, to exchange a grinning glance.

Xavier relished in the dark glitter of her eyes, the rosy cheeks and the stiff way she held herself while her delicate fingers dug harshly into his shoulder in warning. He knew he should back off because he would pay for it later, but oh, he loved a good fight!

Grinning like a mad man, he traced his hand along her ass and up her thigh while he watched those eyes grow brighter with rage. She struggled with her smile in front of his men until his hand came too close for comfort to the center of her being. With a hard shove, she thrust herself to her feet and glared down at him in pure rage.

"I've had just about enough of your games, Captain," she hissed through clenched teeth and looked ready to rip him to shreds, when Jack appeared laughing heartily and rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Come now, you know the Captain, love," he said knowingly and Arrow turned to him with a deathly glare that had him removing his hand. He chuckled again and looked around the room with a grin. "Fiesty one, isn't she lads?"

A roar of approval filled the air as men banged their tankards down onto the wooden table tops and caught off guard with suddenly being the center of attention, Arrow looked around in surprise before glaring down at Xavier who sat there with a smug smile as if he had won this round. Narrowing her eyes, Arrow turned away to make another round and began to plot.

Captain Xavier was going to find out how wrong he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, another update! ^^
Sorry it took so long!

Updates will be occuring every Friday

lAuRa