Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

Colors, Lights and Sweet Revenge Pt. 2

After what seemed like hours, Arrow finally gave a huff and sat down on the cave floor to rest. The Captian paused, looking over his shoulder and smiled. Walking over, he knelt down beside her and tilted his head.

"Tired, are we?" he teased, his eyes a glow with mischief.

Lifting her head, she glanced at him carefully just wondering what it was he had planned. She knew there was an ulterior motive for bringing her so far from everyone else; she just had yet to figure out what it was. She was all the more prepared to defend herself if she needed to. She had run over senarios inside her mind along the journey through the watery caves to make sure she could escape if it came down to it.

Reaching up, she pushed her wild flame colored drying curls away from her face. "Just a little. We've been walking for some time and as much as I love the scenery, I'm a little afraid we're going to get lost if we are not careful."

He gave a snort and pushed himself to his feet, smiling down at her with a cocky air about him. "Of course we won't get lost. This is my sanctuary so I know every crook and cranny in this place. Fear not, my dear Arrow. We will make it out alive." He held out his hand.

With narrowed eyes of suspicion, she accepted his hand and allowed herself to be pulled to her feet. Together, they continued onwards toward their destination. They moved through the tunnels with ease, especially the Captain. It made her wonder if he had been telling the truth. It also made her wonder how lonely of a childhood he had to have wondered this sanctuary of his alone. The thought made her heart sad. She could never imagine the loneliness he must have endured all these years.

They walked on and on until the Captain lifted a hand, a signal to stop and she frowned curiously. Leaning to the side, she tried to see what he was blocking and was astonished to discover light coming from a large opening at the far end. He glanced over his shoulder with a smile that made her heart jump sporatically deep in her chest and the breath rush from her lungs. Embarrased, she blushed a scarlet red and was glad he couldn't see.

She gave a startled jump when he reached back and took her delicate hand in his, leading the way toward the light.

"This is my secret place. Promise me you will never tell anyone about what you are about to see," he said seriously, his voice merely a whisper as they neared.

Beyond curious now, Arrow nodded in agreement and followed after him. The light became brighter the closer they neared the opening until it blinded her. Squinting her eyes shut tightly against the bright light, she lifted her hand to shield. Slowly opening an eye to see what it was he wanted to show her, she caught a glimpse as her eyes adjusted.

Jaw dropping in amazement, her hand lowered as if a dead limb and her eyes grew wide as saucers. There hidden deep inside the maze of tunnels and underwater caverns was something she had only read in books, a place that defied everything in the world.

Mushrooms as big as trees towered above her, shading from a source of sunlight. The sound of rushing water echoed around the strange place with towering mountains made of black onyx in the distance. Green moss covered the rocky floor and felt wonderful beneath her bare feet. Speechless, she stepped forward into the strange unearthly jungle of mushrooms and ferns. Reaching out, she touched one and was amazed to find it felt like the ones above. The sound of windchimes passed overhead and she lifted her eyes to see a flock of horse sized dragons of all the colors of the rainbow pass over. The scales glittered vividly in the light, reflecting rainbows with each beat of their massive wings.

Stepping further into the world inside of a world, she could see waterfalls cascading down from the black mountains and rolling hills of moss to fill what seemed to be a giant lake in the center of it all. She gave a startled gasp when the surface broke and a large water horse appeared. The face was very much the same, but the ears fanned out into fins that wiggled as the beast shook its head.

"Holy crap," she breathed, unable to tear her eyes away from the strangeness of what she was seeing. She swallowed, trying not to faint by the overload of her brain trying to process something so illogical and impossible. "It's the Lockness Monster."

The Captain chuckled and lifted his fingers to his lips. He took a deep breath and whistled, the sound travelling far and wide. When the beast turned its head to look at the source of the sound, it opened its mouth and let out a sound much like an Orca and began to swim over.

Arrow stepped away in fear, her heart unable to take anymore and black dots filled her vision before she faded completely. The last thing she felt was the strong arms of the Captain before everything vanished.

Within the darkness, she began to hear a voice and sounds of rushing water. Slowly the sounds grew stronger and she felt herself returning as she peeked open her eyes. She winced back away from the bright light until it softened and she made another attempt. There above her hovered the strange beast-like creature gazing down at her with intelligent silvery blue eyes. It let out a quiet moan, the sound so peaceful and unrealistic, she thought she was dreaming.

As she grew more aware, her eyes widened as her heart began to race. Letting out a cry, she scrambled away from the water's edge and slammed back into the Captain, knocking him over with a thump. Clutching at him hysterically, he grabbed her in a vice grip and held her still as she breathed rapidly, eyes locked onto the monster that tilted its head and watched her curiously.

"Calm down," he commanded firmly, his eyes flashing as he forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were too bright and it bothered him. He gave her a tiny slap watching those eyes blink in surprise. "I don't need you fainting on me again."

Arrow took a deep breath and forced her heart to steady and waited until her breathing slowed before she looked around. This time she could rationalize everything and accepted what she saw. She was glad that this time around she could see and think clearly. Rising to her feet, she gazed at the beast who towered over her. It let out a whine and lowered its large head to her, gazing into her eyes with what seemed to be concern.

Brows furrowed, she stared back into its eyes wondering how it was possible this thing existed. Awed she reached out hesitantly and the eyes followed that hand without fear and without hesitation leaned closer to she could touch. Those eyes closed at contact and Arrow let out the breath she had been holding, trailing her hand along it's wet rubbery skin. She had touched a dolphin before and it felt much the same.

"What is this place?" she asked softly, gazing around with her hand gently stroking the watery beast beside her. Dragons filled the air, their voices like soft windchimes as they called to one another. The sound was so peaceful to Arrow as she closed her eyes.

The Captain smiled as he watched her. With her wild fiery hair and her natural appearance, this hidden sanctuary suited her. She looked as though she belonged, as though she had created this place with magic especially for her. His smile widened as she began to murmur to his water friend, stroking her face with a smile.

"This is my friend, Luna," he said as he strode over to join them, patting her head when she turned to nudge him, obviously very fond of him. "I met her the first time I ever found this place. I was just a child when I declared this my home away from home. Whenever I got lonely I would come here and play with the friends I had made. I never questioned how this place came to be, or why it was here. I was just happy it was. The creatures are very friendly, never dangerous either so I made them my family."

Stunned, Arrow stared at him as her heart began to ache. He must have been such a lonely child, all alone after the islanders had abandoned him to defend for himself. Tears formed in her eyes despite herself and her soul reached out to him. As soon as she felt the feeling, a gentle white mist flowed from within her chest and surrounded him, curling around his body like a caress.

She gasped. "What is that? It came from my body," she said, bewildered as he looked down at himself and smiled.

"Here in this place, emotions are visible and can be transferred. What you had just felt in that moment was for me, so it came out in a form of smoke and transferred to me so it could be felt. There are many things here that are very much different from the world above."

She took a deep breath and watched as the white ribbons of smoke seeped into his skin and he closed his eyes. When he reopened them, they were warm and loving as he gazed at her with a gentle smile.

"I thank you for your feelings," he said softly. "It is the truth that my childhood had been a very lonely one. I had no friends and the adults frowned down at me as if I did not belong. I was an outcast within my own family, the black sheep as you would call it." His gaze lowered and she could see the sorrow hidden there, swirling in the depths of despair.

Tears filled her eyes once more, but she forced them back and swallowed the lump in her throat. "So you discovered this place and made the creatures here your friends. There is nothing wrong with that. It's true that they are very welcoming and affectionate," she said with a smile as Luna touched her gently with her nose, her eyes smiling.

The strong sound of beating wings came from above and together they gazed up to see two dragons descending upon them. Arrow jumped aside, clutching to the Captain in amazement as they touched ground gracefully. They were magnificent beasts, just as such as the ones in legends and stories she had seen and read back home. They stood proudly with glistening scales of silver and gold, the heavy large wings folding back. Talons as large as her torso dug into the moss, gleaming like diamonds. Massive heads stared down at them through topaz eyes.

The Captain bent his head down to her ear. "These two are the King's regents."

Confused, Arrow glanced at him. Before she could speak, another dragon landed without so much as a sound and she gawked. This dragon was the bigger then the two golden ones standing on either side, its scales glittering all the colors of the rainbow, the image of diamonds. It stared at her through highly intelligent aquamarine gemstone eyes.

Feeling slightly sick, Arrow rested a hand on her stomach as she tried to slow her breathing. This was becoming too much for her human mind to handle. The eyes finally released her from their grip and looked to the Captain instead. Arrow was shocked when he released her to bow down on one knee before the monstrous creature.

We welcome you. It has been some time since you have last visited this place, Xavier.

Arrow froze, eyes wide as her heart stuttered. Was she going crazy from sensory overload or had she really just heard a voice inside of her head?

Gazing up at the towering, dazzling dragon she wondered. His eyes flickered to hers and pinned her. Her mouth worked, but she couldn't find the words to say. Glancing to the Captain she stared, her mouth open like a fish. He laughed and rubbed her arm reassuringly and looked up.

"Yes, indeed it has. Goliath, I would like to introduce you to this lovely woman," he said, smiling down at her. "This fiery haired fairy is Arrow. She comes from the outside world beyond the barrier and has an exceptional talent for seeing into the future."

The dragon hummed with intrigue and lowered his head to look at her better. Arrow blanched as the head grew larger until it swallowed up the surroundings around it. It was the biggest thing she had ever seen in her life. Swallowing, she managed to find her voice.

"H-hello," she squeaked and dug her nails into Xavier's bicep.

Hmm. Yes, indeed. I can sense a strong magical aura about her. She has a very powerful soul, this one. It is a pleasure to meet you, Seer. I am the King of this land, Goliath

Arrow said nothing as she gazed up at the dragons of legend through alert, fresh eyes as though she had died and been reborn into a world that should have been. Never had she seen anything so beautiful in her life and she was in awe.

All three dragons slowly stretched out their lengthly wings, ready to take flight.

Come, my son. It has been too long and Quiya has been worrying.

I'm surprised I haven't suffered a heart attack yet, Arrow thought in horror as she watched the Captain climb along the diamond scales of the dragon to sit on its back. Unsure, she remained frozen where she was. As if moving in slow motion, the towering dragon reared back and extended a hand.

Do not fear us, child. We wish you no harm.

The voice was deep and soft, layered with kindess and reassurance.

Hesitantly she stepped forward and cautiously touched a diamond talon to hoist herself into the open palm. She squeaked when she began to rise until she was eye level with his own. Staring into it, she could see the swirling colors of turquoise and silver. Reaching out with shaking hands, she grasped onto his hardened scales and lifted herself onto his head. From there she turned and slid down his long neck into Xavier, who wrapped his arms around her and smiled.

"Isn't this something?" he asked, his eyes alight.

Unable to hide it, she let herself go and smiled as the excitement and anticipation coursed through her body, filling her veins with adrenaline. Wings began to beat, sending down strong gusts of wind that rippled the water's surface and Luna lifted a thick fin to wave, giving out a whine as they lifted into the air.

Arrow stared up at the clouds, the breeze warm and tropical. Down below, she watched the rolling hills pass by to give a view of a thick jungle of palm trees, vines and vividly colored flowers. Streams rolled along throughout the land, waterfalls gleaming in the sunlight. Everything was lush with foliage and plants she had never before seen. The water was crystal clear with strange humanlike creatures from mermaids to forest nymphs.

Arrow found herself entranced by the etheral beauty and wanted to explore. Gazing over her shoulder, she looked at the Captain who simply smiled back at her. She was extremely touched that he trusted her enough to reveal such a place to her. Looking away, she was suddenly disheartened with the fact that if anyone discovered this place, they would destroy it. She didn't want that to happen.

However...nothing can be hidden forever. Only, no one expected it to happen so soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't updated this story in about a year...for that I apologize. I'm having a real good day, so I typed one out without any trouble at all. ^^ Hope you enjoyed it and if not..well, I'm a little rusty so please bare with it!

lAuRa