Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

Fateful Storm

Arrow held on tight as they soared through the skies, the breeze warm and tropical with the captain snuggled in behind her. She watched the body of water glisten in the sunlight from above reflected off of the shimmering walls surrounding the enclosure.

Xavier watched her in silence, his heartbeat somehow steady and sure. He had never felt more comfortable with another human being as he did in that very moment. He had never hoped to find someone like her; someone to love. His heart gave a steady, deep and almost painful thump. With a frown, he reached up to tough the space over his heart.

Pay attention now and hold tight.

The couple was roused from their thoughts as they focused down below revealing a sanctuary covered in dragons. At the far end rested a top a moss covered hill rested a giant sized nest made of grass, moss and twigs. In the center of the nest rested the most elegant dragon compared to the others. The features were smooth and elegant giving it a definitive feminine appearance. Jewled amethyst eyes lifted to watch as they lowered to the cavern floor safely.

I have brought you something special, Quiya.

Arrow stared at the graceful female dragon as she rose from her nestled postion in the nest. Her scales glittered a beautiful seashell pink with differents hues of a scarlet sunset. Her body was sleek, her features and attributes less fierce then the males of her kind. She stood tall and poised like a Queen as her bejeweled eyes found them.

Xavier, my child!

There was much love and affection in the soft spoken voice that echoed in their minds. Her head lowered down, her eyes soft as she pressed her cheek against his and Xavier chuckled, placing his hands on her strong jaw.

"It's been a long time, Quiya," he said quietly with a warm smile as Arrow stood off to the side awkwardly near Goliath.

She watched the exchange, seeing a strange yet definite family as the smaller dragons cooed and gathered as if welcoming him home. A smile lifted the corner of her lips as she watched the exchange and captured the beautiful dragon's eye. Her massive head turned slowly away from her adopted son to face her, the scales suddenly quivering on her body. Subconsciously, Arrow took a step back feeling a hostile and uncertain energy coming from the female body.

A low hiss escaped through the sharp teeth of the dragon, Quiya. She seemed displeased as her eye roamed her from head to toe before a slightly confused expression formed. She tilted her head, her sharp eyes moving to Goliath as she raised her head. Arrow found herself under her watchful gaze again as the female smoothed down her scales, settling down curiously.

I feel something from this one...who are you girl?

Arrow swallowed nervously as she hesitantly stepped forward at the urging nudge from the monstrous dragon beside her and Xavier's assuring smile.

"My name is Arrow," she murmured, trying to keep herself from moving her hands nervously. "I am from beyond the barrier."

The jewelled eyes widened in surprise. The captain stepped in to explain the situation while the dragons listened intently.

Goliath stood regally beside his mate, turning a loving eye onto her form.

She possess very strong powers, does she not?

Quiya bumped her mate's cheek with her own and looked down at Arrow, who stole a worried glance at Xavier.

Indeed...it is almost nostalgic. The aura surrounding her is very peaceful and warm.

Arrow frowned and looked to the superior dragons with curiosity. "Aura?"

The pair nestled down into their massive nest, the smaller dragons surrounding them settling down in their own as well, their eyes rested on the newcomers with intrigue.

Yes. The voice came from Goliath as he looked down at her affectionately. This aura is something we dragons are very familiar with. It has been many a millennia since we have last been in the presence of a being with magical properties.

Xavier smiled at her. "They have been here for many, many years. When they had first come to this place, special beings resided here; beings that used magic. The very nature of their magic came from the earth and dragons are very tuned in with it as well. This caused them to harmonize with the aura of the people and helped allow them to live peaceful existences together."

She frowned after listening to the story and glanced around. "Where are the people?"

Her question hung in the air as the dragons stirred about her and Goliath let out a huff, smoke filtering out through his nose as he gazed down upon her, seeming sad.

They abandoned us to search the world above.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she looked at Xavier's serious expression. "That means..." she murmured, thinking of the villagers and how connected they were with the earth and he nodded.

"The villagers are all descendants from the people that had lived here. It would seem that some had even managed to make it beyond the barrier," he said softly with a light smile as he stroked her arm with his finger.

Arrow gazed up at the dragons, pondering over everything she had been told. "Why do you stay down here and never go above?"

A few cries rose up and gave her a fright as Quiya gave a growl to hush them. After eyeing her followers with warning, her features softened as she focused on Arrow.

We are not welcome amongst the humans anymore, my child. We are seen as dangerous and unnatural to them now. We are only legends to them.

Arrow felt a sharp pain in her chest at her words and lowered her gaze. She could feel the sadness for the dragons, having once been revered and loving of human kind only to be left abandoned and looked at as monsters. Those feelings welled up inside of her, curling outside of her body in a shimmer of light before moving like a wisp to the dragons before her. A low grumble of appreciation rumbled from their chests, acknowledging her feelings.

Do not be sad for us, child. We have accepted that the humans have created their own world above us. We are not lonely, for we have each other, Goliath murmured and a stray tear found it's way down her cheek.

A sudden electric charge filled the air and Arrow gasped in surprise at the jolt that shuddered through her body. All eyes turned to her as she suddenly looked up. Above them, strange clouds began to roll in just beyond the cave inlet they were nestled in and Goliath growled.

There is a storm coming, he said as he rose to his feet, his scales lifting in a tense posture.

Arrow felt the magnetic charge rippling over her skin as she turned to the entrance. Just beyond the entrance, a wind began to blow slowly getting stronger and stronger. It was a strange feeling, but she knew that they had to leave now.

She turned seriously to Xavier and gave a nod. "We must leave. Now."

His eyes widened in surprise as she grabbed his hand, running toward the entrance. Dragons cried from behind them and Goliath roared.

Follow the path. You will know it when you feel it!

Together they ran out into the open, the waves from the sea crashing against the rocks, the large mushroom trees almost bending to the breaking point. Her red flames whipped about her face in the wind as she pushed through, searching for the exit. As they moved, she felt a warm familiar tingle caress her skin and delve deep inside of her. She closed her eyes, accepting the warmth into herself as if memorizing the feeling. Opening her eyes, she continued forward down the path the aura was leading her.

Xavier followed close behind, grasping her hand as tightly as he could. The electric storm had turned deadly, the waters rough and forming tidal waves that could easily take them out in one sweep. She seemed to have a sense of where she was going, watching her carefully whenever she paused with her eyes closed, seeming to listen and hear something he could not before continuing onwards.

The huge waves were stretching closer and closer to where they were heading and Xavier began to grow concerned. He squeezed Arrow's hand to catch her attention but she was too focused, her eyes glowing eerily in the storm. Gritting his teeth, he yelled at her over the raging winds and tides.

"The waves are getting higher and closer! If we don't move, we are going to swept away!"

Her brow furrowed as she squeezed her eyes shut to listen, before turning to respond to him. However it was too late as a giant, frightful wave came barreling toward them. Both of them cried out, Xavier taking her into his arms tightly as they were devoured by the sea.

When sound finally came back to his ears, Xavier stirred and felt rock beneath his hands. Slowly opening his eyes, he lifted his head slowly and took in his surroundings. He saw the familiar entrance to the cave, seeing the greenery just beyond it and frowned. How had he made it this far?

Confused, he slowly sat up with a groan and cradled his head. Pressure in his ears caused a headache and his entire body was sore and bruising. Suddenly his eyes widened and a gasp escaped his lips. All reason flew out the window as he jumped to his feet and looked around frantically.

"Arrow?" he called, spinning around in horror. "Arrow!"

He had woken up alone and she was nowhere to be found.