Status: Updates Occur Every Friday

Lost Paradise

The Warrior

Feeling warm and comfortable, Arrow had no desire to get out of bed but there were things on the island to do. Amil and Honora had been kind enough to arrange for her own little hut to be built. Until it was complete, they had given her an extra space in their home for her to sleep. Surrounded with company and currently a light blanket and cushioned with feathered pillows, she stretched lazily and sighed, a smile on her lips as she opened her eyes.

Amil and Honora were long gone into the village checking on things and doing their duty as were their children, leaving her alone in the hut...until she heard footsteps and Talon loomed hugely in the doorway. Her eyes widened and her face flushed as she drew the blanket up to her chin in surprise and embarrassment.

His aquatic eyes narrowed at the sight and he tsked. "Think you can just sleep in every day while the rest of the village works? I don't think so! Get up, there is much to be done."

Shocked, she could only stare as he turned and disappeared leaving her alone once again and she released the breath she did not know she had held when he appeared. Pushing the red curls out of her face, she sat up clutching the blanket if he decided to come back for round two and shook her head.

Rising to her feet, she quickly made her cot and fished through her wardrobe Honora and Rayne had helped her with and dressed. She stole a quick glance at herself in a mirror on of the outsiders had presented to the Chief when they had arrived and saw she looked like the rest of the villagers. She wore a low leaf green sarong with a matching top sewn to fit her figure and bust. She attempted to tame her flaming curls until they hung down to her waist nicely and nodded to herself before stepping out of the hut.

The sunlight was bright and warm on her skin as she smiled and lifted her face. The salt from the ocean carried on the air and she tasted it on her tongue as she breathed deeply. All around her, the birds of paradise sang and the breeze played with the exotic trees. The sand was warm beneath her cool feet as she walked down the beach toward the center of the village. Stepping down the path into the forest, she was greeted with village life. She still had to get used to the animals that followed however.

Moving through the crowd and smiling at those who greeted her, she sought out Honora and asked what she could do. The woman looked up at her thoughtfully and smiled, a twinkle in her eye.

"How about you go find Talon? He is going into the heart of the forest today to gather special herbs I need, because it is too dangerous for me to go. You can get to explore some more," she said with a smile as she patted Arrow's cheek and left her standing with her mouth open in disbelief.

Sighing heavily, she gazed around the village and wondered where to start looking for him, if he hadn't already left. Frowning, she made her way through the rest of the village searching for the man but he was nowhere to be found. Ready to give up, Arrow sat down on a rock and rested her chin on her palm in disappointment. She would have liked to explore some more.

A rustle sounded behind her but she was off in her own little world and wasn't paying attention. The noise grew louder and closer, but she had started to hum to herself wondering what she should do now that Talon and the others had left without her. She broke out of her daze when she had the odd sensation of something staring at her. Turning around, she came face to face with a giant dangerous looking spotted leopard and froze, her face growing pale.

Amber eyes stared back at her with the same depth as Zephyr and it made her felt uneasy. Too frightened to move, she swallowed and remained as still as possible while the beast moved around her, his eyes fixated on her face as a low growl rumbled in his throat. His ear twitched as he sat before her, his tail curling around his forepaws.

"You must be the one he dislikes so much," the leopard responded dryly in a voice much like Talon's. It sent shivers across her flesh and she flinched.

"Yes," she breathed, still too frightened to move as she clutched her sarong in a steel grip, her knuckles white.

The beast sighed with annoyance, his ears going back. "Don't be so afraid all the time, it gets annoying."

Her green eyes lit like molten flames. "Easy for you to say."

He cocked his head slightly, looking at her in what seemed to be surprise. "Huh...I didn't realise you had a backbone."

Insulted, Arrow gathered her wits and rose to her feet, planting her hands on her hips. "And who might you be?"

The amber eyes rolled as he looked away. "Who do you think I am?" he asked sarcastically and Arrow narrowed her eyes, tilting her head.

"Does he know that I was sent to come with him and the others on this little exhibition?" she asked curiously, her animosity forgotten as the leopard rose to his lean legs.

"Yes he does, that's why I'm here. I'm to lead you to where they are waiting, so we'd better hurry," he said as he turned and began walking away, leaving her to follow and she sighed.

They strolled through the rest of the village to the edge of the forest she had never been before. In the distance she could hear a waterfall and was suddenly excited for this adventure. Talon was standing in the midst of the group, a dozen men standing with him going through the things they needed to bring along with them to collect herbs and other things.

The beast growled quietly, but the men had heard and turned to see Arrow standing there with an apologetic expression.

"I've fetched the woman," the cat said lazily as he strode over and peered up at Talon, whose inferior eyes remained trained on Arrow's shifting form.

"I can see that. Thank you, Thor," he said as he turned and completely ignored Arrow as he gathered his tall spear and set the bag over his shoulder.

Scowling at his ignorance, she set pace behind them into the forest wondering what was in store for her. Once the anger toward Talon faded, she realised she was in the center of a forest filled with dangerous, killing creatures and beasts without a weapon or the knowledge of how to even use one.

What have I been thrust in to? God give me strength...
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh..I still could do better but yeah...my inspiration needs to be kicked up a notch!

lAuRa