Status: End. Completed.

Little Reindeer

Little Reindeer #1: Through the Lens

The December winds brushed into the almost invisible hairs on his fingers as he swung his Camera around the contrasting colour of the leaves of the autumn trees. He could hear the crunching sound as he walked through the lonely forest stepping every red leaves that charade the genuinely empty grounds deserting the trees. The loyal companions of the forest were the crows that flew across the sky like dark angels protecting the earth.

He sat down on the ground a while, unhanged his camera from his neck and slowly placing it next to him. Slowly, his upper half descended to the ground. He shut both his eyes reminiscing back to the last time he appreciate the autumn’s presence. Lonely as the forest his heart was aching alone of the dismissal of his girlfriend.

A beautiful yellow finch landed on one of the deserted trees, singing happily as an act of a farewell to the late autumn. He slowly opened his eyes. Noticing the unbearable beauty of the bird, he picked up his camera and captured the contrasting colour of nature between it and the red leaves. Not satisfied with the picture he took, he focused the lens again. In a quick second, his lens vision was blurred and centred on the far end of the forest where he saw a motion figure. Hastily, he put down his camera and dug into his sling bag. He took out a telephoto lens and replaced the one currently attached to his camera. He used the modified camera on his hand to identify the figure again.

That was the moment where he saw her for the first time. There was something unique about her that he couldn’t keep his eyes off her. By her dead wood sleeveless knee-length garments layering a black overall underneath, she was barely seen within the forest. The bangs covering her forehead and the medium length, bushy hair shadowed the dance and rhythm of the winds. She was carrying two pieces of dead tree branches on her hands and held it on her head: one on each side. Though no smile was drawn on her face, the way she walked and sometimes skipping few steps with her eyes looking down to the ground as if she was dancing evoked her happily enjoying every moment of the last days of autumn. As his index finger clicked the camera, it captured a perfect moment of the girl. He swiftly browsed the gallery to find the picture he just took and then he realized that he missed something – two black marks on both her cheeks. She resembled a reindeer, a beautiful little reindeer. He craved for more images but as he lifted his camera, she was already gone.

Just as his heart searched for the girl, a soft flake landed, freezing the tip of his nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you know, I never experience any winter here in my country and I learned from books, stories, movies only.. I can only imagine how seasons actually like.