Status: For a contest.

Eight Letters Late.

It's true what they say when you throw it away

She stared at him with a mixture of sadness and anger in her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks. She was trying her hardest not to start sobbing. “So let me get this straight you’re breaking up with me?”

“Yeah I guess I am.” He said running his hands through his messy hair. “How can you do this to me?” She said on the verge of sobbing. “I just need time to be single.”

“How as that even fair to me?” She asked said sitting down on the couch. He was completely. He was at a complete loss for words. She wiped the tears off her cheek as he watched her cry. “So do you not love me anymore?” She asked wanting to know why all the sudden he wanted to be single on tour. “Of course I love you. I just want to see what it’s like to be single again. I haven’t single in three years and I don’t remember what its like.”

“You can’t do this to me.” She sobbed. She was now fighting to catch her breath. “Please quit acting mental. It’s three months of being single not forever.” He said trying to act like them breaking up was no big deal. She felt her heartbreak into a million pieces as he spoke to her.

She was completely and utterly confused on why after three years he just decided he wanted to be single out of no where. They never really fought everyone saw them as the perfect couple, and now out of nowhere Josh decided he wanted to be single.

“I won’t wait for you if you’re going to break up with me.” She said standing up. “Are you serious?” He asked staring into her brown eyes. “Yeah.”


He stood at the bar with a slut blond clinging to his every word. Her stupidity was driving him mad. “So what’s it like being in a band?” She asked twirling her hair around her finger. “It’s quite fun.” He said simply before taking a drink of his beer.

“So do you want to go somewhere quiet?” She whispered in her ear. “I’m going to pass love.” He said walking towards the guys.

“So who’s blonde?” Dan asked before taking a drink of his beer. “I never got her name, but she wanted to shag.” Josh said it like it was no big deal. “So why aren’t you shagging her right now?” Matt asked. “Because I miss Stella, and I’m the biggest arse in the whole world for breaking up with her.”

“So you just learned you’re an arse for breaking up with her?” Matt said. “I’m telling you right now if I was with Stella I would marry the girl.” Dan said. “She’s perfect she trusted you, she lets you tour no problem, she has tattoos and she proper fit.” Dan said making Josh feel even more like an idiot.

“You don’t think I know what I lost?” Josh said before taking a drink of his beer. “I’m just telling you you’re stupid.” Dan laughed. “Shut the fuck up.” Josh said walking away.

“I don’t understand why your rents likes me.” She said resting his head on his chest. “What’s not like about you love?” Josh said playing with her hair. “Well look at me I’m a proper mess with all my tattoos.” She said holding up her arm and revealing her tattoo.

“They have known you since before the tattoos and they like even after the tattoos.” He said chuckling lightly and started tracing her tattoo on her arm. “That’s good because I’m kinda in love with you and I would love if your rents like me.” She said looking up into his blue eyes.

“I like you and that’s all that matters.” He said tugging on her so that she rolled over and sat straddling his hips. “You like me that’s it. You don’t love me?” She asked with her lips barely touching his lips.

“No I love you too.” He smiled before attacking her lips.


Josh and the guys walked into the local bar shaking the snow off their coats. They were trying their hardest to warm up before they got some drinks.

He walked over to the bar listening to the rest of the guys chatting about random things. He looked over to the tables to see her talking to one of her friends. Just looking at her made his heart break. He felt like the biggest idiot in the world for letting her go.

He had been home for tour for a three days and he hadn’t talked to her once. She made it every clear that they were not together anymore. It took everything in Josh not to walk over and beg Stella to take him back.

“Are you going to over and talk to her mate?” Chris asked handing him a beer. “I don’t know if she wants to talk to me.” Josh honestly didn’t know if she wanted to talk to her. “I would just go talk to her. Maybe tell her that you miss her.”

Josh nodded his head and started walking towards Stella. He was about to turn around when his blue eyes locked with her brown ones. “Sierra I’m going to talk to Josh for a moment.” She said standing up and walking towards him.

“Hi” He said awkwardly as Stella walked up to him. “Hey.” She smiled biting her bottom lip. “Can we go outside and talk?” Josh asked. “Yeah sure if you want.”

The two of them walked out front, and Stella leaning against the wall biting her bottom lip. They were both pretty much at a loss for words.

“How was the tour?” She asked finally breaking the silence. “It was good.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. “I missed you the whole time.”
“You shouldn’t have missed me you’re single. Remember?” She said rubbing salt into the wound. “I don’t want to be single.” He said staring into her brown eyes. “Josh you are mental if you think I’m not getting back together with you.” She said bluntly. Josh broke Stella’s heart and she refused to let him to it again.

“So you’ll never take me back?” He asked confused. “Never along time. I just wont take you back right now. I need time to myself.” She said running her fingers through her hair. “I regret everything about breaking up with you.” She was completely silent.

“Stella are you seeing someone else?” He finally got the nerve to ask. “Yeah I am.” She said pushing her lips together.

”Do you believe in love at first sight?” She asked sitting cross legged on the couch with a bowl of popcorn between her legs watching Romeo and Juliet. “Yeah I do love. I fell in love with you the moment I looked into your big brown eyes back on the playground in fourth grade.” He said reaching over and grabbing some popcorn.

“You are quite cheese.” She laughed shoving his should lightly. “You’re the one who asked.” He laughed.

“Did you really fall in love with me back in grade school on the playground?” She asked not sure if he was serious or not. “I actually did fall in love with you back then.” She stared into his blue eyes long and hard for a moment before pressing her lips to his.

“Why did you wait till you were seventeen to finally ask me out?” She asked pulling away from him. “Because you scared the shit out of me.” He said pressing his lips to hers quickly. “And I thought you would for sure reject me.” He laughed.

“You know you could have asked me out that day in fourth grade and I would have said yes. Your blue eyes caught my attention that day too.” She laughed.


Josh looked into the mirror as he was trying to fix his hair before he went to Chris’ and Annamaire’s house.

“Do you think Stella is going to be there?” Josh asked Matt as he walking out to the car. “Josh she’s going to be there. She’s stills friends with everyone.” Matt said as he started the car.

“Is she going to be there with her boyfriend what ever the fuck his name is?” Josh asked dreading the answer. “His name is Ben and yes he’s going to be there with her.” Matt said.

“Fucking great.” Josh said shaking his head. “You cant be mad at anyone but yourself. You are the one who broke up with her.” Matt said annoyed. “Yeah I know I’m arse. I should of realized how good I had it.
Matt and Josh walked into the party and Matt went and found Amelia. Josh headed straight towards the kitchen to find some alcohol. He made a mixture of alcohol and head into the cold backyard.

The first thing he saw when he got outside was Stella with her tongue down Ben’s throat. She them kiss made his skin crawl. He hated the thought of her in bed with someone else. Just the thought of her moaning his name made him sick to his stomach. He just rolled his eyes and walked back inside.

She walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter trying to get the image of Ben touching Stella out of his.

“How have you been?” A very familiar voice asked him. He turned to see Stella walking into the kitchen. “I’ve been better.” He painfully chuckled.

“So are you happy with Ben?” He asked staring into her brown eyes. “Yeah I am he’s really great.” She smiled. “How long have you guys been together?”

“We’ve been together for about four months now.” She smiled. “Do you love him?” Josh asked honestly scared to know what her answer was. He was praying to himself that she wasn’t in love him. “I’m not in love with him, but I really like him.” He felt a rush of relief wash over him as she said no.

“Do you still love me?” She stared into his eyes for a moment not saying anything. She gnawed on her bottom lip trying to figure out what to say. “Yeah I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this song and I hope this goes with it.