Status: sorry chapter 2 up soon; been busy @ skool w/midterms

I'll Meet My Heroes In Heaven

Chapter 2: Special Day

**THE DAY OF THE CONCERT***

It’s about 10am on a Saturday morning; I wake up on the cold floor with my thin sheet over me, trying to keep me warm. As I get up, I can hear the morning news blasting on the TV downstairs where yet again my father is passed out. I then realize tonight is the concert; I try to contain my screams of happiness.

I quickly and quietly get dressed. I go downstairs to the kitchen; I need a good breakfast for such a good day. I quietly pour a bowl of cereal; which after smelling the milk, I have plain. After I’m finished I pile the bowl and spoon on top of the tower of other dishes inside the sink, and go back up to my room. In my room I look around for my old beat up purse. Within my purse is $30, just enough to get me a new shirt for the concert. I quietly went back downstairs and sneaked out the front door. As I shut the door behind me I heard my father groan in his sleep, it caught me off guard and I jumped. I didn’t want to take a chance of him waking up and finding me gone so I knew I had to be quick. Once I was out of the house I ran down my road towards the main street. Once I got there I slowed down; knowing that for now I was safe.

I started walking towards the center of town; where there were a few small shops. Once I got there I saw a group of teenagers that went to my school. I tried to ignore them at first but they had already spotted me. I tried to run from them but they trapped me, they pushed me onto the floor; kicked me and stole my purse. But I’m smarter then that; I put the 30 dollars I had into my pocket. When I decided they we're gone I went into the store I was going to originally. When I got into the store one shirt caught my eye. It was a band shirt for the band I was going to tonight. On the front of it said “Midnight Drowning”. Then on the back it had the band member’s photos and underneath that it said “MND”. I paid for the shirt and made my way home.

Once I got back to my road I slowed down dreading having to go back. I finally made it to my front door and began opening it, when it quickly was yanked open by my father. He said in his drunken voice “there you are bitch”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!!