Born for This

Wish Right Now

"Hey it's Madison. Leave a message and I might call you back!" BEEP "Damnit Mads! Answer your damn phone! I have something very important to talk to you about! Call me back as soon as you can!!" Once again Alexx had to leave her a voicemail. She didn't understand why she wasn't picking up. Mark was still supposed to be at work, so it's not like she was screwing him or anything. Her phone started vibrating and she immediately answered it.

"Alexx what the hell is going on? Is everything okay?" She sounded worried.

"Yeah everything is fine. I found something online that I have to tell you about!" Alexx was practically jumping around her apartment with excitement.

"What the fuck? I thought someone was dying! Now what is so damn important that you had to blow my phone up?"

'Well.. I was on Paramore's website downloading the new song and I saw an ad."

"An ad? Seriously? What is wrong with you?"

"It was an ad for auditions. For the band. Mads I have to go!"

"Really? You're gonna go to them?"

Alexx didn't like the way she was talking to her. She was being very disrespectful. "Yes. I am going. It's in Nashville in two days. I was gonna ask if you wanted to go with me, but I'm not sure I want you around me."

"Well I think it's just gonna be a waste of time. I mean you're good and everything, but I don't think they'll want a girl drummer. Oh Mark's home. Gotta go!" And she hung up the phone.

**Alexx's POV**

What the hell? Why was she being such a bitch? And it's not like I was expecting to get it or anything, but I would regret not at least trying. I was doing this whether she went with me or not. I reread the ad and found out where I needed to go. The auditions were being held in the Ryman Auditorium. I knew where that was because I had seen Paramore perform there before. I clicked on the link to rsvp and let them know I was coming. The only thing I was worried about were my finances. I wasn't sure if I had enough money to get me there.

I walked over to my purse and checked my wallet. There was $200 in it and I get paid again tomorrow. I only had one bill to pay and it was only going to be $50, so I had plenty. My car's tank was also on full and it's good on gas, which was a plus. I looked at the clock. It was 10:30 pm. It was early for me but I needed a good nights sleep for the day I had planned for tomorrow.

I texted Mads and told her I wouldn't be able to give her a ride tomorrow because I was skipping class. I sat my phone on the night stand and turned my lamp off. I crawled under my blankets and got comfortable. Optimus, my 7 week old pit bull, jumped up on the bed and cuddled up next to me. I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arm around him. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

**Third Person POV**

Alexx spent all day playing her drums. It was a good thing that she had spent the money to sound proof her apartment or she would have been evicted a long time ago. She always puts Optimus in her bathroom because she doesn't want him to go deaf. It was the only part of the apartment that wasn't soundproof. She played all songs Paramore. She played A Day To Remember. Falling in Reverse. Avenged Sevenfold. Escape the Fate, but only from the Ronnie era. Blink-182. Linkin Park. Three Days Grace. Her day consisted of nothing but playing the drums.

She finally decided to call it quits at around 7:30 that night. She let Optimus out of the bathroom and jumped in the shower. After getting out she pulled on a pair of sweatpants and and old baggy t-shirt. She ran a brush quickly through her hair then shook her head to give it volume. She grabbed her glasses and wallet before heading out the door. She walked down the block to her favorite chinese restaurant, got her favorite foods, and went back to her apartment where she ate in silence, sharing the occasional piece of chicken with her puppy.

After she was done eating, she packed some clothes into a duffel bag because she was staying in Nashville tomorrow night. She didn't know how long it was going to take for the auditions, so she figured it safe to stay the night. She laid out the outfit that she was going to wear for the auditions, including shoes and jewelry, and then headed to bed. She had put Optimus in his cage so that she would be able to sleep better. It was the best sleep she had ever gotten.

**Alexx POV**

When I got to the hotel I quickly checked in, not wanting too special of a room. After all, I was just going to be sleeping there for one night. I ran up to my room and threw my bags on the bed. I checked my makeup in the mirror before I left, just to make sure it looked fine. I made sure I had some money and my room key before heading out.

I had over an hour before I needed to check in at the Ryman, so I decided to stop in the shops downtown on the way there. There were several bars lining the streets, none of them opened yet of course. I saw the Hard Rock Cafe and immediately headed for it. I walked in the little shop in front of the restaurant. I was looking around for a couple of minutes when I noticed a familiar looking guitar and mic hanging on the wall in the corner. I walked over to it and read the plaques under them. Just as I had thought, the mic was Hayley's and the guitar was the one Josh played in the Crushcrushcrush video. I small smile came onto my face and the cashier asked if I liked them. I of course said yes and that I was headed to the auditions. She looked shocked and wished me luck.

After leaving there I headed down the street closer to the Ryman. There were several shops just for cowboy/girl boots. I had no interest in them so I just went right on past. There was however a store that sold other types of shoes. I walked inside and looked at the Chucks. There was only one pair that I didn't have yet that I actually liked. I picked up the shoe and asked the man at the register if he had them in a size 10. He said he did and went to the back to get them. I asked if he would hold them for me because I couldn't take them with me. He said of course and I left.

As I was walking up to the entrance of the Ryman I saw a line of probably 200 people. I walked in the door and went to the table that was in the middle of the room. I gave them my name and they gave me a sticker with the number 119 on it. I was told to put it in the middle of the front of my shirt. They told me to go outside and wait for my number to be called. I walked outside and found an empty space of sidewalk. I sat there for two hours before my number was called.

"119?"

I stood up quickly. "That's me!"

"Very well. Follow me." I did as she said. She led me into the area where the prepping was going on. They told me that there was a set on the stage and the sticks were out there as well. They gave me five minutes to get myself ready to perform. I walked over to the mirror and checked my hair and make up. Then I gave myself a small pep talk before heading out onto the stage.

"Your name please?" It was one of the judges. I looked out into the seats. The lights were so bright I couldn't see anything past the first 10 rows.

"Alexandria Rodriquez. But I go by Alexx."

"Okay thank you. You may take your seat." I walked over to the drum set and sat down on the stool. I smiled a bit because it was exactly like the one I had at home in my apartment. "We're going to start with 'Misery Business'. You know that one correct?"

A giant smile spread across my face and I said, "Oh do I." The music started and I was lost in the world of the drums.

After it was all over I felt as if it had went perfectly. I had an amazing amount of fun and hit everything perfectly. I didn't mess up once. They told me I was free to go and that I should receive a phone call within the next few days with the results. I left and went back to the small shoe store to pick up my new Chucks. I paid for them and went back to the hotel.

Once back in the room I checked my phone. I had several texts from Madison.

What are you doing?
Where are you?
Why did you skip classes yesterday?
Hello??
Can you answer me?
Wtf! What is your problem?
Quit being a bitch and text me back!!


The last one struck a nerve. I called her and told her what was going on. She had forgotten about the auditions. I told her I was tired and going to bed and hung up. How could she forget about something that important to me? I did dwell on it too much because I was too exhausted. I crawled into bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I gathered all of my things and headed out of the room. I was in the process of checking out when my phone rang. It was a strange number but I decided to go ahead and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Alexx Rodriquez?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't wait to write the next chapter!!! :3 I'm so excited for this story and how it's gonna play out!
And the guitar and mic are really there! I've seen them ^_^