Sequel: Over Spring Break
Status: Slowly revising

Over Christmas Break

Epilogue

After riding the Ferris Wheel twice, I got off and called a cab. I knew it would cost a fortune, but I needed to get home somehow. The cabbie drove me all the way back to our Rockford suburban home where I saw that David was still not at. He took pity on me and split my tab in half seeing as it was Christmas and so I gave him a generous tip. I let myself in and packed my things. I gave it a little while, showered, and repacked my dirty clothes separate from my clean clothes, and drove myself to the Rockford Airport.

"I need a ticket for your next flight to Florida. It doesn't even matter which airport at this point."

"We have a flight heading out in twenty minutes to West Palm Beach?" the ticket counter lady replied in a very despairing voice. I guess it must suck to work at a dead airport on Christmas Eve, but it must pay the bills.

"That'll work. How much?"

"The Christmas special is $75 plus tax."

"Sign me up," she asked for my name and information before sliding my credit card and printing my boarding pass. I barely made it through security as the boarding was called. I ran through the rest of the small airport to the gate and boarded right before they closed the doors. Being the last one on, I was stared at, but I wasn't in a caring mood.

Once in my seat of 5B, not sitting next to anyone, I sent a quick text to my mom and brother.

Hey, flying into West Palm. Could you come and get me?

My brother was quick on the response. What time are you in?

I'm the only flight. Just look it up.

I didn't wait for his response, just turned the phone off and got ready for take off on the Christmas evening.

David's POV
After searching for Harper for over an hour, I gave up. I figured she would have to find her way back to Jon's place to go home and headed back. When I arrived in the apartment, Lily was gone, and my parent's were nowhere to be seen.

"You fucked up, bro," Jon blatantly stated.

"No shit."

"She would've been good for you. You just blew that though. I'm guessing you lost her in the crowds, huh?"

"Unfortunately, yes. But she has no other way home, so she'll show back up. Where's Mom and Dad?"

"The guest room, talking. Lily left when you stormed after Harper."

"I figured. God, I'm such an idiot. I just don't think she'll let me make it up to her either."

"Probably not. I'm sorry bro."

"Thanks, Jon."

The four of us ate in silence a little while later. When it hit ten o'clock, I tried calling her phone to see if she needed a ride and found it going straight to voicemail.

"Maybe she took a cab?" Mom suggested.

"It's an expensive cab fare."

"But if she really wanted to avoid you, what other choice did she have?"

"None, I guess."

"You should head home, get some rest, if she comes back I'll let you know."

"And let us know if she's there." Mom interjected.

"Alright. If she comes back here, Jon, will you drive her out there tomorrow?"

"I leave for the Florida road trip at noon. So I probably can't, you can come back down though?"

"Yeah, I'll just come back. Thanks for everything. Sorry I ruined Christmas, everyone."

She was gone. Completely gone. All of her stuff that she had left littered around my room the last couple of weeks was now gone, all her bathroom stuff, gone. And I had no idea where she went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I need three comments in order to get the sequel up. That's my deal and if it doesn't work out, I'm sorry to the people who aren't silent readers.