Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Witnesses to an Exectuion

A few hours later I had changed and was following Ron, Harry, and Hermione outside. Harry had explained to us what I had said earlier. The others shrugged it off but I couldn't shake it. Something bad was going to happen tonight, I just knew it.

I pulled my sleeves down on my jacket as we passed the executioner who smirked at us, sharpening his large ax.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible," Hermione said as we neared the end of the wooden bridge.

"It just got worse," Ron frowned.

I gazed up, hearing Draco's voice. "What did I tell you? Father said I can keep the hippogriff’s head." He snickered as we made our way down to him. "I'll donate it to the Gryffindor's common room."

"Look who's here," laughed Goyle when he saw us.

"Ahh." Smirked Draco. "Come to see the show?" His smirk fell when his eyes landed on me.

"You!" scolded Hermione. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" she pulled her wand out and backed him against the stone.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it," frowned Ron as Draco whimpered.
Hermione lowered her wand and turned away. Draco chuckled and Hermione turned, raising her fist and punched Draco in the mouth.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Goyle asked helping Draco off the ground. "Let's go. Quick."

Draco took off with Miles and Goyle after him. He gave me an apologetic look before running to the castle.

"That felt good," sighed Hermione.

"Not good, brilliant," smiled Ron.

"Let's go," Harry said starting for Hagrid's hut.

Hermione touched my arm, "Are you okay?" I nodded. "I'm sorry he did that and that I punched him. I know you still like him."

I shrugged her off, "It's all right, Hermione. No one's perfect."
Hagrid welcomed us into his home and gave us each a cup of tea. He then turned and gazed out at Buckbeak who laid, chained, in the pumpkin patch. "Oh, look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them."

"Why don't we just set him free?" asked Harry.

Hagrid shook his head, "They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's comin' down, you know, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they...when it happens." Hagrid turned from the window. "Great man, Dumbledore. A great man."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid," said Hermione.

"You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off. Oh." He said holding up a finger and pointed at Ron. "Before you do, Ron..." He opens a container and pulls out Scabbers. My eyes widened.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron said, happily taking the rat from Hagrid.

"Keep a closer eye on your pet's, Ron," reminded Hagrid.

"I think that means you owe someone an apology," growled Hermione.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know," he smiled.

"I meant me!" she snapped just before the vase on the table broke. I jumped, just realizing that I was standing and slowly inching closer to the rat.

"Blimey. What was that?" asked Hagrid.

Hermione picked up a snail shell that had appeared on the table. She looked at me and then back down at it. "Ow!" yelped Harry. I looked up and saw him holding the back of his head as he looked out the window. "Hagrid!"

Hagrid went to the window and frowned, "Oh, crikey." I peer out and see the Minister, Dumbledore, and the executioner coming down the walkway. "It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here," Hagrid said as he began to pick up around the room. "Someone sees you outside this time of night, you'll be in trouble. Big trouble. Particularly you, Harry." Three loud knocks came at the door. "With you in a moment." He lowered his voice to a whisper, "Quick! Quick!" He said waving us to the back door.

Hermione grabbed my hand and followed Ron to the back. "Hagrid. It'll be fine. It'll be okay," Harry assured him.

"Go on, go on," he hissed.

The four of us dashed out the back door as Hagrid let the men in. We hid behind a tower of pumpkins, trying to listen to what they had to say. I glared at Scabbers, debating on grabbing him from Ron or not. With the prediction I had only hours earlier, I was on edge. There was a snap behind us and Hermione whipped around , looking curiously into the trees.

"What?" asked Harry.

"I thought I just saw-" she shook her head, "Never mind."

"Let's go!" Ron urged and we quickly followed him to the top of the hill.

I watched the executioner step into the pumpkin patch and raise his ax. But I turned away as it came down and ended Buckbeak's life.
"Ahh!" Ron gasped a few moments later. We all looked at him as he held his finger, Scabbers no longer in his hands. I looked among the grass for the rat. "He bit me." He then spun around looking for Scabbers as well, "Scabbers."

"Ron," warned Hermione. "Abby!" she called as Ron and I dashed after the rat.

"Ron!" Harry called as well as the chased us.

"Get over here," I growled trying to run faster than long legged Ron.

"Scabbers, come back," he pleaded.

"Abby, wait!" Harry yelled.

Ron and I dived for the ran, Ron having longer limbs caught him. "Give him, Ron," I said trying to grab the rat from my brothers hands.

"What are you doing?!" Ron yelled at me, pushing me off.

"Give me the rat!" I said reaching for it.

"Ron, Abby, run!" Harry yelled at us. We both looked up. I smiled when I saw Sirius standing behind Harry and Hermione.

"Harry and Hermione run!" He yelled pointing at Sirius. "It's the Grim!"

I grabbed for the rat as Sirius leaped over Hermione and Harry. He grabbed Ron's leg and started to pull him to the Whomping Willow. Harry ran passed me and dived for Ron's hand trying to pull him back from Sirius. But Sirius had already pulled him into a tunnel under the Whomping Willow. I got up as Hermione helped Harry up.

"What was that about!" Harry yelled at me.

"Duck!" I shouted ducking out of the way of the flying willow branches.I try and make my way to the tunnel but another branch smacks me in the stomach sending me back where Hermione had ducked another branch, that sent Harry flying. She helped me up and we both jumped as a branch tried to take out our legs. Another branch comes and grabs us in the stomach. We latch ourselves to the tree branch as it swings us around. "Harry!" She cried reaching out and grabbing Harry by the shirt.

She then sends Harry down the tunnel and I followed. I landed with an 'oof' next to him as Hermione falls on top of us with a small screech. "Oh, I'm sorry," she frowns getting up.

"Don't worry," Harry grunts lifting himself off the ground with Hermione's help.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" she asked helping me up next. I quickly walked ahead of them.

"I have a hunch," said Harry. "I just hope I'm wrong."

He's not.