Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Friend becomes Foe

"Sorry about the bite, I reckon that twinges a bit," Sirius apologized to Ron.

"A bit? A bit?" Ron said hysterically. "You almost tore my leg off!" Hermione and I chuckled.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. More than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent," sighed Sirius. "The tail I could live with. But the fleas, they're murder."

Smiling, I followed the others out of the hole and Sirius set Ron down on a rock nearby before walking over to where he could see the castle. Hermione, Harry, and I knelt down next to Ron.

"You better go," Ron said Harry.

"No," Harry shook his head. "Don't worry, okay? It's fine. I'll stay."

"You go, Abby and I'll stay," argued Hermione.

"You okay?" Harry asked standing up.

"I'm fine. Go," Ron said shaking his head.

Harry walked over by Sirius and Hermione and I turned to Ron. "That looks really painful," Hermione frowned looking at Ron's wound.

"So painful," he agreed. "They might chop it."

I chuckled, "I'm sure Madam Pomfrey can have you fixed up in a heartbeat."

Ron shook his head, "It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off."

"Ron, trust me, you'll be fine." As I spoke, my smile faltered. "That is if you still can."

Ron shook his head, "Course I still trust you, Abby. We didn't know the story. You did. If anything we were in the wrong."

I hugged him, "Thanks, Ron."

"Turn me into a flobberworm. Anything but the dementors!" Peter pleaded as he and Lupin finally emerged from the tunnel. "Ron?" He jumped to Ron. "Haven't I been a good friend, a good pet? You won't let them give me to the dementors will you? I was your rat!" He turned to Hermione. "Sweet girl! Clever girl! Surely you won't!" he cried and Hermione moved away. He then turned to me. "You know! You know how your father is! You won't let me go to the dementors! Please!"

"Get away from her!" Lupin snapped pulling Peter away from me.

"What a creep," I grumble to the others.

"Oh, no," Hermione gasped standing up. "Harry!"

I whipped my head around to see the full moon peak around the mountains and clouds. Sirius ran to Lupin while Harry ran to over to Hermione, Ron and I.

"Remus, my old friend.l Have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked trying to control Lupin, who was now beginning to change. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart here! This flesh is only flesh!"

I watched Lupin drop his wand and Peter went to pick it up. "Expelliarmus!" I jumped as Harry stood next to me, his wand pointing at Peter.

Peter waved, smiling, before shrinking down into a rat once again. When he scurried off Harry tried to follow. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back, "Harry!"

"Remus! Remus!" Sirius shouted. "Run! Run!" He screamed to us just before Lupin finished his transformation, throwing Sirius off as he did.

"Come on," Harry hissed pulling at Ron as he Held his friend up.

"Wait. Wait," Hermione said letting go of Ron's other side.

"Hermione!" Ron squeaked. "Bad idea. Bad idea."

"Professor?" Hermione asked stepping closer to wolf Lupin. "Professor Lupin?"

Lupin let out a howl and Hermione jumped back next to us. "Nice doggy. Nice doggy," Ron whimpered as Lupin loomed closer.

"Abigail!" I jumped as Snape jumped in front of us and grabbed my arm. "How dare you-" Lupin growled behind him. Snape whipped around and held out his arm, guarding us.

Lupin smacked him away and just as he was about to attack us, Sirius jumped him in dog form. Sirius and Lupin began to fight and I felt that I needed to help. I focused on changing and I felt my body change as I morphed into a wolf.

Growling I jumped upon Lupin's open back and bit his neck. Lupin howled and threw me off. I rolled back up onto my feet and shook it off. I snap at Lupin's ankles as Sirius bites his arm. Lupin threw Sirius off, knocking me with him. I got up on my feet and with a swift nod Sirius and I ran up the hill, Lupin following.

Lupin catches my hind legs and knocks me off the path before he attacked Sirius. Pain racked through my body as I laid on the ground, watching them fight.

A rock hit Lupin in the head and I turned to see Harry standing a little way down the hill. I shifted back as Lupin ran down to attack Harry. But a howl stopped him. Frowning I heard the howl again and Lupin ran off. Harry ran to me.

"Abby, you okay?" he asked.

I nodded, "Go find Sirius. I'm fine."

Harry nodded before running off over the hill. I make my way back the other way with a slight limp. Hermione grabbed me in a hug, screaming at me but I heard nothing she said as I collapsed into unconsciousness.