Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Hermione's Secret and Onlookers to the Rescue

I woke up later in the Hospital Wing I sat up and Hermione rushed over to me. "What were you thinking?!" She asked hysterically as she hugged me. "You could've been killed!"

I shrugged, "Professor-gone-wolf isn't enough to kill me." I laughed as she smacked my arm.

"It's not funny," she grumbled.

I gazed over at the bed across from me, "I see you still have a leg."
Ron shrugged, "It's not as bad as I thought.

I giggled, "Drama Queen.

"Harry?"

I looked over to Hermione and now awake Harry. "I saw my dad," was the first thing he said.

"What?" I asked getting up.

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake," he smiled fondly.

"Listen, Harry, they've captured Sirius. Any minute the dementors are going to perform the kiss." Hermione said quickly.

Harry quickly sat up, grabbing his glasses. "You mean they're gonna kill him?"

"No. It's worse. Much much worse," I said shaking my head. "They're going to suck out his soul."

I jumped as the hospital doors opened and Professor Dumbledore walked in.

"Headmaster, you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man." Hermione said as she, Harry, and I flocked to Dumbledore.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent," agreed Harry.

"It's Scabbers that did it," pipped in Ron.

"Scabbers?" questioned Dumbledore.

"He's my rat, sir. Well, he's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl-" Ron babbled.

"The point is, we know the truth," Hermione butted in. "Please believe us."

"I do, Miss Granger. But I'm sorry to say, the word of four thirteen year old wizards will convince few others." He walked over to Ron's bed. "A child's voice," he slapped Ron's wrapped foot and Ron whimpered, "however, honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten to listen." He pats it a few more times and I hold in a giggle as Ron glares at Dumbledore when he walks back over to Harry, Hermione, and I. "Mysterious thing, time," he said gazing at the clock, seen outside the hospital doors. "Powerful and when meddled with, dangerous." He turned to Hermione. "You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before the last chime." The bell tolled signalling the hour. "If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared." He leaned closer to Hermione, "Three turns should do it, I think." He then turned and walked over to the doors. They were just about to close when he poked his head back in. "Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck," he smiled before closing the doors once again.

"What the bloody hell was that all about," asked Ron.

"Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk..." Hermione trailed off pulling a necklace out of her shirt and throwing part of the chain over mine and Harry's heads as well. Harry eyed the pendent she had and tried to touch it but Hermione smacked his hand away. I giggled. Hermione turned the pendent three times before letting it spin. Then things began to move quickly. Backwards. The conversation we had before with Dumbledore went backwards through and then we were gone. More people moved backwards through time as the sun came back up. Hermione then stopped the turning and we were alone in the Hospital Wing.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"Where's Ron?" Harry asked.

"7:30," breathed Hermione. "Where were we at 7:30."

Harry shook his head, "I don't know. Going to Hagrid's?"

"Come on," Hermione said grabbing mine and Harry's arms. "And we can't be seen." She ran and we quickly followed her down the clock tower.

"Hermione!" I gasped as we ran across the courtyard and down the wooden bridge. "Hermione, wait!"

"Hermione, will you please tell me what it is we're doing?"

She stopped and harry and I came up behind her. Down next to the stone pillars was Draco, Goyle, Miles, and...us?

"Ahh. Come to see the show?" Draco snickered to the past us.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" yelled past Hermione as she pointed her wand and Draco.

"That's us," whispered Harry.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it," past Ron spoke to past Hermione.

"This is not normal," Harry breaths.

Hermione pushed us back, hidden in the bridge. She pulled out the necklace again. "This is a Time-Turner. McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year."

"We've gone back in time?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes." She peered around the wall again. "Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly, something happened he wanted us to change."

The past Hermione punched Draco.

"Good punch," commented Harry.

"Thanks." Draco stood up and started running to the bridge. "Malfoy's coming!" We quickly ran around to the other side of the opening and went through the window on the side of the stone entrance.

"Run!" Miles shouted as they ran.

"Wait for me!" whined Goyle.

"Not a word to anyone, understand?" Draco said as they ran passed us and down the bridge.

Hermione, Harry, and I waited for the past us to leave before we came out from where we were hiding, and ran down next to the stone pillars.

"Look," smiled Harry. "Buckbeak's still alive!"

Hermione looked down at Buckbeak. "Of course. Remember what Dumbledore said? 'If we succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared.' Let's go!"

Harry and I quickly followed after her as she ran down the slope. We crouched behind the pumpkins near Buckbeak and watched the scene in the hut we had done what seems like hours ago. Harry looks passed me and I turn and look too. The Minister, executioner, and Dumbledore were walking closer to Hagrid's hut.

"Here they come. I'd better hurry," Harry says.

Hermione caught his arm, "Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we can steal him. Otherwise he'll think Hagrid set him free."

I nod in agreement as I look back at the hut where past Ron was taking 'Scabbers' out of Hagrid's hand. "Scabbers, you're alive!"

"Keep a closer eye on your pet, Ron," grunted past Hagrid.

"That's Pettigrew," hissed Harry as he started to get up.

Hermione and I grabbed his arms, "Harry, you can't."

"Hermione, that's the man who betrayed my parents. You don't expect me to just sit here," he growled.

"Yes, and you must!" Hermione hissed back. She then pulled Harry and I over, away from the path. "Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut now. If you go bursting in, you'll think you've gone mad. Awful things happen to wizards who meddle with time, Harry. We can't be seen." She then turned and peeked over the pumpkins to see Fudge getting closer. "Fudge is coming." She and I turned to the hut. "And we aren't leaving? Why aren't we leaving?"

I looked at the pumpkins and nudged her, "Hey, didn't you find that when the vase broke?"

She picked up the snail shell and then chucked it into the window breaking the vase.

"Are you mad?" hissed Harry. Hermione grabbed another one and chucked it at Harry's head. "Ow. That hurt," Harry said rubbing the back of his head.

I giggled and Hermione looked down sheepishly, "Sorry."

"We're coming out the back door," I hissed seeing past Ron open the back door of Hagrid's hut, while Dumbledore knocked on the front door with his walking stick.

"Go!" Hermione said and we ran down into the trees.

The past us ran around the pumpkins to where we just were. I watched as Hermione peered around the branch looking at us. "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?" she whispered.

"Hermione!" hissed Harry.

Hermione swung back behind the tree as the past Hermione turned around.

"What?" asked past Harry.

"I thought I just saw-Never mind," answered past Hermione.

"Let's go!" past Ron said and they ran off.

Harry, Hermione, and I take their place behind the pumpkins once more. "Okay, go, Harry. Go!" Hermione said after we made sure everyone in the hut was occupied.

I kept watch of the old us as we ran back up the slope. I was hearing Harry struggle to get Buckbeak but I only looked when I heard the door open.

"Minister," Dumbledore called, "I really think I should sign it as well."

I breathed out a sigh of relief when the Minister closed the door again, "Yes, very well. Perhaps it would be a good idea."

"Okay, Buckbeak. Come quickly. Come with us now, okay? Come on," Harry breathed pulling on Buckbeak's chain.

"Keep trying,"Hermione urged when he looked at her.

Buckbeak squawked and turned away from us. Quickly i stood up and grabbed the dead ferrets off the rack. Harry continued to urge Buckbeak but no movement.

"Your name only," I heard the minister speak.

"It's such a very long name..." chuckled Dumbledore.

"He knows we're out here," I hiss. "He's helping us." I stepped up next to Harry. "Buckbeak!" I growled. He turned to me, hurt by my tone of voice. But cocked his head upon seeing the ferrets.

"Come on. Come on, Buckbeak," hissed Hermione. "Come and get the nice dead ferret.

Buckbeak jumped up and took the ferret out of my hand. "Good boy," I cooed.

Hermione grabbed one, "Come on. It's here. Come on, Beaky."
Slowly we were able to walk a few feet. But halted when the door opened again.

"Here we are, Minister. Follow me. Now, look there," Dumbledore instructed the Minister, keeping him and everyone else's back to us while we froze.

"Where?" asked the Minister.

"Look beyond the rocks."

"What am I supposed to see?"

I jumped as Buckbeak snaps and takes the ferret from Hermione. "Professor Dippet had that ling planted when he was headmaster," continued Dumbledore.

"Oh, yes. Indeed, indeed."

"And all the strawberries."

I nudged Hermione and began to walk backwards, "Come on, Buckbeak. Come now," I wiggled the ferret I had in his face and the four of us quickly made our way into the trees and hid.

I peeked back out when I heard the minister questioning about where Buckbeak had one. "Oh, come now, Dumbledore. Someone's obviously released him." Buckbeak nips at the ferret slung over my shoulder and I jumped, glaring at him. "Hagrid?" I heard the minister and I peeked out again.

"I don't think the ministers suggesting you had anything to do with this, Hagrid," said Dumbledore. "After all, how could you? You've been with us all this time."

"Right," agreed confused Hagrid.

"Well, well.." frowned Fudge. "We must search the grounds!"

"Well, search the skies if you must, Minister. Meanwhile, I'd like a nice cup of tea or large brandy," Dumbledore smiled up at Hagrid and then turned to the executioner. "Oh, executioner, your services are no longer required. Thank you."

I looked over at Harry and Hermione and smiled. "We did it!"

"Now, time to save a second life," Hermione said and we ran off into the woods toward the Whomping Willow.