Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Saving Lives

"Now what?" asked Harry as we set down Buckbeak's chain and the ferrets, somewhere in the forest.

"We save Sirius," concluded Hermione.

"How?"

She shook her head, climbing up the hill to the edge of the forest. "No idea." Harry and I looked at each other before jogging after her. "Look, it's Lupin." She pointed to the Whomping Willow where Lupin was.

"Immobulus!" Lupin shouted at the Whomping Willow as it began to shake, and it froze. And then disappeared under it.

"And Snape's coming," I said as a dark shape came from the trees and followed Lupin.

"And now we wait," sighed Harry.

Hermione nodded, sighing as well, "And now we wait."

The three of us sat down and only a moment later a swarm of bats flew passed us. Looking back at Buckbeak, I giggled, seeing him jumping up at the bats.

"At least someone's enjoying himself," smiled Hermione.

"Yeah," chuckled Harry as we turned back around. "Hermione? Abigail?" he asked after a moment.

"Yeah?" she and I asked together.

"Before, down by the lake, when I was with Sirius, I did see someone. That someone made the dementors go away," explained Harry.

"With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore," said Hermione. "According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it."

"It was my dad," Harry smiled brightly. "It was my dad who conjured the Patronus."

"But, Harry," I whispered, "your dad's-"

"Dead. I know," he snapped. "I'm just telling you what I saw." I looked down.

"Here we come," Hermione said, breaking the silence.
We quickly stood up, watching ourselves coming out of the willow.

"You see Sirius talking to me there? He's asking me to come and live with him," Harry smiled.

"That's great," smiled Hermione.

"When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursleys'. It'll just be me and him. We could live in the country, someplace you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban."

I looked over the ridge where the full moon appeared. "Harry!" past Hermione shouted to past Harry.

Lupin howled. "Run! Run!" Sirius shouted.

"Let's go," Harry said and we ran along with past Harry to the scene where Lupin ran after Sirius. We stopped at the bottom of the hill to see Harry throw the rock at Lupin. Hermione howled, making Lupin pause his attack. "What are you doing?" Harry hissed covering her mouth.

Hermione shook him off, "Saving your lives." And she howled again, making Lupin turn to run down the slope.

"Thanks," breathed Harry. His eyes then widened. "Great. Now he's coming for us."

"Yeah, I didn't think about that," said Hermione.

"Run!" I shouted and we ran back into the forest.

Harry trips once and both Hermione and I grabbed his hands and pulled him back up. We then ran off, not letting go of hands. Hermione leads us behind a large tree and we press up against it. I could hear Lupin come into the same clearing and start sniffing around to find us. Slowly we all back up around the tree, staying out of sight from Lupin. I breath a sigh of relief before I hear a low growl from behind us. I spin around and I see Lupin standing there. Harry grabbed Hermione and I and held us to his chest as we turned away from Lupin.

I jumped hearing Buckbeak's loud squawk and I looked to see Buckbeak smack Lupin, Lupin whimpered and then ran off into the trees, Buckbeak squawking at him, his wings stretched high.

"That was so scary," breathed Hermione.

"Poor Professor Lupin's having a really tough night," agreed Harry.

A large gust of wind brushed past us and I shivered looking up into the sky. Above us were hundreds of black cloaked dementors.

"Sirius," breathed Harry. "Come on!"

Scrambling we ran off toward the Black Lake. We stopped near the edge of the tree line, watching as the dementors attacked harry and Sirius.

"This is horrible," Hermione spoke next to me.

"Don't worry," Harry said turning slightly back at us. "My dad will come. He'll conjure the Patronus. Any minute now. Right there," he said pointing to the space in front of him. "You'll see."

"Harry," I frowned. "No one's coming."

"Don't worry, he will. He will come." Harry assured us as the dementors continued to eat at past Harry and Sirius’ souls.

"You're dying...both of you," frowned Hermione. Harry then ran out, closer to the water's edge. "Harry!"

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouted, wand pointing at the dementors.

"Wow," I breathed watching the white light burst from Harry's wand into a large stag. From the stag, waves of white light rolled over the iced over Black Lake and pushed the dementors away. "It was a powerful wizard," I said looking over at Hermione.

She only nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short...I know and so will be the next few...sorry :/