Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

The Portkey

"Abby!"

I shot up from my bed as a pair of twin voices screamed into my ears. "Fred! George!" I screamed.

"Yes, Abby Bear," they cooed.

"Why have you two woken me up before dawn?" I growl.

"Because, sis," started George.

"We've gotta head out early for the World Cup," finished Fred.

I groaned and flopped back against the bed. "Fine. But I get piggyback rides."

"Deal!" they said before rushing out of the room.

I yawned as I stood up and began to dress. I grabbed my bag and hopped down the steps to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Molly chirped laying out the food.

I smiled, "Mornin' Mum. You need any help?"

"Oh, no, dear. Sit. Eat," she smiled.

I sat down and began to eat as the twins came tumbling into the kitchen. "Mornin', sis," they greeted. Molly made a noise. "Mornin', Mum," they said kissing her cheeks before sitting down on either side of me.

"Mornin', boys," I smiled to them.

They gave me goofy grins. "We see you got another letter," Fred said wiggling his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, like last week."

"Then what's this," George said holding up an unopened letter.

"Give me that!" I snapped jumping for it.

"Ah, ah, ah," George said wiggling a finger at me. He then began to open it.

"George, no!" I said trying to grab it from him. "It's personal!"

"All the more reason to let us read it, lil sis," laughed Fred.

"Yes, yes, our curiosity has gotten to be too much, hasn't it, Fred."

"Why yes, George. It has. We must know your secret admirer, Abbs."

"Guys! Stop!" I said chasing George around the room as he unfolded the parchment.

"'Dear Abigail.' Oh, how original," laughed George as he passed it off to Fred.

"'I can't wait to see you tonight.' Oh! He's going to be at the World Cup! We can meet him!" Fred shouted. "'I wish you'd sit with me. But I can understand with your parents and mine.' Oh! This sounds like that book Hermione was talking about. What was it, George?"

"Jake and Ramona?" He asked laughing.

"Romeo and Juliet," I snap. "Now give it back!"

"What's all the shouting about?" Ginny asked walking into the kitchen.

"Abby's got a Romeo," cooed Fred as he pinched my cheek and George took the letter from him.

"Oh, Fred! You saved me the best part! His name," he laughed. "'Hope to see you very soon. You Dragon.'"

Fred and George stopped twirling around. "Whose Dragon?" They asked eyeing me. I only smirked and crossed my arms. They groaned, "Course. Code names."

"Made up for situations like you two," I smiled snatching the letter out of George's hand.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione then entered the kitchen and we finished eating with Arthur telling us to hurry. We stepped out into the cool early August air and began to follow Arthur i the sliver of light from the still rising sun.

"Hey, Dad," Ron called from the back with Harry. "Where are we going"

"Haven't the foggiest. Keep up!" Arthur replied.

I frowned and leaned against George's arm, "So tired!"

"We just started walking," laughed Hermione.

"Tired!" I groaned in response.

"Fine," sighed George and he knelt down for me to hop on his back.

"Yay!" I giggled jumping on.

"Lazy," coughed Ginny. I stuck my tongue out at her in response.

"Arthur!" a man shouted and I peeked over George's shoulder to see a man with a walking stick and sandy hair pushed under a cap, smiling at us. "It's about time, son."

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy star," he said looking back at yawing Ron and Harry. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works with me at the Ministry." A boy jumped down from the tree and then straightened up next to Amos. I assumed his son. "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

"Yes, sir," he smiled. I looked at Ginny and Hermione and gagged. They rolled their eyes and giggled to one another. "This way," Cedric continued and started to lead us through the trees.

"Yes, it's just over there," Amos called from the back of the pack as we hiked up a grassy hill.

"Shall we?" asked Arthur.

"Oh, yeah," agreed Amos.

Arthur nodded looking at his watch, "We don't want to be late."
George let me down. "Come on. Nearly time now. Get yourself into a good position," Amos smiled kneeling next to an old boot.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked.

"That isn't just any manky old boot, mate," smirked Fred.

"It's a Portkey," George said and the four of us knelt down with the others.

"Time to go!" Arthur smiled.

"What's a Portkey?" Harry asked to no one in particular.

I placed my fingers on the side of the boot with the others as Amos counted. "Ready! After three. One, two..."

"Harry!" Arthur shouted to Harry and Harry quickly grabbed the boot.

"...three!" Amos cried and we lifted off the ground, spinning.

My fingers glued to the boot and I didn't dare try to take them away.

"Let go, kids!" Arthur shouted.

"What?!" Hermione and I said together.

"Let go!"

I shut my eyes and pulled my hand away from the boot. Free falling is the scariest thing I've ever felt, the sense of not knowing when the impact would come. And then it hits you.
We each hit the ground with a loud thump. I groaned and rolled over to stand up.

"I'll bet that cleared your sinuses, eh?" Arthur smiled as he, Amos, and Cedric landed softly on their feet.

"Come on!" Amos smiled waving us up the hill.

The rest of us got up and followed him up. I smiled brightly looking out at the thousands of tents and people. And just in the distance the stadium could be seen.

"Well, kids, welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!" Arthur said to us.

"Wow!" I breathed as we started off into the crowd. I clutched Fred and George arms as we pushed through the crowd avoiding brooms and other wizards.

"Stay together! Keep up, girls!" Arthur called as we weaved our way through. "Come on! Keep up, girls!"

"Blimey!" Amos laughed. "Parting of the ways, I think, old chap."
Arthur nodded and they shook hands, "See you at the Match."

"See you at the Match," agreed Amos.

"Cedric," Arthur nodded shaking his hand.

"Ced, come on!" Amos cried as they walked off.

"See you later, Cedric," the twins called.

Arthur then lead us into a different direction through a few rows of tents. "Ah," he smiled and then opened one of the tents' flaps. "Home, sweet, home." He then gestured for us to walk inside.

We each gave each other strange looks. Then Fred and George went in. Followed by Ginny, Hermione, and I. I gazed up at the fall canopy and two bedrooms. It was huge. With a kitchen, living room, and a bath as well. Giggling I ran after Hermione and Ginny to find a bed.

"Excellent, excellent," Arthur smiled. "Girls, choose a bunk and unpack. Ron, get out of the kitchen. We're all hungry."

I laughed. "Yeah, get out of the kitchen, Ron." The twins repeated.

"Feet off the table," scolded Arthur.

"Feet off the table," they said pretending to take their feet off and
putting them back on when Arthur turned his back.

After everyone hat settled, Ginny and Hermione began cooking while the boys chatted about the upcoming game. I sat in the room Hermione, Ginny, and I chose and looked through the letters I received this summer. I smiled seeing most of them were from Draco. He wrote every week. Even though no one knew they were from him. Not even Hermione.

A lot of them were simple things. Asking about what happened that week and little stories of trips to the muggle world or Diagon Alley. Earlier letters were him asking for forgiveness from what he'd done last year, and trying to prove it. Sometimes he'd send me flowers or chocolate as gifts.

"Abby," Hermione said from the doorway. "Food's ready. And after that we're going to head up to the stadium." I nodded picking up the letters. "Why do you have those with you?" she asked coming and sitting down next to me.

I shrugged. "They're special to me. It was the best summer I've ever had."

"Who's Dragon?" Hermione asked picking up one of the letters.

"Uhh, no one," I mumbled taking the letter from her and putting it back into my box with the others.

"You can tell me, Abby. I won't poke fun like the others.” I frowned. Sighing she said, “Nevermind. I’ll wait.”

"Come on," I said standing up. "I don't wanna talk about it right now."

She nodded and we joined the others in eating. After we had finished we left the tent and started towards the large stadium. I groaned at the long walk and the large amounts of stairs, and lagged behind the others. Though Ron's voice sounded loud and clear over the wind.

"Blimey, Dad. How far up are we?"

"Well, put it this way:" all of our heads turned to Lucius's voice, "if it rains, you'll be the first to know."

Draco chuckled. "Father and I are in the Minister's box," he said as they walked around the bend to a walkway just below us, "by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

Lucius picked up his cane and shoved it into Draco's chest. "Don't boast, Draco. There's no need with these people." I saw Harry turn Hermione away and he turned as well but Lucius caught his pant leg with his cane. "Do enjoy yourself. Well you should. While you can." He let Harry go and the others headed up the steps.

"You comin', Abby?" asked Ginny.

"I think I'm gonna rest for a moment, save me a seat."

She nodded and followed after the others. After she was gone I trailed back down the step to where Draco had been. I looked for him in the crowd of people but he didn't seem to be anywhere.
"Looking for someone?"

I squeaked and spun around. "Don't scare me like that, Malfoy!" I hissed smiling.

He chuckled, "Sorry you're so jumpy."

"I'm not jumpy," I huffed crossing my arms.

He chuckled again, "It's nice to see you again, Abigail. You've grown more beautiful over the summer."

I blushed, "Thank you. You've...grown over the summer too," I said looking up at him.

"Naw, I think you shrank." Draco said shaking his head.

"People don't shrink! Not young people anyway," I pouted.

He laughed, "Hearing you talk in person is much better than letters. Letters don't pout."

I blushed again, "Thank you, by the way. For writing and all the gifts."

He shrugged, "No need to thank me." He smiled, "You still wear the necklace I gave you, I see."

I touched the crystal ball wrapped around my neck. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

He shuffled his feet, "Well, seeing as you hated me at the end of last year, I thought you would've thrown it into the Black Lake."

I shook my head, "A gift is a gift, no matter who it's from."

Draco smiled, "Good, because I have another one for you."

"Draco, you didn't have to get me anything," I frown as he dug through his pockets.

"Here," he smiled handing me a black box.

"Dra-"

He shook his head, "Just open it."

Sighing I pulled the top off the box and smiled. "Dragon."

He took the box from me and pulled out a charm bracelet with a little dragon in the middle. He took my wrist and clasped it around it. "You can add more as well. It's to remember your friends, and, uh, I thought I'd go ahead and place one of me on there." He blushed slightly.

Giggling I hugged him, "I love it, Draco."

"Good." He smiled. "I'm glad."

"Good evening!" Fudge's voice floated through the stadium.

"We'd better go," I frowned.

He hugged me, "See you at school."

"Bye, Draco." I quickly ran off up the steps.

"As Minister for Magic, it gives me great pleasure to welcome each and everyone of you," Fudge continued as I made my way back to the Weasley's, "to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup!" I found my way over to our seats and stood next to the twins.

"Where've you been?" They asked.

I shrugged, "I needed to rest."

"You missed the introductions," spoke Fred.

"Let the Match being!" Fudge shouted.

"But not the Match!" I laughed.