Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

The Knight Bus

The Knight Bus lurched to a stop, sending my book flying across the bus before I could get a handle on it. I let out an irritated huff as I got up to pick it up again. When I straightened up I jumped backwards sing Harry Potter standing before me.

“Oh, my God! Harry,” I squealed throwing my arms around his neck.

“Oh, um,” he frowned awkwardly.

Laughing I pulled away from him, “It’s me, Harry! Abigail!”

His eyes and smile widened, “Abby?”

“Yea!” I said excitedly.

“You’re hair,” he commented, smiling.

“Do you like,” I asked doing a little spin, showing off my outfit as well.

“You definitely look different,” he nodded. “Good different,” he added quickly. I hugged him again, giggling.

"Come on. Move on, move on, move on," Stan urged us irritably.

I grabbed Harry's wrist pulling him to the front of the bus. I sat down on the bed while Harry looked around the bus. Stan gave him a ticket and Harry quickly shoved it in his pocket. Stan then tapped the window to the driver.

"Take her away, Ern," he said.

"Yeah," cheered the shrunken head, "take it away, Ernie. It's going to be a bumpy ride." He then let out his shrill Jamaican laugh, as he bus took off.

Harry fell back onto the bed next to me, almost falling over the edge to the floor. I laughed at him as he sat back up. The beds shifted around and then returned to their original spots.

"What did you say your name was, again?" asked Stan.

"I didn't," frowned Harry as he held onto the bed post.

"Well, whereabouts are you headed?" he asked.

"The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London."

I giggled. "You hear that, Ern? 'The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London'," Stan chuckled.

"The Leaky Cauldron. Eh, if you have the pea soup make sure you eat it before it eats you." I laughed along with the Shrunken Head.

"But the muggles," said Harry. "Can't they see us?"

"Muggles?!" I laughed.

"They don't see nothing do they?" asked Stan.

"No," agreed the Shrunken Head, "but if you jab them with a fork, they feel," he laughed again. "Ernie, little old lady at 12o'clock!"

The bus lurched to a stop, I grabbed a hold of the bed rail, pushing my feet into the floor to stop myself from flying up, but Harry few up and smacked the window. "You've obviously never ridden a Knight Bus before." I laughed as he pulled himself away from the window.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, three and a half, two, one and three quarters. Yes!" The Shrunken Head yelled as the bus took off again after the old woman had passed.

Harry fell back on the bed again and I snickered at him. "Shut up," he said punching my arm lightly. Harry looked up at the newspaper that Stan now held. "Who is that? That man?"

Stan sighed, irritated, closing the paper to the front page. "Who is that? Who is-?" he showed us the front page. "That is Sirius Black, that is. Don't tell me you've never been hearing of Sirius Black." Harry and I shook our heads. "He's a murder. Got himself looked up in Azkaban for it."

"How did he escape?" asked Harry.

"Well, that's the question, isn't it? He's the first one that done it. He was a big supporter of," he nodded and the whispered, "You-know-who. I reckon you've heard of him."

"Yeah," sighed Harry. "Him I've heard of."

"How was your summer, Harry?" I asked bringing his attention back in the bus.

"How is is normally?" he asked rolling his eyes playfully.

I smiled, "Well, how'd you end up here?"

He snorted, "Blew up my Aunt Marge."

I burst out laughing, "Like literally?"

"Like a balloon," he corrected.

"Don't most of your Uncle's relatives look like balloon's anyway?"

Harry chuckled, "Yeah. How was your summer, Abby?"

“Well, I spent a lot of my time on the night bus, actually,” I smiled seeing Stan roll his eyes from behind his paper. “Just a lot of traveling. I was adventurous this summer.”

"Ernie, two double-deckers at 12o'clock," the shrunken head spoke. I looked up and saw two red double-deckers ahead of us. "They're getting closer, Ernie," said spoke, more worried this time. "Ernie, they're right on top of us!" He shouted. Ernie pulled a lever and time slowed outside of the bus. He pulled another lever and the bus shrunk inward.

"Mind your head," chuckled the shrunken head. "Hey, guys? Guys? Why the long faces?" he laughed. I laughed as well as the bus returned to normal and took off again. "Yeah, yeah," the shrunken head said as we rounded another corner. "Nearly there. Nearly there."

The bus lurched to a stop again, sending Harry flying up to smack the glass a second time.

"The Leaky Cauldron," sighed Stan gesturing for us to leave.

"Next stop, Knockturn Alley," informed the shrunken head.

A man stepped on to the bus as Harry and I moved to get off. "Ahh," he smiled with this crooked teeth. "Mr. Potter, at last." He turned and nodded, "Miss Manlenthrope." He bowed down lower then his hunchback self already bowed. Tom, the hunchback, grabbed our trunks and pulled them behind him as Harry and I followed him into the Leaky Cauldron. "Mr. Potter, you will follow me," he smiled. "And Theo will show you to your room, Miss Menlenthrope." He then turned to the young man. "Rooms Eleven and Twelve."

"See you later, Harry," I said hugging him.

"Hope so," he mumbled to me then followed Tom.

Theo picked up mine and Harry's trunks and I followed him up the stairs. He stopped in front of room eleven, setting Harry's trunk inside, he then opened room twelve, gesturing for me to enter first.

"Thank you," I smile at him as he set my trunk down.

He nodded, "You're welcome, Miss Manlenthrope. Your school books are there," he pointed to the desk. "The minister took the liberty of having them bought for you. And has paid for you room. Enjoy your stay, Miss." He then turned and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Sighing heavily I laid back on my bed only to have an annoying tapping come from my window. I got up and opened the window so my owl, Gin, could fly through. I smiled at him and gently petted his feathers down. I then changed and climbed into bed to rest from the stressful ride of the Knight Bus.

******

The next morning I woke up early and dressed quickly, grabbed my bag and went downstairs to the Lobby. I ordered some pumpkin juice then grabbed a paper. I sat at the table while I waited for either Ron, Harry, or Hermione to come in. Hermione had sent me an owl last night saying she and Ron would be arriving sometime in the morning.The front door opened, out of habit I glanced up to see who it was, to see a white blonde head of hair I didn't wish to. I folded up my paper, down the rest of my drink, got up and stalked back up the steps. Not taking another look at the boy.

I walked down by mine and Harry's room, hearing the housekeeper get yelled at. Harry stepped out of his room as a cat, chasing a rat, ran by us. My eyebrows drew together in confusion. I looked at Harry, we both followed the animals back to the lobby, luckily Malfoy was gone.

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy," Ron yelled at Hermione as he clutched his pet rat to his chest.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect?" Hermione snapped back, petting a ball of orange fur she held in her arms. "It's in his nature."

"A cat?" snorted Ron. "Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair, if you ask me." I giggled silently, following Harry down the steps to our friends.

"That's rich, coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush," she snapped as the cat meowed in her arms. "That's right, Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy," she cooed to the cat as Harry and I reached the bottom of the steps.

"Harry," gasped Ron.

Hermione spun around and smiled, "Harry."

I stepped around him, "What? No love for me?" I pouted at the two of them.

"Abigail?!" gasped Hermione.

"The one and only," I smiled. She squealed running over and hugging me. "Yeah, I missed you too, Hermione," I laughed.

She pulled back, "Look at you! Your hair!"

"You like?" I asked as she played with my blond hair with black underneath.

"It's a whole new you," she smiled hugging me again.

When she let go I glared over at Ron. "Do I get a hug from my ginger brother or not?" I teased.

Ron chuckled and hugged me, "How was your summer?"

"Good. You?" I asked.

He nodded enthusiastically, "Come here." He waved us all over to the long table I had been sitting at earlier. Ron and Harry sat on one side while Hermione and I seated ourselves across from them. Ron pulled out an old paper smiling. "My dad won us a trip to Egypt over the summer," he smiled placing the newspaper clipping on the table with a picture of the whole Weasley family on the front.

"Egypt. What's it like?" asked Harry.

"Brilliant," smiled Ron. "Loads of old stuff, like mummies and tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself."

"You know, the Egyptians used to worship cats," spoke Hermione.

"Yeah. Along with a dung beetle," Ron snapped back.

"Not flashing that clipping about, again, are you, Ron?" inquired on of the Weasley twins as they both walked in.

"I haven't shown anyone," grumbled Ron.

Fred grabbed the paper off the table while George spoke, "No, not a soul. Not unless you count Tom."

"The day maid," added Fred.

"Night maid," continued George.

"The cook," sighed Fred.

"The bloke who fixed the toilet," George continued as the two sat down next to me, after Hermione had gotten up to speak with Ginny.

"And that wizard from Belgium," finished Fred.

Ron only glared. I giggled and looked up at my two favorite twins. "Come now, boys, he only wishes to who how cool you guys are."

The twins raised their eyebrows of me. "Who are you?"

I clutch my chest and pout, "Now that one hurt, boys."

"I know that pout!" shouted George. "It's Abby Bear!"

I nodded laughing. The two of them then grabbed me into a hug and squeezed. "Guys," I gasped, "can't breath!"

"Is that Abigail I hear," inquired Mrs. Weasley as she stood at the head of the table.

"Hi, Mrs. Weasley," I breathed when the boys let me go and I stood up.

"Oh," she hugged me, "it's nice to see you again, dear." She pulled back and patted my cheek. "You look so grown up."

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley." I smile at the woman I saw as my mother.

"Now, you got everything for school?" I nodded. "All your books? All your clothes?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Good girl," she smiled and then bustled off to talk with Percy.

I smiled at the table of gingers. They chatted and giggled among themselves and I smiled because I knew that this was a family.

"Abby! Get your little blonde butt over here and tell us about your summer," shouted Fred.

I laughed, sitting down. A family I was apart of.