Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

What is Happening? -Abigail's P.O.V.-

I had left the champion drawing, numb. Draco escorted me back down to the dungeons, but I don't remember walking. I felt lost. My gut ached with sickness. What is happening? I was now sitting in the common room staring blankly into the fire as the Slytherins around me discussed, laughing mostly, about Harry being a Triwizard Champion. Even Draco was making rude comments, but I was too shocked to even scold him.

With little thought I stood up and exited the common room. Draco called after me, but I needed to get away from the noise.

"Abby?" Draco called running to catch up to me. "Where are you going?"

I shook my head, "I need to go to the Divination room. I need to think."

"Do you want me to come with you?" he frowned.

"No. I need to be alone. I need to think, no distractions." He paused, not really wanting me to be left alone. "Please, Draco. I'll be back soon, but I need to sort myself out." Finally he nodded, hugged me, then returned back to the common room.

I quickly made my way up to the Divination room, unlocked the door, and slipped inside. Taking deep breaths I took my crystal ball from the necklace Draco had given me, using a spell to enlarge it, and placed it on the stand in front of me.

It took a while for me to concentrate on what I wanted to know, but once the clouds began to swirl, I was sucked into a dream like state. The clouds covered most of my vision I could barely see anything. A flash of green traveled through the clouds. Then a flash of red. Ghosts appeared, the first one I recognized as Cedric Diggory. My breath caught in my throat as another appeared next to him. An elderly man, he looked sad. Neither of them spoke. Finally two more ghosts appeared. I recognized them instantly, not because I knew them personally, but because they were Harry's parents. Lily and James Potter stood before me, talking, shouting, but I couldn't hear them. That's when I realized that these ghosts must have been the people my father had killed. I looked at Cedric once more before I was drawn back out of the clouds.

I blinked, glancing around the dimly lit room, the flame from the candle dancing shadows around me. I needed more information. I replaced the crystal ball back onto my necklace and began to prepare for another form of Divination. With a bowl of water, I lit a second candle, I allowed it to burn for a few moments before tipping it, dropping some hot wax into the bowl. This form of Divination was called Ceromancy. It was a similar reading like tea leaves. Once the wax touched the water, it would harden, hopefully, into symbols that meant something.

The first symbol was a pair of leaves. Things would be changing soon. I tipped the candle multiple times, watching the wax harden into different symbols. Many of them relayed a similar message. Umbrella-trouble was coming. Lion-an unpleasant situation was developing. Scissors- separation. Snake-be on guard against an enemy. I swallowed hard. Cloud-something or someone threatens you. Wheel-one who has been away will return soon. Ghost-someone from the past is looking for you. I tipped the candle a few more times, but the wax hardened into useless shapes, no longer telling me anything.

I placed my head in my hands, this wasn't helping me much more then my previous predictions. Sighing I decided to try one more form of Divination, Aspidomancy. I went to the cupboard and grabbed a handful of candles. Placing them in a perfect circle, I then drew small lines and circles connecting them to one another. I stepped inside the circle, lit the candles, and was instantly sucked away from the Divination class room.

I was standing in a graveyard, it was dark, there was no noise. Slowly I walked around the graves, trying to figure out where I was. That's when I saw it. It was a large grave, the grim reaper being the predominate feature of the grave. On the side was written Riddle a cauldron sat in front of it.

Two loud thumps made me jump, I glanced over to see Harry and Cedric, and the Triwizard Cup tumbling away. "Harry," I breathed. But he didn't say anything. They couldn't see me. It was only a prediction. They were talking, but I couldn't hear their words. Harry got up and inspected the grave, while Cedric marveled at the Cup. Harry became frantic as Cedric came around the grave marker.

Harry's face contorted and looked as though he was screaming in agony, his hand pressed against his scar. The fire under the cauldron lit Cedric tried to help Harry. I followed Harry's gaze and saw them. Peter Pettigrew... and my father. At least what was left of him. Cedric held up his wand, Peter lifted his, sending out a green flash, Cedric went flying backwards, then laid motionless.

I was screaming at this point. My voice was hoarse, I was scared, and they couldn't hear me but it felt so real. Using the wand Peter lifted Harry up, the Grim Reaper grabbing him, holding him to the stone marker. Peter then turned, dropping my father into the cauldron. Peter then took a bone , placed it into the cauldron, then cut off his hand into the black, before taking a new knife, cutting Harry's arm, then dripping the blood into the black pot as well.

Harry's face was red as he screamed, but again I could hear nothing. The whole pot lit on fire before melting away, leaving my father, standing in his full glory before us. He was snake like, hairless with slit nose, even his eyes looked like a snake. Peter bowed, handing him his wand. Voldemort then pressed it to the Dark Mark on Peter's left arm.

Swirling black smoke came from the sky, as other members of the Death Eaters appeared in the grave yard. He then began to speak to the followers. He was angry with them, removing their masks, each one fell to their knees. The final one being Lucius Malfoy. He removed his hood before standing up once again. Wormtail spoke up, Voldemort rushed at him, angry before giving him a new hand in replace of the one he had cut off.

Voldemort then went over to where Cedric laid on the ground. Tears were weld up in my eyes, my throat burned from the screaming. Harry spoke and that's when Voldemort finally looked at him. He slinked up to him, speaking with a smirk on his face. He began to pace, speaking to Harry and the Death Eaters. Then he quickly returned to stand before Harry, placing on long slender finger onto his scar. Harry screamed. Voldemort screamed happily.

With a swift turn Voldemort removed the staff, holding Harry to the grave marker, sending him to the ground. Voldemort walked away, then command Harry to do something. Pick up his wand? Stand? That was the gestures I got from it. My heart was beating quickly. I was terrified of what was happening. Was this true? What could I do to stop it? How?

Harry stood, Voldemort bowed, before making Harry do the same. They were dueling. Voldemort ran at Harry, sending him back to the ground. Harry began to convulse, probably from the Cruciatus Curse. Voldemort lifted the curse away, slinking closer to Harry. Harry threw a spell at Voldemort, but he blocked it, sending it back at Harry who tumbled away. Again, Voldemort slinked closer to him, before kneeling next to Harry. He then lifted Harry back to his feet, then turning away. Harry ran behind the pillar, Voldemort threw a curse after him, green light erupting from his wand. I knew he was trying to kill Harry.

I began to scream again, trying desperately for it to change the outcome of what was happening. To get them to hear me. It was all so real. Harry re-emurged from where he was hiding. The Death Eaters were crowded behind Voldemort, watching the scene, just like me.

Then Harry and Voldemort threw spells at one another, but the spells locked together, colliding in the middle. Voldemort's green, Harry's red. Nothing seemed to be happening, the golden lighting the middle produced a large canvas over them, as Harry's spell reached the tip of Voldemort's wand, a white figure flashed from it. Cedric. Another flash. The old man. Two more flashes. Harry's parents. I screamed louder. This was the part of the scene I had seen in the crystal ball. I tried to move, run closer to Harry, but I was stuck in one spot.

The ghosts spoke to Harry, then with a flash, Harry broke the connection between the wands and the ghosts flew towards Voldemort, obstructing is vision. Harry ran to Cedric's body...

I was pulled from my trance, drenched in sweat. I was lying on the floor, the candles blown out around me, but lights were all around the room. The door wide open. Professors crowded around me. Snape knelt next to me, McGonagall stood next to him, her hand over her mouth, Moody stood by the door, his lips in a thin line. Dumbledore knelt on my other side. And Trelawney was pacing, shaking her head.

"No," I breathed. "No! Why did you do that?!" I shouted, trying to sit up, Snape pressed on my shoulder holding me down. "No! I wasn't done! I need to know!"

"Abigail," Snape said sternly.

"No!" I screamed, my voice hoarse, my throat throbbing. I shook off Snape and sat up. "No," I began to sob, I was reaching for the candles that were knocked over. "No, I have to finish. I have to go back." I turned to Snape, "You shouldn't have pulled me out! I need to know!"

"Miss Malenthrope," McGonagall said leaning down to touch me, there were tears in her eyes.

I threw myself away from her. "No!" I was breathing heavily. "No, I...I need to go back." My memory was slipping. Where had I been? "No," I whispered now. I put my head in my hands. "No! It was important," I gasped for air. What was wrong? Why couldn't I remember? I looked up to the Professors surrounding me. "What was I saying? When I was in the trance. What was I saying?" I was desperate now.

Dumbledore touched my shoulder, "You weren't saying anything, Abigail. You were screaming. We didn't hear any words, no sentences. I'm sorry."

Tears ran down my face, I looked to Snape. "It was important," I breathed. "I have to go back."

"Absolutely not," Trelawney finally spoke up. "This magic is way beyond you, Miss Malenthrope. You do not know what you are messing with," she hissed at me. "Without proper training you could get stuck in that state!"

"But-" I began.

"No, Abigail," Snape hissed. "No more."

"Someone's in trouble," was all I whispered before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I surprised myself with this chapter, so I hope you like it! :)