Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Best Foot Forward

*Juliets P.O.V.*

"Harry!" I cried as he cam out of the tent. I engulfed him into a hug, instantly knowing it was a bad thing to do. He was bleeding. My fangs extended down from my gums, my mouth watering. I quickly shoved Harry back, covering my face.

"Juliet? Are you alright?" questioned Harry.

I swallowed, trying to keep my face hidden, I shoved my cap down, "Um."

"Juliet," Hermione whispered, moving closer to me. I pulled my scarf up trying to hid my face as much as possible. "Are you sick?" Hermione asked, she clearly knew what was wrong with me and she was failing miserably to convince Harry that she had no clue what I was doing.

"I'm not daft, Hermione," grumbled Harry.

Hermione sighed heatedly, "Juliet, there's not a lot of people around, most of them left after Harry's dragon. Maybe..." she trailed off. I looked at her, terrified, I had already told three people about this, though each one of them took it okay, the fact Malfoy might know too scared me. I didn't want the whole school to mutiny against me. "Harry you have to promise," Hermione said quickly, turning back to him. "You have to promise not to tell."

"Tell what?" Harry frowned.

I turned towards Harry, pulling my scarf down a bit. He jumped back, though not too much, figuring he had just battled a dragon, his response wasn't as dramatic as it could have been. "I'm part vampire, Harry. Only half, but I still need blood to survive. I don't feed on humans, the Ministry has a system set up for my mother and I to receive blood bags every month. I would never harm anyone in this school," I whispered.

Harry swallowed, "Who-who all knows?"

"Dumbledore of course," I said quickly, knowing he wanted to know that the man he trusted most knew what was happening. "And all the other professors. Abby, Hermione, and Ron know as well." I paused, "And maybe Malfoy too."

Harry's eyes widened, "That's what he meant earlier about half-breed." I nodded. "I promise." He finally said after a long moment of silence. "I won't tell anyone."

I nodded, "I-uh-I should probably go." They both nodded, and I quickly made my way back to the castle to feed.

___________________________________________________________________________________

*Abigail's P.O.V.*

I left Draco by the stands to run off and find Harry. I was walking up to them as Juliet quickly left the group. "What's going on," I frowned.

Hermione shook her head, "Juliet was just hungry."

I glanced over at Harry. "I know," he sighed, shaking his head. "I'm okay with it."

Smiling I walked over to him, throwing my arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly, "You scared me out there."

He hugged me back, "I was scared for myself."

I chuckled lightly, squeezing him tighter, before releasing him again. "You did great, Harry." In the pit of my stomach, I felt nauseous, there was something that I needed to warn him about, but of course, I didn't know what. I huffed, averting my eyes away from Harry.

"You alright?" he asked, frowning.

I nodded, "Yeah. Just the feeling that I need to tell you something, but I don't know what."

He smiled sadly, placing a hand on my shoulder, "It's alright, Abby." I nodded, swallowing.

"You want to come with us to the common room," offered Hermione, hopefully.

I thought for a moment, but shook my head. "No. Not tonight. I have a feeling you Gryffindors will be celebrating, and I don't think I'm quite up for it. Next time," I added seeing Hermione's face. She smiled, hugging me. "Good night," I called to them as they began to walk away.

"Good night!" they called back.

I watched them walk away, frowning. They were my best friends. Along with Ron and the rest of the Weasley's of course, and Juliet was making her way into my heart as well. And they were all in danger of the one person I could call blood. The one person I hated most in the world, that had created me. I was lost on what was going to happen in the next few years. Would I still be able to roam around the castle with them safely? Or would I have to desert them at their most dire time of need? Would we still be able to call each other friends in three years? These thoughts hurt more than anything. Tears began to slip down my cheeks as the clouds grew darker. A small touch on my arm made me jump. It was Draco.

"Abby?" he frowned. "You alright? You've been standing here for a while."

I quickly wiped away my tears, "Just lost in thought, I guess."

He gently placed his arm around my shoulders, "Let's get back to the castle, yeah?" I nodded, allowing him to lead the way. "Remember, Abbs, no mater what, I'm on your side," he whispered in my ear. I smiled, gently wrapping my arm around his waist. He knew how to make me feel better.

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Juliet's P.O.V.*

In the the common room everyone was cheering for Harry as he showed off the golden egg. Harry smiled brightly and had that twinkle of accomplishment in his eyes. Fred and George came up behind Harry, lifting him up onto their shoulders. Harry tossed the egg into the crowd, allowing it to be passed around.

"Yes, Harry!" cried Fred.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry. Lose a leg," stated George.

"Or an arm," continued Fred.

"Pack it in altogether?" asked George.

"Never!" the twins cried together.

I laughed as Seamus yelled, "Shush!" He kissed the egg as it was passed to him, "Go on, Harry. What's the clue?" he asked handing it up to Harry.

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry asked the crowd.

"Yes!" we all cried together.

"Do you want me to open it?"

"YES!"

Harry twisted open the egg and a horrid scream erupted from it. Everyone quickly covered their ears, Fred and George dropping Harry back down to his feet. I bent over, pressing my fingers into my ears, hearing the scream ten times louder than anyone else in the room.

"Close it!" I screamed. Harry quickly pushed the egg closed, making the screaming stop.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked entering the common room. Everyone in the room went silent, the vibe in the air turning awkward.

"All right everyone! Go back to your knitting," spoke up Fred. "This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in."

Everyone turned away from Harry and Ron, but very few actually left the common room. I sat down next to Hermione and Ginny, watching as Ron slowly walked up to Harry, "I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire."

"Caught on, have you?" Harry shot back. "Took you long enough."

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it." Ron leaned closer, "Everyone was saying it behind your back."

Harry looked around, "Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better."

Ron shrugged, "Least I warned you about the dragons."

Harry frowned, "Hagrid warned me about the dragons."

"No, no, no, I did," Ron placed his hand on Harry's shoulder, "No, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be alright, you know, after you'd figured that out."

"Who-? Who could have possibly figured that out? That's completely mental."

Ron chuckled, "Yeah. Isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught."

"Boys," Hermione whispered shaking her head.

She turned to me, I sighed shaking my head as well, "A species I will never understand."

____________________________________________________________________________________

A few days later we sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast. I sat eagerly waiting for my family owl, Misty, to bring me a letter and a bag of blood pills from my mother. The Patil twins walked by whispering to themselves, but when they passed Harry, simultaneously said, "Hi, Harry."

Harry turned, nodding to them, taking a drink of his pumpkin juice. "Cho, Harry's looking at you," someone hissed at the Ravenclaw table. I looked up, watching as Cho turned, looking towards Harry, smiling. Harry went to smile back, dribbling juice down his front. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Look at this!" Hermione snapped angrily as she slammed the Daily Prophet down on the table. "I can't believe it! She's done it again. 'Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow.'" I scoffed as Harry rolled his eyes, "'But, we believe he won't take it as bad as some believe he would, he has a new girl in the picture already. Juliet Capulet, no relation to the infamous women of Shakespeare, but still his a great secret from us all.'"

"That troll," I growled.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley," a blond headed kid came up from behind Ron, handing him a large package.

"Oh, thank you, Nigel," Ron said, taking the package and looking it over. The boy stood with a little black book held to his chest, staring at Harry. Harry looked down at his food, trying to ignore the boys stare. Hermione cleared her throat, making Ron look back up at the boy. Ron nudge him away whispering, "Not now, Nigel. Later. Go on." The boy looked disappointed but turned away. We all stared at Ron. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." Hermione sighed folding the prophet back up, Harry went back to his cereal, while I looked up, delighted to see Misty flying towards me. "Oh, look. Mum's sent me something," Ron opened up the box, pulling out an ugly colored dress robe. "Mum sent me a dress." We all giggled at him.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry chuckled, reaching over pulling out a lacy bow. "Ah-ha!"

"Nose down, Harry," Ron said shoving his hand away. "Ginny, these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly," Ginny cringed.

"They're not for Ginny," giggled Hermione. "They're fore you." The whole table began to laugh. "Dress robes."

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked, his voice getting higher.

"The Yule Ball," I giggled.

"The what?" questioned Harry.

Hermione shook her head. "Professor McGonagall is supposed to be having a meeting with us today after breakfast."

"Don't you two ever read the notice board," I questioned.

"No," they said together. I shook my head, returning my attention back to Misty.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception," Professor McGonagall spoke as Mr. Filch fiddled with a large record player. All of Gryffindor house was seated in the room, girls on one side, boys on the other. "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered Frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance." The girls turned to each other in excitement as the boys turned and groaned. "Silence! the house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons."

Fred turned to George, whispering, "Try saying that five times fast, huh?" They both began to try saying it as quickly as they could. I giggled at them as Professor McGonagall continued not paying attention to the twins.

"Now, to dane is to let the body breath. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight," McGonagall smiled at us girls.

I watched as Ron leaned over to Seamus, "Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midge, but I don't think it's a swan." I glared over at him.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance," McGonagall said glaring at Ron as well. "Mr. Weasley."

"Yes?" he squeaked.

"Will you join me, please," she asked holding out her hand to Ron. She grabbed him up by the shirt, pulling him to the middle of the room. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

Ron's eyes widened, his pulse heightened, "Where?"

"My waist." One of the boys whistled, Ron tried pulling his hand away, McGonagall placed it back, "And extended you arm. Mr. Filch, if you please." Filch moved the needle over on the record, causing music to play. "One, two, three. One, two, three," McGonagall began to chant. I looked over, seeing the twins dancing and humming along to the song in a joking way.

"Oi!" Harry whispered to them, "Never gonna let him forget this, are you?"

The twins shook their heads, "Never."

"Everybody come together." The girls stood up instantly upon McGonagall's request, "Boys, on your feet!" None of them moved, except for Neville. I smiled and danced over to him.

"Would you care to dance, Mr. Longbottom," I smiled holding out my hand.

He smiled, blushing, "Uh, only if you want to."

"Oh, come now, Neville! I'm only a girl. I don't bite," I laughed at the irony of that sentence as Neville and I began to dance. We spun in the circular dance motion around the room. I looked over, seeing Ginny standing awkwardly. Smiling I sent Neville sailing over to her to dance. "Ginny needs a partner!" I called after him. I turned, quickly being grabbed up by someone else. I looked up, seeing the red hair of Fred Weasley.

"I need your help," he said quickly.

I giggled, "I wasn't going to say anything, but you are stepping on my feet." He groaned, placing his head on my shoulder. "What is wrong, Fred?" He lifted his head up, looking up over my shoulder longingly. I turned, following his gaze to a certain black haired beauty. "Star?" I questioned. He nodded, slightly pouting. "If you want to dance with her, just ask," I giggled watching the girl stand awkwardly in the shadows.

"I don't know how," he mumbled pathetically.

I rolled my eyes, "You are Fred Weasley. Be yourself." I tried pushing him towards her but he quickly escaped away from my outreached arms.

"No!" he squeaked, hiding behind me.

I huffed, "Fine, I'll ask her for you."

Fred tried grabbing my arms, "No!"

I slipped away from him and made my way over to Star. She glanced at me, seeing me walking towards her. She shifted slightly, crossing her arms. "Star," I smiled welcomingly at her. "Fred, being the scaredy-cat he is, can't ask you himself, so I'm asking for him. He wants to know if you want to practice the dance with him." Fred stood behind me, shuffling his feet looking at the floor. Star blushed wildly, her hair turning a tinge of pink, brighter than my color, but she nodded. Smiling, I gave Fred a shove towards her, "Great!"

Nervously Fred gently took her hand, "I'm really sorry if I step on your feet." Star only blushed some more as they clumsily tried to dance together.

Seeing that my work was done I returned back to the dance floor. I saw Harry still seated on the boys side, obviously trying not to draw the attention that he wasn't dancing. I walked over to him and stood right in front of his chair. He looked up at me, begging me not to make him dance. I only smirked, grabbing his arm, pulling him onto his feet. Slowly I tried to get him to work his feet the right way, laughing every time he ended up stepping on my feet.

"You're getting better," I commented as he continued to struggle. Chuckling he shook his head. "What?" I smiled.

"You're so bright," he smiled in admiration. I blushed, looking down. "I-I-I mean that you-uh-are energetic. You make everyone smile," Harry stuttered while his face went red.

I giggled. "You're the best guy friend a girl could ever ask for, Harry Potter." He smiled at me as Professor McGonagall called us to sit down so she could continue the lecture on the Yule Ball.