Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

An Unexpected Challenge -Juliet's P.O.V.-

Snow had begun to gather on the ground, the Yule Ball growing closer and closer. Harry and Ron were having a hard time talking to girls, let alone asking them to the Ball, both were envious of Victor Krum who always had a small heard of girls following him around. I myself hadn't had anyone ask me yet. For a long time now, I wished Harry would. I blushed at the thought as the four of us sat in the Great Hall studying. I looked down at my parchment, listening to Harry and Ron talk.

Ron was turned around in his seat, looking at the table behind us, "This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Snape grabbed Ron's head, shoving him back towards his work. "Well, us and Neville," Ron chuckled.

"Yeah, but, then again, he can talk himself," snickered Harry.

I kicked the guys in the shins as Hermione leaned over, "It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone."

Ron sighed dramatically, "Now I'm really depressed." George passed a paper across the table to Ron. Ron muttered what it said to himself, "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone." Ron tossed the paper back, "Who you going with, then?"

George picked up a balled up piece of paper and threw it at Angelina. "Oi! Angelina?"

"What?" she hissed.

George made hand gestures as he whispered, "Do you wanna go to the ball with me?"

"To the ball?" she smiled shyly. "Yeah, all right."

George winked at Ron, returning to his work. I giggled, watching Ron turned to Hermione, "Oi, Hermione. You're a girl."

"Very will spotted," she scoffed as Harry patted Ron's shoulder. I looked up, seeing Snape glare at them.

"Come with one of us?" asked Ron. Snape came up behind them, smacking a book on the back of Ron and Harry's heads. "Come on," he whispered once Snape had gone. "It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad." I frowned at him.

"I won't be going alone," snapped Hermione, hurrying to pick up her stuff, "because, believe it or not, someone's asked me!" She stood, giving her work to Snape, as she game back, she grabbed her other books, "And I said yes!" She then turned and stalked off.

"Bloody hell," muttered Ron. "She's lying, right?"

"If you say so," Harry shrugged.

I looked up at Snape as Ron spoke again, "Look, we've just gotta grit our teeth and do it." Snape rolled his eyes, pulling up his sleeves. "Tonight, when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?"

"Agreed," confirmed Harry.

Snape grabbed their heads, shoving them down towards their books. Snape then turned, stalking off. They boys said nothing more. Frowning I stood up, giving my work to Snape. He took it eyeing me slightly. "How many pages will I have to read this time, Miss Capulet?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

I smirked, "Now, Professor Snape, would you rather me give it my all, or write about as much as the Weasley twins do?"

I saw a smile in his eyes, even though his face remained straight, "You're recollection to detail is most impressive, Capulet. Though reading a book every night about something I already know is quite trying."

"Unless, Professor, the book is well written. I could read one book forever if it had amazing detail and wonderfully written."

"Two rolls of parchment are quite enough, Miss Capulet," he said nodding for me to go.

Smiling I turned, walking back to my table, I grabbed my things, noticing Harry and Ron giving me a funny look. I pulled my eyebrows together, "What?"

"You just had a conversation with Snape," said Ron.

"Yeah, so?"

"He's an evil git," Ron continued.

I laughed, "I don't see how you two get on his bad side. He seems fine to me." I then turned, skipping out of the Great Hall. I ran up to Gryffindor tower, to change out of my school uniform into something more comfortable. I then made my journey out to the owlery.

On my way down the steps, I rounded a corner, bumping right into someone, I took a quick step back to see the blonde hair of Draco Malfoy. His eyes narrowed, glaring at me, "Watch it Mudblood."

"I'm not a Mudblood," I hissed lowly.

"Half-breed," he corrected. "Been around anyones neck lately?"

"You offering," I hissed, my fangs slipping down from my gums, my eyes turning colors, veins popping out.

Malfoy stumbled back, "My father will hear about this."

I stepped forward, locking eyes with Malfoy, "You will forget what you see now. Your father will never hear about this little chat. You will stop relying on his judgment to form your own. Understood?"

Malfoy's face dropped, going straight and emotionless, "Yes."

I blinked, smiling, "Good." I slipped passed him, making my way back down the steps. I only took a few steps outside when I felt two pairs of hands grab me, pulling me back into the shadows. "Hey!" I shouted, kicking one of my grabbers.

"Oi! Was that necessary?" George shouted, holding his shin.

"Well, next time, don't grab me," I snap as they dropped me down into the snow. I glared up at the two red-headed boys. "Tell me again, why did you grab me?"

"We saw that little trick you pulled on Malfoy back there," Fred smirked, crossing his arms.

"And we want to know how you did it," George said, copying his twin.

I frowned, pushing myself up out of the snow, "Guys..."

"Oh come on, Juliet. It's only us standing here. You can tell us," whined George as he and Fred helped me back up to my feet.

"Yeah! Just show us."

"You want me to show you," I questioned as they got me back up onto my feet. "Are you sure?" They nodded enthusiastically. I sighed, "Okay, well, you have to remember, you asked for it." I grabbed George by the front of his shirt and pulled him close. My fangs slipped down from my gums, my eyes becoming their weird color, the veins popping out.

"Bloody hell," Fred said jumping back.

George didn't move, his eyes were locked with mine. I could make him do whatever wanted him to. He was basically hypnotized. I was surprised it was working, of course my mother was good at this little mind trick, but I was only half-vamp and sometimes it didn't work. I blinked, releasing him from the hypnosis state, letting him go, and stepping back. That's when George jumped back, seeing my eyes finally. I blinked, making everything return to normal again.

"What?" breathed George.

"Ugh, I hate both of you," I sigh. "I'm part vampire. Please don't freak out, please don't tell anyone. Though, now that I've discovered that my little mind trick actually works..." I smiled lightly at them. "Please don't freak..."

The twins looked at each other, "Brilliant!" I frowned.

"Don't worry, Jules," George said throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, we won't say anything," Fred said, throwing his arm over George's.

"Good," I breathed out. "There's so many people that know already."

"Who?" they asked.

"Well, Abby, Harry, Hermione, Ron-"

"That git! He knew before us!" shouted Fred.

I patted his chest, "Don't. Of course he knows, we have classes together all the time."

"But we're more important," George smirked.

I roll my eyes, "Well, if you are totally okay with this, I need to get going."

"Where?"

"I have to go to the owlery," I smiled, ducking out of their arms, "I'll meet you guys up there later." I waved at them as I walked the other way. I hummed happily tromping through the snow to the owlery. I started my way up the stairs, not paying attention, and bumped into Cho Chang.

"Oh! Sorry," she whispered shyly.

"It's okay," I smiled, making my way around her, and up the steps.

Down below I could hear more footsteps as they climbed up the front steps of the owlery. "Cho!"

"Harry!" I could hear the awkward steps of two people trying to find a way around each other, awkwardly laughing. "Watch yourself on the stairs. It's a bit icy at the top."

"Thanks for the heads up, Cho," I muttered under my breath.

"Okay, thanks," Harry laughed shyly. "Cho?"

"Yes?"

"Well, I just wondered if you-" Harry stuttered. "I wondered if maybe you wanted to go the ball with me." An owl hooted in the background. I frowned looking down at my hands. Why did I feel jealous all the sudden.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that," said Cho.

"I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the ball with me," Harry breathed out.

"Oh. Um. Harry, I'm sorry, but someone's already asked me. And...well, I'v said I'll go with him," Cho said awkwardly.

"Okay. Yeah. Great," Harry said with disappointment in his voice. "Fine. No problem. Okay. Good." I heard Harry walk away.

"Harry?" Cho called after him and Harry went running back. "I really am sorry." I scoffed as I heard her walk away.

I glared at the open window as Misty flew through with a large parcel. She dropped it at my feet and chirped happily. I smiled slightly at her and picked up the package. I pulled out the small note from my parents.

Juliet,

We miss you so much sweetie. We heard about the Yule Ball and thought you could use this. Have fun! But just not too much!

With much love,

Mum and Dad


I smiled, standing up, I gave Misty a treat. She took it happily, lifting off to hid in the rafters with it. I turned and just about ran into Harry.

"Oh!" I gasped. Harry looked up, shocked that I was standing there. "Hi, Harry."

"Hi, Juliet," he said with his hands in his pockets, "What's that?"

I shrugged, "I'm guessing a dress for the Ball."

"Oh, you have a date yet?"

I shook my head. "No," I whispered.

"Oh," he muttered, but didn't say anything more.

I shuffled my feet, hoping he'd ask me, but he didn't say anything else. "Um, I'll see you later then?" I said stepping around him. He nodded walking over to the window. I tucked the package under my arm, starting the trek back to the castle with a clouded mind. What was I thinking? Harry was one of my best friends, he wouldn't ask me to the Ball.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It was later that night and I was sitting in one of the arm chairs, reading, trying to ignore Harry's sorrowful sighs. Why did it aggravate me so much that he wanted to go to the Ball with Cho? I mean Harry's my friend. I should be happy for him?

The portrait hole opened and I could hear Ginny whispering to Ron, "It's alright, Ron. It's okay, Ron. It's alright. It doesn't matter."

"What happened to you?" Harry asked getting up from the couch. I followed after him and Hermione. Ron looked white as a ghost.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out," spoke Ginny.

"What?" Hermione breathed, kneeling in front of Ron.

"What did she say?" asked Harry.

"No, of course," scoffed Hermione, but Ron shook his head. Hermione put her hands to her mouth, "She said yes?"

"Don't be silly," Ron finally spoke. "There she was, walking by. You know how I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it. It just sort of slipped out."

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening," frowned Ginny.

"What did you do then?" I asked.

"What else? I ran for it," Ron squeaked. "I'm not cut out for this. I don't know what got into me."

The Patil twins walked by, "Hi, Harry." I rolled my eyes at them.

"I always liked looking at them from behind," Ron rambled. "She's never gonna forgive me, ever."

I watched Harry turn around, chasing after the Patil twins, "Hey!"

I knew what he was going to ask next. I turned, storming up to the girls' dormitory, slamming the door shut behind me and locking it. I walked over to my cabinet, pulling out my little collection of blood bags. I went through three bags before I felt full. I quickly disposed of the bags, locking my cooler back up. I then began to pace the room. Harry's ignorance infuriated me. I mean, Ron is Hermione's best friends and he asked her! I sat down on my bed, tears threatening to leave my eyes. Harry was my best friend, still I felt like he should have asked me, not Cho. I felt like he shouldn't have asked anyone but me. Why were my feelings so different? Was I falling for Harry Potter?