Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

The Dilemma -Abigail's P.O.V.-

I quickly made my way up to the Gryffindor portrait. It had been a couple weeks since Draco had asked me to go to the Ball with him, and I hadn't told anyone. I honestly was the worst friend ever (sighs dramatically). Not really, but I did feel bad, I wasn't able to get away from homework long enough to even speak with anyone in Gryffindor tower, let alone spend girl time with Hermione, Juliet, Star, or even Ginny. I stopped in front of the portrait, about to ask if someone would kindly get a Gryffindor, when the portrait swung open. There, stood Fred.

"Perfect!" He said grabbing my arm, quickly pulling me into the Gryffindor Common room.

"It's nice to see you too, Fred," I laugh as he swings me around to face him.

"I need your help," he said quickly.

I frowned, "What did you do know."

He shook his head, "No! No, I didn't do anything yet. That's the problem!"

I cocked my head to the side, confused, "Sorry?"

I heard a door close up stairs, Fred lifted his gaze, his face falling even more. He said nothing, continuing to stare behind me. Slowly I turned to look over my shoulder and saw Star making her way down the steps. In her arms was a little black kitten. She smiled fondly at it before gazing up. Her cheeks went red, her hair turning a light shade of pink, and she quickly bustled past us and out the portrait hole. Fred followed her every move, gazing at the closed door after she had gone.

"Wow," I finally spoke. "You really do need help."

Fred quickly turned back to me, "I want to ask her to the Ball, but I don't know how."

"Fred," I said calmly. "You're Fred Weasley. A prankster, not scared of anything. Yet you can't ask a girl to the Ball?"

Fred threw his head back, letting out a frustrated growl, "I wanted to talk to you because I thought you'd be more compassionate about this."

I touched Fred's arm, "Calm down. I'll help you... What exactly do you need my help with?"

Fred reached into his pocket, pulling out a few pieced of parchment. He handed me one, but said nothing about it. Frowning I flipped it over a few times, waiting for magical ink to appear. I looked back up at Fred, who was holding his up, facing me.

Is it going to explode or something? The parchment read.

"Whoa," I said pointing at the ink. "I did not say that out load." He nodded looking at the piece in my hand. I looked down.

You thought it.

"How-" I began looking up at Fred. "You know if you applied yourself at school like this, you might've actually passed your OWL's last year."

Fred rolled his eyes, snatching the parchment out of my hands. "Do you think this is too weird?"

"No, it's brilliant actually," I said taking the parchment back, examining it. "How did you do that?"

He snatched it back again, "It's a secret. And It took a very long time, so I'm not going to tell you how. If you want one, I will sell you a pair for ten galleons."

I rolled my eyes, "You're barking." I sat on the arm of the couch. "I don't know what you need from me though, you've got what you need to get an answer."

"Well, actually, this was the first time I tested these, I didn't trust George or anyone with it," he shrugged. "But I don't know how to ask her."

"You really are a hopeless romantic, Fred Weasley," I say as he flops down on the couch. I thought about it while he made pathetic noises from the couch. "You know every corner of this castle. Why don't you show her some place that only you know about," I offered. "And not the kitchens. That's not romantic."

Fred thought about it, "There is a place...It over looks the lake." He looks at me for approval.

"Well, I don't know why you're still sitting here then. The sun is going to be setting soon. That would be perfect for a picnic," I say sarcastically, looking away.

Fred jumps up, kissing my cheek, "You really are the best."

"You're welcome," I call as he rushes out of the common room. I roll my eyes, pushing myself up from my seat, and walking up the steps to the girls' dormitory. I opened the door to find Hermione and Juliet chatting. I smiled, "Just the two I was looking for."

"Abby!" Hermione jumped up, hugging me. "It's been ages since we saw you."

"I know, I know," I sighed, plopping down on the bed next to her. "I have something I have to tell you two actually."

"Oh, really," smirked Juliet.

"Well," I breathed. "You know how I said that I probably wasn't going to go to the Ball." They both nodded. "Well, I am now."

"Did someone ask you?" Juliet asked excitedly.

"I bet I know who," Hermione stated. I looked at her, of course she knew. She always knows. "It was Draco, wasn't it?"

I blushed a deep red, "Yes."

"Oh! How did he ask you," Juliet asks. I knew she nor Hermione really liked Draco, but the fact that they seemed happy for me was enough. They were my best friends and if I was happy, they were happy.

"Well, he took me to Hogsmead to spend the day together. And he asked if I was going to the Ball, when I told him no, he asked why. I explained how I felt about the Weasley's spending money on me and how I didn't want them to have to buy me a gown. And then he offered to buy it for me. I turned him down at first, but he explained that he wanted to buy it for me, because he wanted to go with me." I blushed again, remembering the day he asked me.

"Aww, that's so romantic," Juliet pouted.

"Do either of you two have a date," I asked, trying to get them off track.

"Well, Hermione does, but one tell anyone," Juliet huffed. Hermione only smirked. "I do too, just a Durmstrang boy. Asked me because I was't like the other girls. What does that mean?"

I gave her a look, "You know very well that you give off a certain aura."

She huffed, crossing her arms, "Well, it wasn't romantic, any way."

"Do you two have your dresses?" I ask.

They both frown. "We'll go with you though," pipped up Hermione.

I smile, "I know you two would. I think we should wait for Star too."

"Star?" questioned Juliet.

I smirk, "Fred's going to ask her to the Ball."

"Is he really," breathed Hermione.

I nodded excitedly. "Yeah, he asked me if I could help him figure out a way to ask her."

"When?!" Juliet smiled brightly.

I shrugged, "I think he's going to ask her tonight."

Hermione's eyes widened, "I hope she says yes."

I look at her, "Why wouldn't she?"

Hermione frowned, "She's so shy. I just don't know..."

I frowned, "I didn't think about that. For Fred's sake I hope she says yes."

Juliet nodded, agreeing with us. I rubbed my arm, I was nervous now. Was it going to be okay?