Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

Tea Leaves

Over the weekend I spent my time with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I woke up early, meeting Hermione in the Great Hall, and spent my time outside with them till dark. I didn't see or hear from Draco all weekend. I felt a little hurt by his actions but at least I still had Ron, Harry and Hermione.

On Monday I sat with them at breakfast and compared our schedule's. I smiled upon seeing we had Divination and Care of Magical Creatures together today and Defense Against the Dark Arts tomorrow.

I was walking to Divination with Hermione when she disappeared. I stood awkwardly looking around for her for a moment and then continued on my way up to Divination. There I took a seat towards the back of the class and laid my head down. A few moments later books smacked down on the table next to me. I look up to ask where Hermione had went and frowned slightly when I saw Draco take the seat next to me.

"What do you want, Draco," I mumbled.

"To sit next to you," he said simply.

"Really, now? You know after all the talking we've had the last few days, I thought you hated me," I snap at him.

"I wanted to talk to you, but you were always busy," he shrugged.

I scoff, "I was bored out of my mind over the weekend, Draco."

"You were always with them," he said waving toward Harry and Ron.

"So? That doesn't mean you can't talk to me."

"Look," Draco shook his head. "I'm just trying to be your friend, Abigail."

"How do I know you're not lying?" I frown.

"Trust me.”

I stared into his bright grey eyes and looked for any indication of him lying, when I didn't, I nodded, "Okay."

"Welcome, my children," Professor Trelawney's dreamy voice floated around the room. "In this room you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight," she stood up and bumped into her small tea table. "Hello," she said stepping around the table. "I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you." Sighing I took Draco's cup as he took mine. "What do you see?" droned Trelawney and she wondered the room.

I gazed at Draco's cup. "See anything?" he snickered.

"Danger," I said looking at the octopus.

"Huh?"

"You are being warned. A series of trials are in your future. You'll need to be brave. And you will be. You'll be successful and bring honor to your bloodlines. A woman," I murmur. "You're wife, whom you are in love with." I giggle, "There's a child in your future." I look up to Draco's shocked face. "What?"

"You got all that from a couple of tea leaves?"

I shrug setting the cup back down. "I use to work for a predictor. She thought me everything I know about Divination." I shifted, "What do you see, Draco?"

He looked at my cup, "I honestly don't know."

I giggled and moved closer to him, "Here. I'll help. You see that cup there," I said pointing to the tea leaf in the form of a cup. "That means bloodlines. And the leaf, it means new life. The octopus, means danger and the dagger, warning..." my voice faltered at the end.

"So what does it all mean?" he asked.

"I-I," I stuttered looking at the placement of the other symbols. I grabbed the cup from him and jumped, dropping the cup when Professor Trelawney screamed.

"My dear, you have the Grim," she gasped looking at Harry.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" asked Seamus.

I roll my eyes, "The Grim, Finnigan, not the Grin. It's a symbol of a giant spectral dog. It's one of the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death." I swallowed at the last bit as I stared at into my own cup, showing my own fate.

I was quiet for the rest of the lesson. Trelawney seemed to shy away from Harry as she spoke more of the symbols. I spaced out, staring down at my tea cup, watching the symbols shoot out at me, full of warnings.

"Abigail?" I jumped as Draco touched my arm. "It's time to go." Nodding I grabbed my things and followed him out of the classroom. "Abigail, are you okay?" Draco frowned at me.

"Um, yeah," my gaze falls on Hermione. "I'll meet you at Hagrid's?" I asked. He nodded, seeming to understand I needed girl time right now. He walked off and I turned to find Hermione gone. Sighing I dash down the corridors and out toward Hagrid's. Finally, I caught up with them as the started to trek down the steep hill to Hagrid's hut.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" asked Ron as he lead the four of us down the hill.

"Oh, honestly, Ron. It you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline." I frowned. She didn't believe. "Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject," she sighed.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" questioned Ron.

"A fair few," she said simply.

Ron stopped, "Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly, Ronald," scoffed Hermione as she passed him on the stairs. "How could anyone be in two classes at once? 'Broaden your minds,'" she mumbled. "'Use your Inner Eye to see the future'," she laughed.

"Abbs?" Harry asked touching my shoulder. "You all right?"

I nod, "Yeah. I'm fine," I say giving him a fake smile.

When we got to Hagrid's I stood between Harry and Draco. I could feel the slight tension between the two but I had other things to worry about. Harry's Grim wasn't a hoax like most would think. And if my future proved to be true, then so could Harry's. I looked over at Harry as he chatted and laughed with Ron and Hermione. I smiled, coming to a conclusion, my father wouldn't hurt Harry as long as I was around. I felt a nudge in my side and I looked up at Draco.

"You seem distant. Is everything alright?"

I shook my head. "It's just the tea leaves."

Draco rolled his eyes. "You don't honestly believe in that stuff, do you?"

"Never once have I had a prediction turn out wrong." I say firmly.

Draco shook his head, "Don't let it get to you, Abigail. Otherwise you won't have any fun. Like the last two years of your life," He smirked, jokingly.

I lightly punched his arm, "No thanks to you, Malfoy."

"Come on, now," Hagrid shouted to the crowd of students. "Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me," he then waves us toward the forest. Ron, Harry, and Hermione follow first, but I decide to stay back with Draco. I stumbled over some rocks, my arms shot out, keeping myself from falling onto Draco, who walked in front of me.

"Not good on your feet?" snickered Draco.

"Some days," I sigh as we continue through the forest.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Spoke Hagrid.

"Exactly how do we do that?" snapped Draco as he helped me over the fallen short stone wall.

"Just stroke the spine of course. Goodness me," Hagrid said under his breath.

Hagrid walked off. I followed Draco and slightly giggled when Neville's book attacks him because he didn't stroke the spine.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom," laughed Seamus.

"I'm okay. Okay," Breathed Neville before his book attacked again.

"I think they're funny," Hermione said loud enough for us to hear.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Really witty," Draco scoffed. "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes," he laughs making his friends laugh.

"Draco," I hissed.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry snapped glaring at him.

"Oooooh," Draco and the other Slytherin's said together.

Draco takes his bag off his shoulder and drops it into Crabbe's arms. He then saunters up to Harry, smirking. After a moment his face turns into pure horror as he points to the sky, "Dementor! Dementor!"

I look up, pulling my want out of my cloak but there was nothing there. The Slytherin's laugh and flip up their hoods, "Oooh," they teased and laughed when Hermione pulled Harry away from them.

"That's not funny, Draco," I snap at him.

"It's just a bit of fun," Draco chuckled.

"You don't make fun of Dementor's, Draco. They're seriously dangerous creatures."

Draco scoffed, "Whatever, Abigail."

Hagrid cleared his throat. "Da, da, da, da," He cheered. I smiled gazing at the hippogriff. "Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" asked Ron.

"It's a hippogriff," I called from the back.

"Very good, Abigail. 10 points to Slytherin. Now, the first thing you wanna know is they're very proud creatures. Very easily offend. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do." He paused. "Now, who'd like to come say hello?" Hagrid turned and walked over to Buckbeak and as he did everyone stepped back but Harry. I went to step forward but Draco grabbed my arm. Hagrid turned and smiled, "Well done, Harry. Well done." Harry looked around, seeing he was standing alone. "Come on, now," he urged Harry. Ron gave Harry a shove and Harry slowly made his way toward Hagrid and Buckbeak.

"Now, you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So, step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not...Well, we'll get to that later." Harry took a few small hesitant steps. "Just make your bow." Harry began to bow and I rolled my eyes and stepped up to the front of the crowd of students. "Nice and low." Buckbeak waved his wings and squawked at Harry. "Back off, Harry. Back off." Harry quickly backs away as Buckbeak’s squawks again.

I giggled, "May I teach Harry a proper bow, Professor Hagrid?"

"All right then, Abigail," he said waving me up.

I skipped up next to Harry and smiled. "Watch and learn, Mr. Potter." I stepped up to Buckbeak and bowed lowly, bending my knees as I did. I gazed up at Buckbeak and saw him bow back to me. Smiling I stood up straight and looked at Harry. "Now you try."

Harry stepped next to me and bowed. Smiling I bowed with him and my smile grew when I saw Buckbeak bow back to the both of us. Hagrid laughs and begins to clap with the rest of the class.

"Well done, Harry. Well done, Abigail. Well, done. Here, you big brute, you," Hagrid said tossing Buckbeak a ferret.

"How-" Harry began turning to me.

"Buckbeak and I are very familiar with each other," I smile walking to Buckbeak and patting his feathers. "Come here and pet him, Harry," I smile.

Very slowly Harry approached Buckbeak and petted him. I smiled at Harry as Hagrid and the class clapped. "I think he may let you ride him now," Hagrid said approaching Harry.

"What?" asked Harry.

Hagrid picked him up, "Come on."

I backed away and giggled at Harry's protests. "Hagrid!" He yelled.

"Put you over here, just behind the wing joint," Hagrid said placing Harry on Buckbeak. "Don't pull out any of his feathers, because he won't thank you for that." Hagrid then smacks Buckbeak's flank. Buckbeak rears up, squawking, and takes off running before becoming airborne.

"You did very well, Abigail," Hagrid praised me.

"Thank you, Professor," I giggled. “You’re doing very well today too.”

Buckbeak circled the tree tops a few minutes later and Hagrid whistled for him to return to the ground. The class clapped as Buckbeak landed. "Well done, Harry, and well done, Buckbeak," Hagrid chuckled before going over and Helping Harry off of Buckbeak. I walked up to Buckbeak and petted his beak.

"Oh, please," Draco scoffed from the crowd. I watched him shove through and approach Buckbeak and I. "Yeah. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute."

"Draco, no!" I say as Buckbeak reared up. He smacked me, his talons scratching the side of my head. I fell to the ground as he reared up again.

"Malfoy, no..No! No!" yelled Hagrid as Buckbeak scratched Draco's arm. He fell to the ground, clutching his arm and whimpering as Hagrid jumped between him and Buckbeak. "Buckbeak! Whoa, whoa, whoa...Whoa! Buckbeak!" He then took a ferret and tossed it away and Buckbeak chased after it. "Away, you still creature..."

I sat up, holding the side of my head, "Ow," I mumbled as Harry helped me up. I pulled my hand back to find it covered in blood. I placed my hand back over my scratches, unable to cover the length of the scratch.

"Aw! It's killing me! It's killing me!" whined Draco.

"Calm down. It's just a scratch!" Hagrid reassured him.

"Hagrid!" shouted Hermione. "They have to be taken to the hospital!"

"I'm the teacher. I'll do it," He said picking up Draco. I walked over to the crowd grabbing mine and Draco's bags before following after them.

"You're gonna regret this," complained Draco.

"Class dismissed!" Shouted Hagrid.

"You and your bloody chicken!" Draco continued.

"Oh, shut up, Draco," I scoffed. "You're fine." I then started to pick up the pace and walked ahead of them. I made it to the Hospital Wing and Madam Pomfrey quickly bustled over to me, asking what happened. "It's nothing. I just need the bleeding to stop."

She handed me a cup moments later, frowning, "You'll have scars." I frowned running my finger down the side of my skull, I would have three long scars from just above my eyebrow to the back of my skull. I shrug as Hagrid entered the Hospital Wing with Draco. Who was still moaning and complaining. I rolled my eyes and went to get up but I stumbled and Madam Pomfrey caught me. "Lay down, dear. You lost a lot of blood."

Nodding I laid down on the hard bed and rested my eyes.

******

I woke up a few hours later by someone shaking me. "Abigail, wake up. It's time for supper," they hissed.

I waved them off, "Five more minutes."

They chuckled, "Five more minutes and you won't get supper."

I rolled over and groaned at the sight of the Weasley twins. "What do you two want?"

"We came to wake up our little Abby Bear," smirked Fred.

"Bloody Hell. That Hippogriff got you good, didn't he," George said eyeing my wounds.

"I may have a few scars, but I'm still better looking than the two of you," I chuckled sitting up and stretching.

They shook their heads. "Come on, you little Slytherin," laughed George as he ruffled my hair.

Smiling I linked arms with the twins and dragged them down the steps with me. Coming down the steps we ran into another Gryffindor. I knew her because Hermione and I always try to get her to talk with us.

"Hi, Star," I smiled at her. She nodded to us and quickly walked up the stairs.

"Wow," I heard Fred breath. I looked up at him and giggled at his love struck face. "She's beautiful."

"That, my dear Weasley twin, is Miss Star Montgomery. Hasn't spoken a word to anyone, even after three years here. Poor girl."

"She's beautiful," Fred said again.

George laughed, "Somebody's in love. Now we just gotta get him to talk to her."

Fred shot him a glare, "Shut up."

I laughed, "Come, boys. I'm very hungry." We arrived at the Great Hall and I let out a small groan. "Today's one of those days that I wished I wasn't in Slytherin."

Fred and George laughed. "Sorry, little Abby Bear. Not everyone can be in the best house," smiled Fred.

"Yeah. They need some poor folks to fill up the others," agreed George.

I pushed them away," See you later, guys." I then walked over to the Slytherin table and sat down in the only empty place. Next to Draco.

"What happened to you, Malenthrope? Got attacked by a Pixie?" sneered Pansy from her spot across from Draco.

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me, Parkinson, was it your mother or father that was a pug? Or are you just some mutant dog they accidentally let into the school and felt too sorry for your ugly face and didn't have the heart to throw you back out?"

"At least I have parents,” she snapped back. I swallowed frowning. “They didn’t just leave me on the side of the road, like you.” I pushed myself up, out of my seat, I quickly made my way out of the Great Hall and down to the dungeons.

"Pureblood," I hissed at the portrait that gave an annoyed sigh but opened for me anyway.

I went up to my dorm and stood in the middle of the room before I decided what to do. I changed out of my school robes, into something more comfortable before leaving the Dungeons again. I walked out into the cold twilight and made my way down to the Forbidden Forest. I stepped into the moss covered floor of the forest and wandered around till I found a place to rest. Sighing I let the babbling book next to me helped me melt away the stress that had been thrown at me.

In all reality only a few people, Dumbledore, and Snape, were the only people who had known about my mother and father. And who they really were. My father was much more dangerous than just a murder. He was a killer, full of bloodlust. He killed my own mother after she gave birth to me. He tortured people till the brink of insanity just for fun. Of course, I had only known this from stories but seeing the people he killed, who they were, I know he was a horrible man. He had killed one of my best friends' parents. And he hasn't been seen since.

I groaned, remembering my tea leaves from this morning. "Yet," I whispered. A soft little cry responded and I jumped up. I looked around and slightly giggled seeing a small little ball of orange of fur squeak out a cry again. "Well, hello there little guy," I said picking up the little fox. He squeaked. "What are you doing out here all alone," I murmured as I scratched under his chin. He purred in response and rubbed his head against the bottom of my chin. "Awww," I giggled. "I'm gonna name you Nanukk." He squeaked in response and climbed up around my shoulders. Smiling I walked back out of the forest to see it had gotten much later than I thought it was Quickly, I walked up the pathway to the castle while Nanukk clung to my shoulders. I was just about to push the door when a voice made me almost jump out of my skin.

"Out of a late stroll are we, Miss Malenthrope?"

"Professor," I gasped looking up at the familiar black haired potions master. "I didn't mean to, Professor. I just-"

"It's my job to keep you safe, Abigail," he sneered cutting me off.

"And you wandering the grounds at night is not safe. Not with Sirius Black running around."

"I am sorry, Professor."

He scoffed, "If you were sorry, Abigail, you wouldn't be doing it, now would you?"

I shuffled my feet, "You know when I get stressed I tend to wander into nature."

"Yes," he said with a slight smirk. "I do sometimes notice your absence in the summer when you are gone for more than a few hours."

Smiling I rolled my eyes, "You miss me when I'm gone and you know it, Uncle Sev."

He shook his head, "Inside and off to bed, Abigail. And don't let me catch you wondering around this late again."

"I wont, Professor. Good night," I nodded to him before entering the castle and made my way down to the Dungeons. I ran up to my dorm after passing through the grumpy, portrait, and changed into my pjs. I crawled into bed with Nanukk and drifted off to sleep.