Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

I Hope He Finds Me

The weeks after the howler the teasing and taunting of Draco Malfoy began again. But I mostly ignored him. I had no interest in him anymore. At least that's what I told myself.

It was the start of Christmas Holidays and I was staying at Hogwarts, in the Gryffindor Dorm with Hermione and Star while their room mates had gone home. I woke up early on the day the Holidays began and took my things up to the girls dorm in Gryffindor tower. I laughed seeing Hermione still fast asleep, her hair sticking up all over the place.

"Mione!" I yelled jumping onto her bed. She screamed and bolted up right, knocking me off the bed and onto the floor. "Good morning, bed head!" I giggled.

"Abigail!" she screeched.

"And that's my cue to leave!" I laughed running out of the room. I heard her scream behind the door and I only laughed and skipped over to the boys dorm. I went to the twins' room and peaked inside to see it was only the Weasley boys. Lee and Kevin must have left for the break. I tip toed inside and stood between the twins beds. "Boys! Star and Angelina say they love you!"

The boys jumped up and started to pull on their clothes. "Wait!" shouted George. "Angelina left for the holidays."

I giggled at the two boys who turned to me. "Good morning, boys. Lovely day, isn't it?" I smiled before rushing out of their room and back down to the girls dorm. "Mione! Are you up yet," I yelled entering her dorm. Inside Star was fixing her hair and the door of the bathroom was closed. "She in the bathroom?" I asked Star. She nodded. "Why don't you talk?" I asked sitting down on her bed. She have me a strange look and then looked down at her feet. "I don't mean to pry but..." she shook her head. "Not ready to tell?" She shook her head again. I stood up and gave her a hug. "Well, when you're ready to tell, Hermione and I will be here."

"I'll be here for what?" Hermione asked stepping out of the bathroom.

"When Star's ready to talk."

"Of course," Hermione smiled.

"And," I smirked. "I know someone else who'd be willing to listen to you talk as well." Hermione giggled. "A certain Weasley," I sang. Star blushed and looked down at her hands, her hair turning a tinge of pink. "You like him," I accused her. She blushed nodding.

"Awww!" Hermione and I squealed hugging her.

"You and him would make the cutest couple ever," gushed Hermione. Star shook her head as she blushed even more.

"Oh, of course you would!" I chirped in agreement. "Now, who would care to join me on a trip to Hogsmead?"

"Me!" Hermione giggled running over to her bed and grabbing her coat. "Do you wanna come, Star?" She asked as we were about to leave. She shook her head holding up a book as she plopped down on her bed. "Well, if you get bored, you're more then welcome to come join us."

I linked arms with Hermione and skipped down the stairs. "Ron!" I laughed hugging him before linking arms with him as well. "Ready?"

"Where are we going?" he asked as we walked out of the portrait hole.

"The Shrieking Shack!" I smile.

I dragged the two of them through the snow and down to Hogsmead. We broke away from the crowd and I lead them down to the Shrieking Shack. The whole time, Hermione was babbling about it.

"It's meant to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Hermione asked as she and Ron stood close to the fence and I danced closer to the shack.

"Twice," Ron responded nervously.

"Oh," she blushed looking down. "Um. Did you want to move a bit closer."

Ron's eyes widened as I giggled. "Huh?"

"To the Shrieking Shack?" amended Hermione.

"Oh," Ron said, beginning to stutter. "Well. Actually, I'm fine here."

"Well, well," snickered a familiar voice. "Look who's here. You two shopping for your new dream home?"

"Go away, Draco," I snapped.

He laughed, "Seems like it comes with a tramp as well. Bit grand for you, isn't it, Weasle-Bee? Don't your family sleep in one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," frowned Ron.

"Ohhh," he snickered. "Not very friendly. Boys, I think it's time we teach Weasle-Bee how to respect his superiors." He smiled adjusting his coat proudly, looking to Crabbe and Miles Bletchly.

Hermione laughs shortly, "Hope you don't mean yourself."

"How dare you talk to me! You filthy little mudblood." Draco sneered. I went to pull out my wand but a snowball hit Draco in the face before I could hex him. "Who is that?" Draco asked looking into the forest. Three more snowballs came flying and hit him. "Don't stand there! Do something!" he yelled at Crabbe and Miles.

"What?" Crabbe asked as Miles' had was pulled down over his eyes. And then Crabe's pants were pulled down before he got kicked, face first, into the snow.

Miles pulls his hat back up just to be grabbed by his scarf and spun around in circles while Draco tripped over Crabbe. Draco was then dragged down the slope, closer to the Shrieking Shack.

"What's up, Malfoy? Lost your skis?" Ron laughed.

Malfoy got back up and then ran back to the hill. He pushes Crabbe and Miles as he ran up the slope back to the village, "Get out of the way! Move!"

"Malfoy!" cried Crabbe as he and Miles stumbled after him. "Wait! Wait!"

Hermione and I laughed at them as Ron's hat tassels began to move and then Hermione's and my hair.

"Harry!" Hermione and I giggle together.

Harry pulled off his invisibility cloak, laughing with us.

"Bloody hell, Harry," breathed Ron. "That was not funny."

"What are you talking about, Ron," I laughed. "That was hilarious." I threw my arms over his and Harry's shoulders. "Harry, good to see you here! Come on, and we'll show you around."

We started back towards Hogsmead. "How did you find us," Hermione asked.

"This," Harry said pulling out a bit of parchment.

"A bit of parchment?" I frowned.

"It's a map. Of Hogwarts. It shows where everyone is at any moment of any day." He smiled. "It's called the Marauder's Map."

"Brilliant! Where'd you get it," smiled Ron as Harry stuffed the map into his pocket, as we reached the village.

"Fred and George," he chuckled.

"Those weasels!" shouted Ron. "Never told me about any Marauder's Map."

"Harry isn't going to keep it. He's going to turn it over to Professor McGonagall. Aren't you?" said Hermione.

"Oh, sure," Ron said rolling his eyes. "Along with his Invisibility Cloak."

Hermione rolled her eyes and then smirked, "Oh look who it is. Madam Rosmerta. Ron fancies her." I giggled looking at the Three Broomsticks Inn Keeper.

"That's not true," defended Ron before we fell quiet, listening to the conversation.

"Professor McGonagall!" The minister called from his carriage.

"Cornelius!" she called back walking over to where he was stopped.

"Allow me, minister," Hagrid said opening the door, and pulling it off the carriage.

"Oh, Hagrid..." sighed Fudge.

"Sorry about that," he mumbled.

Fudge stepped out of the carriage and made his way over to Rosmerta and Professor McGonagall. "Rosmerta, my dear. I hope business is good."

"It'd be a lot better if the Ministry wasn't sending dementors into my pub every other night!" She accused, waving a hammer in the minister's face.

"We have..." he wiped off the horse droppings on his shoe in the snow. "We have a killer on the loose."

"Sirius Black in Hogsmead! And what would bring him here?" she scoffed. Fudge whispered something to her. "Harry Potter?" she asked loudly. Professor McGonagall and Fudge shushed her before ushering her inside.

The three of us looked to Harry, but he was already gone. "Harry!" gasped Hermione and we ran after him.

"I say! No underage wizards allowed in today!" shouted on of the shrunken heads as we opened to door.

"Shut the damn door!" shouted another.

"So rude," huffed Hermione.

"Thick heads," said Ron.

"Thick heads!" They shouted. "How dare they!"

Hermione shut the door and the three of us plopped down on the bench outside the pub. "I wonder what that's about," sighed Hermione.

"Dunno. Dad never said anything about it," shrugged Ron.

"I hope he's alright," Hermione frowned. A few moments later Hermione nudged me in the side. "Look," she said pointing to the appearing footsteps with no body. Hermione, Ron and I quickly follow after them and through a crowd of dwarf carolers that had been knocked over.

"Excuse me. Sorry, sorry," I mumbled dashing through them and after Harry.

Finally the footsteps stop next to a large rock in the middle of the woods. Hermione stepped forward and knelt down next to him. I lingered behind Ron. Sobs could be heard from under the cloak as Hermione pulled it off.

"Harry, what happened?" frowned Hermione.

"He was their friend...and he betrayed them. He was their friend!" he shouted. "I hope he finds me. Because when he does, I'm gonna be ready! When he does, I'm gonna kill him!"

Frowning I slipped away from the clearing and walked back towards the Shrieking Shack. Sirius was innocent, I thought to myself. There had to be someone else in the story Harry wasn't mentioning. Sighing I plopped down in the snow and looked out to the old shack on the hill.

A soft chatter sounded on the slope and I gazed down to see the familiar red fur of Nanukk.

"Nanukk?" I said getting up. "What are you doing out here? I thought I left you in the dorm?" I walked closer to him but he scampered away. "Nanukk?" I say following him down the slope. "Nanukk!" I called as he dashed inside the shack. Slowly I stepped inside. "Nanukk," I whispered. I looked up and saw him scampering up the last few steps. "Nanukk!" I hissed following him up the steps and into one of the old bed rooms. "Na-" I screamed as a large black dog jumped at me and knocked me to the ground. It stood over me, growling for a moment before slowly backing away. I sat up and frowned. "What are you doing out here all alone?" I asked holding my hand out to the dog.

He sniffed it before rubbing his muzzle against my palm. "You're so thin," I frown scratching behind his ear. "Hum, I think," I said looking in my bag, "that I might- Ah ha! Bacon!" I said holding it out to the dog. "Originally for Nanukk but I think you need it more." Nanukk chattered behind me, upset I had given away his bacon. "Oh, shush you."

I petted the dog as he curled up next to me. "You need a home," I cooed running my fingers through his fur. "I can give you one." His ears perked up. "Come on," I say standing up, "let's' head up to the castle." I walked out of the room, the dog following. "Come on, Nanukk." I called and walked down the steps. I heard the little fox run out of the room and after me.

Nanukk climbed up on my shoulders and the dog hugged close to my legs. I patted his head debating on a name for him. "Humm. What should I name you," I sigh tapping the dog's head. "I could call you Black," I say and he barked in response. "Okay, Black it is," I chuckled walking into the castle. I peeked into the Great Hall and smiled seeing it was lunch time. "Come on," I said walking over to the Slytherin table and sitting down.

Nanukk hopped down off my shoulders and at off the table as I handed him food, while Black ate off the seat next to me.

"Look who it is boys," sneered Draco from behind me. "What, did Weasle-Bee and Mudblood abandon you, Abby Bear," he teased.

I shot up with my wand pointed to his face. "No one, and I mean, no one, other than the Weasley twins are allowed to call me that, Malfoy. Do I make myself clear?" Black growled next to me, glaring at Draco. "Do I make myself clear?!"

Draco swallowed, "Y-yes."

"Good, now get out of my sight before I hex you," I growl. He turned to go but I grabbed his shirt. "Wait. One more thing. If I ever hear you call Hermione a mudblood again, I'll hurt you so bad your grandchildren will feel it. That is if you ever take the pureblood stick out of your ass long enough to get a girl." I shove him away, "Get out of here."

Draco ran out of the Great Hall and I chuckled before I sat back down and finished eating. After I had finished I took black and Nanukk up to the Gryffindor common room.

"Abby!" Hermione cheered hugging me. "There you are! We were wondering where you went."

I chuckled, sitting down on one of the red chairs. "I felt like exploring. Had to clear my mind after what Harry had told us."
"Who's this?" Harry asked scratching Black's head.

"Black. Found him by the Shrieking Shack. Thought I'd give him a home," I shrug.

"He's very sweet," Hermione giggled, petting his head.

Black stepped up onto the couch where Ron was sitting and he started to sniff Ron to the point where Ron was leaning all the way back into the couch.

I laughed, "I think he likes you."

"You think," Ron said trying to shove him away.

I giggled as Black came over and curled up around my legs.

******

The next few days I've noticed Black acting strangely around Ron and the other Weasley's. And most nights I can find him in the common room sniffing around or over by the boys dormitory. But today he was even stranger. It was Christmas Eve day and Ron had just found Scabbers again, and Black was going nuts over it. Every chance he got, he'd try to attack Scabbers..

"Get that blood dog away from me, Abigail!" Ron shouted at me as Black, once again, tried to eat Scabbers.

"He's a dog, Ron. What am I supposed to do?! Throw him out in the snow?!" I snapped back.

"Well, that's a brilliant idea! Why don't you do it 'cause he's not staying here anymore!"

"Piss off! I'm staying in the Slytherin dorm tonight," I growl stalking upstairs to grab some clothes. I trudged back down with Nanukk and Black at my heels.

"Good!" Ron said when he noticed I returned. "It's where you belong!"

That hurt, a lot. But I didn't show it. Instead I just kept walking and went down into the Dungeons. I went up to my deserted dorm and sighed. I sat down on my bed and Nanukk hopped up next to me, purring for attention.

"Not now, Nanukk," I say pushing him away and laying down on my bed. Nanukk climbed on top of me and I shoved him off, "No, dammit. Get away." I huffed and stood up. I went down to the common room and sat down on one of the black leather couches. Only a few Slytherins were still present for the holidays. Most were either older or younger than I. But, unfortunately, Draco was still present for the holidays, along with Miles Bletchly and Adrian Pucey.
But right now the common room was vacant. Probably supper time, but I didn't feel hungry. Instead I curled up on the cold leather couch, so different from the warm red couch in the Gryffindor common room, with a blanket and stared at the fire. The portrait hole opened and only one person, whom I didn't want to see, walked through.

"Look who's back," he snickered, knocking my feet off the couch so he could sit down. "They didn't want you anymore, Abigail? Or did you finally see just how filthy Granger is?"

I whipped my wand out and held the point against his cheek. "You leave my friends alone, Draco Malfoy. I am tired of your shit and it truly needs to stop before I physically harm you or kill you." I thought a moment before chucking my wand across the room and burying my head in my hands. I had become cruel. Like my father.

"A-A-Abby?" Draco stuttered.

"Just go away," I sighed wiping away a few tears.

"What's wrong? Why are you here?" He asked scooting closer to me.

"I'm in Slytherin house, I'm suppose to be here," I frown.

"Well, I know that. I meant, you usually stay in the Gryffindor tower over the holidays," he said eyeing me.

"Ron found his rat and Black keeps trying to eat him so Ron wanted me to throw him out in the snow. I refused and here i am now," I sigh rubbing my face.

"Well, Weasle-Bee-"

"Don't start, Draco," I hissed. "I don't need anymore drama right now."

"Right," he mumbled.

I eyed him, "Why are you being nice to me?"

Draco shrugged, "You looked like you needed someone to talk to."

"And so after months of not speaking to me and taunting me and my friends, you decide you should talk to me because I look upset?" I shook my head. "It doesn't work that way, Draco. You act like one person around your friends and someone completely different when we're alone. And I know you've told people you broke up with me to make it seem like you disliked me in the first place, Draco." He went to argue. "Don't deny it. You need to choose if you're my friend or not because this back and forth BS isn't gonna work. And if you are gonna be my friend, ground rules will be set about you hating my other friends because I can't stand that crap." He sat silently. "I'll let you think about that," I say getting up, still holding the blanket, as other Slytherins walk in.

"Where are you going?"

"For a walk," I said waving him off as I stepped out into the corridor.

I wandered the castle for hours, just thinking. I pulled my blanket closer around my arms as I walked near the Great Hall. I then hear two pairs of running footsteps behind me and I quickly hid in the shadows, praying that if it was a Professor, they wouldn't see me.

They pushed through the front doors and in the burst of moonlight I saw Sirius Black and Professor Lupin. With the door left open, I tip-toed closer to see they had stopped just outside the doors.

"What are you doing here?!" Lupin growled.

"Listen to me, Remus. It's the rat. Ron'. It's Peter! He sold Lilly and James to Voldemort. Not me. I swear," Sirius said quickly.

"Peter's dead, Sirius." He was silent a moment before he sighed. "Now, I truly do not believe you sold Lilly and James to him nor did you kill Peter but it's my word against strong evidence you did. But you can't be here!"

"You believe me, Remus. Then help me become a free man," Sirius hissed.

"How did you get in the castle?" Lupin asked, ignoring Sirius.

"I've been here for a long time. I surprised you haven't noticed me. Has it really been that long, Moony?"

"Who let you in?"

"The Slytherin girl. Abigail. I was a dog the whole time. Till tonight, of course."

Lupin sighed. "Look, Sirius. I know the Marauder's Map is still here. Where, I don't know. I have a feeling the Weasley twins have it but...I just don't know. But for now I need you to stay away."

"Where am I supposed to stay? The Shrieking Shack?!"

"You can't stay here," Lupin responded. "I'm surprised Snape hasn't recognized you yet."

"If I freeze to death, it's on you," Sirius growled.

I walked out and handed Sirius my blanket. "It's not much, but it'll keep you warm."

"Abigail!" breathed Lupin.

I smirked, "I told you he was innocent."

"What are you doing out of bed," Lupin hissed as Sirius laughed.

"I was in the Astronomy Tower," I shrugged. Lupin his hand through his hair. "Don't worry, Professor Lupin, your secret is safe with me." Lupin groaned.

"Come on, Moony. She's just like we were when we were young. Cut her some slack," chuckled Sirius.

"You, go," he said pointing to Sirius. "And you," he said turning to me, "come with me."

"I'll come visit you with food, Sirius," I wave as we walked back up the steps of the castle.

Lupin pulled me inside, holding my arm. He pulled me up to the third floor and into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. "How did you know?" He asked holding both of my arms now.

"Know wh-what, Professor?"

"That he was innocent! That he's an Animagus!" he hissed.

"I-I-I didn't know he was an Animagus, sir. A-and I only assumed that he was innocent, Professor."

Lupin let me go and he started to pace, pulling at his hair. "I need that map," Lupin mumbled.

"The Marauders Map? From Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs?" I asked.

Lupin eyed me, "What do you know of it?"

"I know where it is."

"Where?"

"Harry has it," I shrug, leaning against one of the desks.

"Harry? How did Harry get it?"

"Weasley twins. I think he said the nicked it from Filch's office in their first year. Which explains a lot."

Lupin began to pace again. "I need that map."

"I know Harry studies it every night. If you're lucky he might explore something some night when you're walking patrol," I suggest.

Lupin sighed, "Thank you, Abigail. You may go, now," he said waving me away as he leaned his hands on the desk, his head low.

"Happy Christmas, Professor Lupin," I say before exiting the classroom and returning to the Dungeons.