Status: used to be Forget About It but i changed my mind

A Love Like War

Did you just say Alex is cute?

The numbers on the clock were blurry and hard to make out, and I had to re-read the time that lit up the digital screen three times before it actually registered in my brain that it was one in the morning. My head was pounding, but in a good way. I wasn't really sure what was going on at the party anymore. The music was still making the floor throb and there were people bumping into me everywhere I walked.

As I staggered around the crowded kitchen, my eyes surveyed the room and I quickly spotted Cory's white blonde hair. I approached her carefully, then collapsed into her shoulder, using her as support.

"Holy shit, Kristin," Cory laughed. "How much did you drink?"

I rolled my eyes around in different directions, thinking for a moment, then answered her, "I dunno . . . a lot. And I tried weeeeeeed! It was reallysupergood. I feel great!"

"Wow, alrighty," she chuckled. "So uh, Alex is here."

Alex? Alex was hot. "Cool."

" . . . What?" Cory asked, as if she had misheard me.

"I said cool! Alex is a cuuuutie," I giggled, thinking about Alex's adorable crooked smile.

" . . . WHAT?!" Cory exclaimed incredulously.

"Whoa whoa whoa, calm down Mrs. Shouty Pants!" I broke into a fit of laughter, throwing my head back and clutching my stomach. That was a bad decision; I got dizzy and had to grasp Cory's arm for support again.

"Did you just say Alex Gaskarth is cute?" Cory asked. She looked completely confused. I didn't know why.

"Yeah? Where is he?" I asked, whipping my head around to search for the boy.

"Uh, living room," she told me warily. I shrugged it off and made my way to the living room.

I spotted Alex immediately. He was sprawled out on the couch, joint in hand, head tilted back and smoke rings floating out from between his lips. His shaggy hair which he had recently dyed black was slightly damp from sweat, and sticking to his forehead a bit. He looked ridiculously hot, not unlike usual.

Stumbling over to the couch, I managed to plop my ass down right next to Alex. He looked over at me and smiled his crooked grin.

"Hey Kristinnnn," he slurred, obviously blown. "What're you doing here?"

"Dunno. This is the first party I've ever been to. I'm having fun though!" I exclaimed, like a child telling her mom about her first day of school.

Alex laughed. "That's goood." He licked his lips and smirked at me, and heat rushed to my cheeks at the thoughts that went through my head. On instinct, I scooted closer to him. I began playing with the collar of his shirt, and then traced my fingertips across his collarbone and started lightly tracing patterns on his chest. I felt his body shudder at the touch, which for some odd reason, only drove me to keep moving my fingers down his torso until they rested on his belt buckle. I looked up at his face, his eyes were slightly wider than usual and his mouth was open slightly. I moved even closer to him, if it was even possible, and pressed myself to his side.

I was about to say something when his lips crashed into mine.

• • •

When I awoke the next morning, I was lying in an unfamiliar bed, confused and dazed, my head throbbing. I was naked and completely unaware of what had happened the night before.
♠ ♠ ♠
fuc kman i accidentally deleted this the first time so i rewrote it and this one's better
IDK
i hate the new mibba layout it's the work of satan wow
okay whatever tell me whatchya think yeaah? :)