Status: used to be Forget About It but i changed my mind

A Love Like War

Forgive and don't forget.

Long story short, I had the procedure done without another word to Alex. I'd told my mom quickly and, though I'd been expecting a lecture and grounding, I received a story about how the same thing had happened to her when she was a teenager. Slightly disturbed, but extremely relieved, I began to relax about the entire situation.

It was odd. I'd always heard that it was a negatively life changing experience, having an abortion. That it affected you mentally. But it really didn't affect me too much, aside from the physical aspect. I think it mostly had to do with the fact that I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that no, this wasn't a dream.

Soon my life returned to normal, and somehow, Alex and I managed to act like this had never happened. It was just back to normal Alex and Kristin hating each other but putting up with each other for the sake of their mutual friends.

But I didn't forget.

Three years and I didn't forget.

I didn't forget about all the terrible things he'd done to me, intentionally or not.

I didn't forget about how much he claimed he hated me but the second he was intoxicated he practically jumped up my skirt.

I didn't forget how careless he was about how he was affecting me.

And I didn't forget the immense amount of emotion that he was unable to hide during that five minute conversation in his kitchen.

I was taking a break from school. I'd been graduated for two years and I decided I wanted to make some money first and try to get into a good college later. I wanted a taste of the real world first, now that I could really get one.

I was living on my own--technically. But my apartment was next door to Cory's and we basically lived together, so I couldn't really call myself independent.

I hadn't heard from Jack or Rian or Kara or Matt in a year. Last I'd heard was that they'd switched up the band--Alex was still on vocals and guitar, Jack was on guitar, Rian on drums, and Matt was no longer officially in the band. They had a new member, Zack, on bass. Matt was just their friend who went everywhere with them and added his opinion in now and then. Their name was officially All Time Low. Last time I'd spoken to Jack I told him good luck and I know you'll make it big. I wasn't really sure if I believed it though.

I was lying in bed one morning--okay, afternoon. It was almost one and I still hadn't had any sort of motivation to get ready for the day yet. Anyway, I was lying in bed and my phone buzzed from under my pillow. The only reason I answered it was because I couldn't ignore the fact that it was causing my entire pillow to vibrate. I didn't bother looking at the name on the screen.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, then coughed to clear my throat. My morning voice must've been the one unattractive morning voice in existence.

"Kristin, hey!" I recognized the voice immediately.

"Jack? What's up?" I asked, confused as to why he was calling me so randomly.

"Okay look. I know we haven't talked in a while but I really needed to tell you this. We just got signed a record deal!"

It took a moment for me to process what he said, but then a huge grin broke across my face. "Really? Holy shit Jack, that's awesome! What company?"

"It's called Hopeless Records. We go into the recording booth tomorrow!" I could literally hear him smiling.

"Damn, I'm so proud of you guys!" I laughed.

"Oh, one more thing," Jack said, finally calming down.

"Yeah?"

"We started talking about different tracks that Alex has been writing, and he said one song has a girl part in it. We were trying to think who we could get to sing in the song, and your name came up pretty quick. So? Would you like to guest star on All Time Low's new album?"
♠ ♠ ♠
short and shitty
i had to get this out because a lotta fuckin things happen in such a short chapter. this is where the REAL story starts. the part i'm actually excited for. okie, gimme your thoughts ya turkeys!