The Death Keepers

Chapter four

Is Death like a long nap?

I sit on Damian's lap looking at the surviving children. I remember That there is more to the clans than this!

"What about the elders!? Did they make it!?" I asjk frightened.

"Just one, The others were too week to fight back." Duson answers saddly.

"What one?" I can't help but ask.

"Seige," He answeres.

I am overcome with happyness. Seige is like a father to all of us death goddesses. He has taught us many things. "Where is he?" I say now looking expectantly.

"He is resting, he battled hard," Duson responds.

We sit and chat for a wile but then my sisters ask the question that I knew was comming.

"Will they be allowed to stay with us Storma?"

"I will allow them if you all will," I answer

"Then Redver Clan consider yourselves our most honered guests,"

A few hours have passed and I am again sitting under my tree reading another magic scroll. I am getting the hang of summoning the magic and controlling it. most of this is basic though. I saw a scroll I knew I was not ready for. The Power to summon spirits. I dare not try it. It could open the gates and throw things into chaos if I don't do it right. I practice throwing balls of water and flame into the large pond we have in the middle of the field. After a few hours Damian finds me.

"Look at you, your soaked through." He says

"So what? I can't really get a cold from being out in wet cloths stupid," I retort

"Your still going to get cold, I happen to know that your kind can die from being too cold," He counters. "Besides, Seige is down with his resting, he wants to see you,"

I get excited and dry my cloths with the flame. Damian looks suprised to see that I can use magic. We trot to the palace and there is Seige standing at the door. I run and hug him. He looks at me and then looks angry.

"You have been playing with magic haven't you!?" He asks snappish.

"I..I discovered the scrolls in the library," I say almost frightened.

"Be careful with the Magic Storma it is powerful and if don't respect it, it will punish you sevearly," He warns.

"I promise Seige," I say bowing my head. I go back inside and end my day.
♠ ♠ ♠
*gasp!* A suprise for Early Christmas! OMG! Happy reading!