Status: one shot

Kaleidascope

1/1

She feels like she’s in a dream, like she’s looking at her life through a lens, from far away. At the moment the lens is blurry: opaque with uncertainty, overcast with anxiety. Her eyes are closed and she’s trying to focus, but she’s afraid that when she opens her eyes her beautiful dream will have disappeared. It’s quiet in her empty room, but she can hear the roar from outside: the cry of impatience and expectation from the crowd. Her heart is pounding with nerves, a little bit of fear courses through her with a shiver. For a second she panics, trapping herself in her own insecurity. What if she falters? What if she fails to deliver? What if they hate her?

A door opens behind her, breaking her from her reverie. She turns to see the smiling face of her manager. “They’re calling for you!” he says. She steps cautiously into the hallway and focuses on the growing roar from the crowd. It has developed a cadence, a chant, just two syllables… A grin breaks her worried mask when she realizes they are, indeed, calling her name.

She relaxes, cracking her knuckles as she makes her way to the stage. She sees her band mates, her best friends, and her bassist mouths a word to her: Showtime. She grins. Of course they won’t hate her, she’s been giving her all to them for years now. This is her life, this is her dream, and it’s time to live it. Time to do what she was born for.

The lens switches to the crowd, and a burst of nostalgia hits her when she imagines what’s going on on the other side of the curtain. She remembers that feeling, the antsy anticipation the room is now buzzing with. There are thousands of people in eager expectation, waiting for her. It’s that moment when the lights dim, when you’re holding your breath and waiting for the curtain to fall, or for shadows of your heroes to appear behind it. She places her fingers on the keys, and with a deep breath she hits the first chord. The single, ominous sound rings out and there is a ripple of excitement through the crowd. She feels connected to their energy; their electricity fuels her. She begins to play, and the crowd moves, her chords washing like waves over them, building, building, and then BOOM!

The curtain falls, and she’s off, feeding off the energy of the screaming and jumping kids whose faces she can now see in the glow of the colorful strobes. The lights are sweeping all over the crowd, illuminating a rainbow of faces, a kaleidoscope of people.

There, up on the stage, at the heart of it all, she is grinning from ear to ear. She dances and jumps to the beat of the powerful, infectious music blasting from the speakers. Then she’s singing, and they’re hanging on her every word, and she soars and croons and yells and preaches, artfully telling her story as an example, a flawed one. She tells the tale of her journey to this high point, and makes you feel like you could be up there with her. She is a beacon of hope, and although she is far from perfect she shows you don’t have to be to achieve your dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was an english assignment. a ' where do u want to see yourself in ten years' sort of thing.
so yeah.
ive been obsessed with scottish accents lately.
UNNECESSARY FACT YAY
commentz?
<3
kbai