Unforgiven

Chapter 1

“Will you come back…?”

She laid on my chest with her golden brown hair in finger curls on me. She didn’t have a scent I could identify but her aroma was something I wanted to hold on too. She looked at me with forest green in her eyes and smiled secretly at me.

“Do you want me back?”

Lips were never rosier on a girl than on hers. Her voice was that of the nectar in the sweetest delicate rose, and the way she turned to face me caused my sternum to break. I knew this would probably be the last and only time I spent with her.

“I do want you back”

“Ill be back then…”, she grinned and stood up. I didn’t want her to stand but she did. I missed her already and I knew that would be a problem. It was like a dream. I could touch her all I wanted now, but when reality sets in when will I be able too again?
She started walking, switching her matured hips, before turning to look at me.

“Good-bye…”

You could feel the separation in her voice, and regret, as she started off. I stood up myself and felt my legs running after her. My fingers caught her arm and turned her to give her a tender, final kiss as she left her lips loose from mine. She didn’t kiss me back. My lips slowly moved away and those deep green eyes blushed bits of clear tears as her face turned the same rosy color as her lips.

I opened my eyes to my office papers glued to my face.

Typical

I removed them as customers in the coffee shop seem to have laughed at my charter. I wiped my drooling face and eyes. Before I could even escape a breath she walked out with a coffee in her hands. I squinted my eyes before she caught me looking at her.

“Lost something?”, she giggled before walking out.

“I did…”, I mumbled. Her golden locks in a neat bun, her green eyes concentrated on the knob of the shop, her pink lips in a curling smile. Time froze and I fell in love; again.

“Wait!”, I said gathering up my stuff and running after her like I did before. I saw her before. I
knew her.

She walked out the shop and I found myself running again. I didn’t want to lose her again.

Not again.

“Ma’am!”

She slowly stopped walking and turned around. I watched the hot coffee melt in the air in front of her.

“You…”

“Me?”

She sounded confused. Of course.

“We met… It sounds crazy, but I know you! You… I… We…”

She giggled under her breath. “Sir, I’m married”

I lost my breath. She waved me off and continued walking.

Everything in my hands dropped hence my fingers could no longer touch her virgined skin any longer.

****
I held the cup in my hands. So warm it felt. Like his skin.

6 years of trying to go back. 5 years of wishing I did. 4 years of regret. 3 years of new love. A 2 year old child. 1 year of marriage.

A tear fell into my cup as I hesitated from looking back at him.

I promised him I’d come back.

At least I kept that.